Sextended Rector

S

superguy

I think Zadok is saying that he doesn't want to draw it in his opening hand if he can get the Birds/Ghoul/Rector start, which would hopefully allow him to fetch Burst out his library and go for the third turn kill.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If that's what he's saying, that's not what I was saying why people included Channel.

I wasn't saying people included it for a first turn kill or something (especially after the Moxes went out), I meant also people included for a possible third (or any, really) turn kill when they got enough mana to do so, even though they were only allowed one.

G

Gizmo

4 Birds Of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Hermit Druid
4 Phyrexian Ghoul
4 Skittering Horror
4 Academy Rector
2 Revenant

3 Duress
2 Vampiric Tutor
4 Shallow Grave
1 Pattern Of Rebirth
2 Saproling Burst

3 Phyrexian Tower
4 Bayou
4 Savannah
4 Scrubland
4 Gemstone Mine
3 Scrubland

Two into one can go!!!

R

Rando

7 Scrublands? I don't think listing them in two groups will get you out of the "4 Of" rule. ;)

Z

Zadok001

What I was trying to say earlier was that, with Channel, if you play one, you have to draw it to use it. To use the Saproling Burst kill, you have to NOT draw it to use it. There is a far greater likelyhood of NOT drawing something you have a single copy of in your deck than there is of DRAWING it. Therefore, playing with a kill card you want to avoid drawing is better than playing with a kill card you NEED to draw, yes? :)

Gizmo: Neat idea, but I think we'd both agree that the silver bullet approach is better in all regards, really... :)