Sideboard opens up our opprotunities!

U

Ura

Did spirits, spellshapers, and dragons. Dragons were fun to work with. :D

Z

Zadok001

Of course, the best deck is the Carrier/Plague deck with Engineered Plague, Outbreak, Plague Spitter, and the Phyrexian -X/-X family of doom. :)

G

Gerode

Engineered Plague and Extinction are great tech in this format, if your deck runs enough Black...

C

Captain Caveman

I did B/U Chimeria. With Tsabo's Decree and Spreading Plague
as the removal.

R

RabidKimba

Extinction/Outbreak isn't really "tech" in the format, I'd think that it goes against the format, and they wouldn't like it.

Just my $.02

L

Lotus Mox

I agree with RabidKimba, I didn't put creature class hosers in my black decks cause I thought it was too cheesy :).

Here are the creature types I did:

Chimera
Wall
Druid
Elemental

Sorry I haven't read this thread before so some of them were already done. :eek:

Z

Zadok001

In a Carrier deck, I think they fit the theme well enough to be used.

T

theorgg

I think Maro is going to choose some powerful and well-built decks to put out there. They'll be blanced within the format, with mabe one or two decks being a little off(I have the feeling that the Thrull deck chosen[if one does get chosen] will have at least one Thrull Wizard, and Zombies will be submitted by the pro's, thus a black hoser MIGHT slip in...)

Boy did that make unsense!

O

olwen

How should one build the decks?
Is there a minimum number of creatures that must be in it?
Can there be more than one creature type? two, three?
Can you put creature hosers in it (e.g., Engineered Plague)?

I

Istanbul

I saw no rules like those, but remember, people are going to PLAY these.

I had even thought of more unusual creature types (none, unique (a la Wombat, Dervish)).

D

Dementia

BEEBLES!!!!! I CALL BEEBLES!!!!

No, I'm not kidding. I am gonna do a beeble deck. Hard to stay on theme...but hell, I ain't gonna have much compition!!!

Lets see...break out the Donates and some Artifacts and Enchantments....Illusions...naw, that's soooo not original....Embargo maybe;) Jinxed Ring even Donates itself....hum.....got a deck going here:D

E

EricBess

I think based on what I have seen is that MaRo is looking for theme decks. In other words, I think that he will probably outright dismiss any deck that had Engineered Plague thrown in unless the Engineered Plague fits the theme of the deck (how many Engineers are there in Magic?).

Any set is allowed, so you could realistically put together a Chicken or a Cow deck as well.

Z

Zadok001

*sigh*

For the third time, it's a PLAGUE DECK. :) Plaguelords. Carriers. Engineered Plague fits the theme very, very well. It's just too good, that's all.

D

Dementia

Yeah yeah yeah......you just keep saying that to yourself. Maybe you'll convince yourself.....

Cheater;)

I submitted my Beeble deck!!

Among other things it has Beebles and Unstable Mutations.....I call it Unstabeeble:D

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Dibs on Hounds. (There are a surprising number of them.)
Also I might submit Ogres (NOT Orggs).

Does anyone know of any search engines that sort cards based on creature type?