Settlers of Cattan

M

MoggZombie

I play Settlers of Catan, it's fun. Not many people in my area play it though.

Z

Zadok001

Unfortunately for me, I've only had the pleasure of _watching_ a game or two... But I watched the whole thing, and thus know the rules as well as any of the players I saw. :) I'd love to play it, it resembled my favorite type of game; strategic simplicity.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I gave one to my wife for Christmas back when it first came out, and we play it all the time. Our 9-year-old likes it too, and I've since given a copy to my sister, who plays it with my Mom. Many of our family parties end up in a game of Settlers, provided we get an early enough start.

I also own the card game, Spiderman, though we don't play that as often. For some reason I've never lost at the card game, usually because I ALWAYS control the Commerce token and I tend to ignore the Knights.

It's just my "way", I guess. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've won about two thirds of our games... I actually don't specifically go for the Commerce token and I try to have a higher tourney level for the Knight. I like to "sneak" an unsummoning of the enemy knight for the last point or so...

C

Chaos Turtle

I know a guy who owns the game, but he lives a couple of hours away.

I've heard great things about it, but have never had the pleasure of playing it.