Singleton Draft 4-Way Refresher Duel: Melkor vs. Ransac vs. Spiderman vs turgy22

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
I'll scoop. Nothing more I can do.
"18) Online Multiplayer Free-For-All Tip of the Month (TM): Don't stop playing until you're dead. This probably doesn't happen a lot in real life, but online once someone starts to dominate the game, one or more players will always quit. Quitting early only leaves all the underdogs in an even weaker position. If one person plays an Enormous Indestructible Creature (TM) or a spell that wipes out the board, he'll be the target of every other player in the game. I played one game where two players were jockeying over who could control more Darksteel Colossuses using Sculpting Steel. One player was so intimidated by this that he up and quit. He visited the game about half an hour later only to discover that both of those players were out of the game after knocking each other's life down and then getting hit by an entwined Grab the Reins. Quitting early can only waste the time you've already spent on the game. It also tells players with the most powerful spells that they don't really have to earn their wins."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Very true, but my mantra is typically to keep playing until the game isn't fun anymore. If you're that adamant about it, then I'll keep playing, but I'm getting nothing out of this game anymore. My own fault for wasting my resources early on, but I'm low on cards in hand and I have a big target on my chest from Melkor AND you, turgy22. Seems like the only underdog right now it just me.

I'll keep playing. My turn's over and I'm tapped out (save for my Maze of ith and my Top)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Turgy22 is right Trashman, make those bullies waste a turn or two taking you out, or be the spoiler (that should fit you)....
The winds of politics change quite quickly.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'm in the underdog position.

Untap, upkeep - pay WW for Rule, Draw

Forest
Deranged Hermit
Responses?

Melkor:9
Hand: 3
Library: 10
In Play:

(T) (T) (T) (T) (T) (T) (U) Island x7
(T) (T) (T)Swamp x2
(U) Tainted Isle (T: 1 or T: U or B, use this only if I control a swamp)
(U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B)

(U) Powder Keg: At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each creature and artifact with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~ (1 counter)
The Abyss: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices target non-artifact creature he or she controls
(T) Morphling: (3/3, U: ~ gains Flying, U: ~ untap this, U: ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities, 1: ~ gains +1/-1 until end of turn, 1: ~ gains -1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard: Impulse, Diabolic Edict, Mana Leak, Hymn to Tourach, Dark Confidant, Triskelion, Mind Twist, Misdirection, Island, Merchant Scroll, Undermine, Mana Drain, Swamp, Hypnotic Specter
RFG:Gifts Ungiven

Ransac: 8
Hand: 1
Library: 40
In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(T,T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Tundra (U/W)
(T,T) Plains
(T) Kjeldoran Outpost (T: add W. 1W,T: Make a 1/1 white soldier token)

(U) Mox Sapphirehttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Mox Sapphire
(U) Sensei's Divining Top

Graveyard: Force Spike, Desertion, Battle Screech, Rout, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Plains, Absorb, Spell Snare, Rout, Akroma-Angel of Wrath
RFG:

Spiderman: 6
Hand: 2
Library: 38
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(U) Hallowed Fountain (Dissension W/U dual land)
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Scrubland (W/B dual)

Rule of Law (Each player can only play one spell a turn)

(S) Deranged Hermit?

Graveyard: Genesis, Eternal Dragon, Gaea's Blessing, Exalted Angel, Isochron Scepter, Samite Ministrations, Armageddon
RFG:

turgy22: 9
Library: 25
In Play:

(U) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(U) Tainted Peak
(U) Sulfurous Springs
(U) Shivan Reef
(U) Mox Jet

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk
RFG:

turgy22

Nothing Special
None here.

By the way, I think everyone thinks they're in the underdog position. Except Melkor, who is clearly suffering from megalomania.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
He wouldn't be underdogs if you guys would just cast spells/creatures in order to fish more cards out of his hand via his Forbid/buyback.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
He wouldn't be underdogs if you guys would just cast spells/creatures in order to fish more cards out of his hand via his Forbid/buyback.
I wish I could. And Spidey might. And if not, he'll at least keep some squirrels on the board.

Melkor

Are you guys kidding me, I'M the underdog, not only am I very low on life, but I'm also running out of cards. I've just been praying this whole time that turgy22 doesn't have his Glimpse the Unthinkable in the deck. I am not going to Forbid the Hermit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Low on life? You're tied for the highest right now! :)

I'm done.

In Play:

(T) (T) (T)Swamp x2

(U) Powder Keg: At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each creature and artifact with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~ (1 counter)
The Abyss: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices target non-artifact creature he or she controls
(T) Morphling: (3/3, U: ~ gains Flying, U: ~ untap this, U: ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities, 1: ~ gains +1/-1 until end of turn, 1: ~ gains -1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard: Impulse, Diabolic Edict, Mana Leak, Hymn to Tourach, Dark Confidant, Triskelion, Mind Twist, Misdirection, Island, Merchant Scroll, Undermine, Mana Drain, Swamp, Hypnotic Specter

In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(T,T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Tundra (U/W)
(T,T) Plains

(U) Mox Sapphirehttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Mox Sapphire

Graveyard: Force Spike, Desertion, Battle Screech, Rout, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Plains, Absorb, Spell Snare, Rout, Akroma-Angel of Wrath
RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Scrubland (W/B dual)

(S) Deranged Hermit (1/1, Echo 3GG, All Squirrels get +1/+1)
(S) Squirrel token[/color[ (2/2 due to Hermit)

Graveyard: Genesis, Eternal Dragon, Gaea's Blessing, Exalted Angel, Isochron Scepter, Samite Ministrations, Armageddon
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(U) Tainted Peak
(U) Sulfurous Springs
(U) Shivan Reef
(U) Mox Jet

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk
RFG:

turgy22

Nothing Special
EOT: I'll activate the scroll, naming Fabricate. Reveal Darksteel Colossus. Nothing happens.

Start my turn.
Untap. Upkeep. Draw.
Swamp. Play Fabricate.
Any responses?

In Play:

(T) (T) (T)Swamp x2

In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(T,T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Tundra (U/W)
(T,T) Plains

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Scrubland (W/B dual)

(S) Squirrel token (2/2 due to Hermit)

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(U) Tainted Peak
(U) Sulfurous Springs
(U) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

RFG:

turgy22

Nothing Special
I rifle through my deck and find nothing.
Done.

In Play:

(T) (T) (T)Swamp x2

In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(T,T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Tundra (U/W)
(T,T) Plains

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Scrubland (W/B dual)

RFG:

Library: 24
In Play:

(T) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(U) Tainted Peak
(U) Sulfurous Springs
(U) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk, Fabricate
RFG:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep (pay for upkeep, pay to make Morphling untargetable, Draw

Attack Spiderman with Morphling, who gains flying and I will pump to 5/1 . . .

Hand: 4
Library: 9
In Play:

(T) (T) (T) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x7
(T) (T) (T) Swamp x3

In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(T,T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Tundra (U/W)
(T,T) Plains

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Scrubland (W/B dual)

RFG:

Library: 24
In Play:

(T) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(U) Tainted Peak
(U) Sulfurous Springs
(U) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk, Fabricate
RFG: