Single Card Deckbuilding Contest: Mark V

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Of course, with Evacuation, you cannot just use creatures and simply rely on killing or overpowering your opponent's creatures (but that doesn't sound all that attractive anyway).

One option would be to use an alternative kill of some sort. The other would be to use your artifact mana and cast creatures after you've already played Evacuation...

J

jorael

You'd need a deck that would mostly rely on artifact mana.

talismans, ingot, moxes, etc.

Artifact kill could ruin your day, but that seems a small risk to deny all your opponents their lands.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
jorael said:
You'd need a deck that would mostly rely on artifact mana.

talismans, ingot, moxes, etc.

Artifact kill could ruin your day, but that seems a small risk to deny all your opponents their lands.
Artifact mana would be a good idea, but the deck doesn't need to be horrifically vulnerable to artifact destruction. The key cards for the lockdown would be Nature's Revolt and Overburden, both of which are enchantments. Until both are out, the deck could still play lands, and so could opponents. After an Evacuation, artifact mana would be a huge advantage, but at that point an opponent would be much less likely to be able to cast Shatterstorm, etc.

J

jorael

Not only is artifact mana a huge advantage. It is required if you want to be able to cast anything (like a win condition).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that depends on what the best win condition would be. With something like Black Vise, you're more likely to have it in play before Evacuation hits. I made this one a (pretty casual multiplayer) Legacy deck. It is far from fully tuned, but might still be cool...

Lands:
3x Underground Sea
3x Bayou
3x Tropical Island
4x Polluted Delta

Some black sorceries for winning the game before being killed:
4x Innocent Blood
4x Night's Whisper

Artifact protection/hate:
2x Hurkyl's Recall

Mana Acceleration:
4x Talisman of Dominance
4x Dark Ritual
4x Gilded Lotus
4x Thran Dynamo
2x Chrome Mox
2x Mox Diamond
4x Lotus Petal

Win Condition:
1x Soldevi Digger

Combo:
4x Evacuation
4x Nature's Revolt
4x Overburden

This one was based off the decklist I already posted, although it's quite different. I'm thinking of making it more controlling, and possibly including some utility creatures...

D

DarthFerret

Looks pretty good so far. I think this is the best deck-building contest so far...gonna have to think of another one....