Singleton draft: Oversoul vs. Lythand

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, upkeep, draw, pitch Elvish Spirit Guide to play Tinder Wall. Done.

Lythand: 20
Hand:4
Library: 60
In play:
-(U) Mox Ruby (T: R)
-(T,U) Island x2
(T) Grim Monolith
Rising Waters (Lands don't untap during their controllers' untap steps. At the beginning of each player's upkeep that player untaps a land he or she controls. )
Graveyard:
RFG:

Oversoul: 20
Hand: 6
Library: 29
In play:
-(S; 0/3) Tinder Wall (sac: RR; R, sac: 2 damage to a creature it's blocking)
Graveyard: Black Lotus, Chromatic Sphere, Lat-Nam's Legacy
RFG: Elvish Spirit Guide

L

Lythand

Untap island, draw, Play island. Tap 2 island and play Power artifact targeting the Monolith. Responces?

Hand:3
Library: 59
In play:
-(U) Mox Ruby (T: R)
-(T,T,U) Island x3
(T) Grim Monolith (Grim Monolith doesn’t untap during your untap step.
Tap: Add 3 to your mana pool. 4: Untap Grim Monolith. )-enchanted with Power Artifact? (Enchanted artifact’s activated abilities cost up to 2 less to play. If this would make an ability cost 0 or less mana to play, it costs 1, plus any nonmana costs. )

Rising Waters (Lands don't untap during their controllers' untap steps. At the beginning of each player's upkeep that player untaps a land he or she controls. )

Graveyard:
RFG:

Library: 29
In play:
Graveyard: Black Lotus, Chromatic Sphere, Lat-Nam's Legacy

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Presumably you kill me next turn. Let's see...

Untap, upkeep, draw, Land Grant revealing...

Phyrexian Walker
Yawgmoth's Bargain
Frantic Search
Lion's Eye Diamond
Memory Jar
Mana Crypt

Responses?

L

Lythand

Tap Mox, tap the island, Arcane Denial targeting the land grant.

L

Lythand

Untap a mox and Island,Draw one for the arcane, draw one for my turn. Discard an island to play Mox Diamond. Tap the two moxes to Untap the monolith. Tap the Monolith for 3, untap with 2 leaving one colorless in the pool. Repeat the section in bold three more times to get 4 colorless to cast Juggernaut.

Hand:1
Library: 57
In play:
-(U) Juggernaut 5/3 (Juggernaut attacks each turn if able. Juggernaut can’t be blocked by Walls.)
-(T) Mox Diamond (T: any color)
-(T) Mox Ruby (T: R)
-(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Grim Monolith (Grim Monolith doesn’t untap during your untap step.
Tap: Add 3 to your mana pool. 4: Untap Grim Monolith. )-enchanted with Power Artifact? (Enchanted artifact’s activated abilities cost up to 2 less to play. If this would make an ability cost 0 or less mana to play, it costs 1, plus any nonmana costs. )

Graveyard:Arcane Denial
RFG:

Library: 28
In play:
Graveyard: Black Lotus, Chromatic Sphere, Lat-Nam's Legacy , Land Grant

L

Lythand

Oversoul, Just curious. Have you played this deck you have drafted before in maybe real life?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've played storm decks (if that's what you mean) before, but not a 40-card highlander storm deck.

I have no responses to the Juggernaut. I will take my two cards from Arcane Denial, of course, but I was under the impression that you were going to Fireball me right about now...

Anything else for this turn?

L

Lythand

No Im done. You still have a chance. I didnt draw the ball...yet.

L

Lythand

I only have one at this time.

Apathy. Enchant creature
Enchanted creature doesn’t untap during its controller’s untap step.
At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature’s controller, that player may discard a card at random. If he or she does, untap that creature.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Excellent, it's not a counter.

Chrome Mox imprinting Yawgmoth's Bargain. Phyrexian Walker. Lion's Eye Diamond. Mana Crypt. I'll tap the Chrome Mox to play Dark Ritual, then activate the Mana Crypt, sacrifice the Tinder Wall, and use one of my black mana from the Dark Ritual in order to play Memory Jar. Then I'll use the LED (discarding Frantic Search) for UUU. This brings the storm count up to seven and leaves me with UUUBB floating. Fun stuff.

Now I'll use the Memory Jar. We both get new hands. Yay!

I'll drop a Thran Quarry and an Ornithopter. Since you have a new hand, I'll wait to see if you have any responses to the Ornithopter before continuing.

Storm count: 8
Mana floating: UUUBB

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll tap out to play "No more, Oversoul." It's a split second instant that forces any opponent named Oversoul to either pay 20 life, put 28 cards from their library into their graveyard AND draw a card, or become chemically castrated. If that opponent does not, he (probably she) loses the game...

.... :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I respond with, "Shut up, Ransac." It's a super split-second instant that counters any spell played by Ransac in a game he's not supposed to be in. Then Ransac must lose his next 20 games or be castrated by an army of tenors with rusty spoons.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'll pay UB for Night's Whisper, bringing me to 18 life and the storm count up to 9. I have UUB left.

I'll use the UUB to play Yawgmoth's Will. Now I have a storm count of 10.

From my graveyard, I'll play Black Lotus, Lion's Eye Diamond, and Urza's Bauble, bringing the storm count up to 13.

I'll tap the Thran Quarry for B and play Dark Ritual from my graveyard. Now I have BBB and the storm count is 14.

I'll activate Black Lotus for UUU and play Frantic Search from my graveyard for UUB, leaving me with UBB. But then I discard Forbidden Orchard and Rootwater Depths to the Frantic Search and untap my Thran Quarry, which I activate again for G. Now I have UBBG and a storm count of 15.

I'll use the G to play Tinder Wall from my graveyard and sac it for RR. Now I have UBBRR and a storm count of 16.

I'll replay Night's Whisper from my graveyard, bringing me to 16 life, UBR and a storm count of 17.

I'll use the R to play Chromatic Sphere from my graveyard, leaving me with UB and a storm count of 18.

I'll use my last remaining mana to cast Brain Freeze from my hand, putting the top three cards of your library into your graveyard, and then doing it again 18 more times for a total of 57 cards. Your turn. Decked?