Sensei's Divining Crazp

F

Force of Will Smith

Ohh... ok. Thought it might be a new card, either that or one of those cards from the D1-D2 sets which i can't find ANYWHERE!!!!

F

Force of Will Smith

theyre the duelist 1 and 2 sets.. you can find them listed in your apprentice.

They were a handful of promo cards given at duelist invitationals to the best of my knowledge.. Most seem to be combinations of separate mechanics.. like a 7/7 shadow creature with cycling.. and a buyback dark transformation... i want them so bad :(

F

Force of Will Smith

Here's all from the 1st set minus a handful of cards from other cards you know like bandage and thalakos seer. Duelist cards seem to be crappy versions of mechanics save for a few.. the 2nd magic invitational cards all seem like unglued cards. Most of the "new" cards are commons... so why can't i find them anywhere?

Of 105 Cards 22 are new.

The remaining ones you know are:
Wood Elves, Wild Dogs, Wave of Terror,Warrior en-Kor,Volrath's Curse
Victimize,Vebulid,Twitch,Tranquility,Thalakos Seer,Stern Proctor,Spinal Graft
Skyshroud Condor, Skirge Familiar, Silent Attendant, Shower of Sparks
Shaper Guildmage, Servant of Volrath, Serene Offering, Scrivener, Samite Alchemist
Rootwater Matriarch, Roc Hatchling, Robe of Mirrors, Ripple, Revered Unicorn
Rabid Rats, Predatory Hunger, Power Sink, Nalathni Dragon, Mtenda Herder, Monstrous Hound
Monk Idealist, Mogg Bombers, Mob Justice, Mirozel, Mire Shade, Mind Maggots, Memory Lapse
Marble Titan, Lava Axe, Jackalope Herd, Intuition, Intrepid Hero, Hurloon Shaman, Hidden Ancients
Heartwood Dryad, Hawkeater Moth, Harvest Wurm, Hakim, Loreweaver, Grollub, Goblin War Buggy
Goblin Elite Infantry, Furnace of Rath, Funeral March, Fugitive Druid, Flesh Reaver, Final Fortune,
Fertile Ground, Faith Healer, Endless Wurm, Endangered Armodon, Elvish Herder, Disruptive Student
Disciple of Grace, Diabolic Edict, Destructive Urge, Crovax the Cursed, Clear, Circling Vultures
Change of Heart, Canyon Drake, Brilliant Halo, Barrow Ghoul, Bandage, Auratog, Armor of Thorns
Argothian Elder, Anarchist, Ambush Party, Academy Researchers

wish i could just cut and paste them all... arrgh..

Banding Licid 1W 1/1 W,T, creature gains banding.

Charge! 2R Buyback:1R, Cycling 2 Creatures target player controls gain flanking until end of turn

Dark Transformation 1B
Buyback: 1B and 1 Life
Cycling 2
Switch power and toughness of target creature. Effects that alter that creature's power alter its toughness instead, and vice versa, until end of turn.

Dauthi Knight 1BB 2/1 Flanking, Shadow

Dauthi Shade 2B 2/2
Cumulative Upkeep:1
Shadow
B:Dauthi shade gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

Enchanted Steeds 2GG 4/2
Echo, Flanking
Enchanted Steed cannot the target of spells and abilities.

Flanking Knight 1WW 1/1
Banding
1w: each creature without flanking blocking Flanking knight gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

Flanking Licid 1R 1/1 R,T: ec gains flanking

Fuming Giant 4R 4/1 Flanking
Fuming Giant cannot block.

Healing Soil 1G Instant
Buyback:4, cycling 2
Regenerate target creature

Hippo Compatriot 4GG 3/4
G: Hippo Compatriot gains banding until end of turn.

Mogg Bomb Squad 2R 2/2
Echo
R,T: Sacrifice Mogg Bomb Squad: Mogg Bomb Squad deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Phasing Licid 1U 1/1 U,T: Phasing Licid loses this ability and becomes a creature enchantment that reads" UU: Enchanted creature phases out." You may pay U to end this effect.

Shadow Licid 1B 1/1 B,T: Ec gains shadow.. B to end effect

Skyknight 2W 1/1 Flanking, flying

Slippery Licid 1G 1/1 G,T: ec cannot be target of spells or abilities, pay G to end effect

Soltari Sergeant 2WW 2/2 Banding Shadow

Speedy Zombie 3BB 3/1 Haste, Shadow

Spirit Leech 1W Instant
Buyback:3, cycling 2
Remove one of the following abilities from all creatures for the remainder of the turn: banding, first strike, flanking, flying, landwalk, protection, regeneration, shadow, or trample.

Suq'Ata Cavalier 3RR 3/2 Knight
Echo, Flanking, haste

Teacher 3UU Wizard 1/1
Flying, Whenever teacher becomes the target of a spell or ability phase out target creature

Teferi's Thalakos subjects 1UU soldier 3/2
Phasing, shadow

Thalakos Lancer 1U 2/2 Knight
First strike, flanking, phasing

Verdant Guardian 2G 1/1 Elf
Echo
Verdant Guardian can block creatures as thought it had flying and shadow
1G:Regenerate Verdant Guardian

F

Force of Will Smith

MTG Invitational Sealed. 2000 Cards. 95 total old and new.

Old are:
Wood Sage, Wall of Tombstones, Tunnel, Treefolk Seedlings, Treacherous Link
Tranquil Domain, Tragic Poet, Trade Caravan, Tooth and Claw, Swamp Mosquito
Surge of Strength, Strongarm Thug, Stern Proctor, Steal Enchantment, Song of Serenity
Shrieking Drake, Shocker, Security Detail, Saprazzan Raider, Sadistic Glee, Sacred Prey
Sacred Guide, Rolling Stones, Reclusive Wight, Rag Man, Quagmire Lamprey, Pearled Unicorn
Opalescence, Okk, Null Chamber, Mundungu, Mark of Fury, Magnify, Llanowar Druid, Intuition
Illusionary Wall, Illumination, Ignoble Soldier, Harvest Wurm, Harmonic Convergence, Grim Feast
Goblin Soothsayer, Goblin Recruiter, Goblin Gardener, Goblin Apprentice, Fyndhorn Brownie,
Fugitive Druid, Forbidden Crypt, Fledgling Osprey, Femeref Enchantress, Fatal Blow, Endangered Armodon
Eladamri's Vineyard, Duplicity, Dracoplasm, Donate, Dizzying Gaze, Coral Fighters, Consuming Ferocity
Conspiracy, Circle of Protection: White, Circle of Despair, Cinder Wall, Carrion Beetles,
Carrier Pigeons, Caller of the Hunt, Brine Seer, Bottle of Suleiman, Bog Witch, Blood Pet
Blood Hound, Bequeathal, Balduvian Shaman, Auratog, Armorer Guildmage, Amrou Kithkin,
Academy Researchers, About Face, Abjure

Aether Fart 4RR Sorcery

Aether Fart deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures other than Goblins, where X is the number of enchant creatures in play.

Avalanche of Squirrels 4GG Squirrels 3/3 Echo
Avalanche of Squirrels can't attack if a Goblin or Insect is in play.

Being an Evil Minion SUcks 3BB Sorcery
As an additional cost to play ~this~, sacrifice a creature. Destroy target creature other than a Wizard.

Bunch of Elephants 7GG 8/8 Trample
Sacrifice a permanent: Prevant all damage Bunch of Elephants would deal this turn. Any player may play this ability.

Cloudchaser Monk 3W 2/2 Cleric
When cloudchaser monk comes into play, destroy target enchantment.

Finicky Mob 2BR Minions 2/2
BR:Finicky Mob can't be blocked by merfolk, Walls, or wizards this turn.

I Don't Think So 1UU Instant
Reveal your hand. If no creature cards are in it, counter target spell.

Leave my Stuff Alone 2WU Enchantment
1WU: Return a black or green creature you control to its owner's hand.

Mutated Cockroach 4BBB 5/4 Mercenary Insect ?!?!?!?
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent chooses a color other than black. You sacrifice all creatures of the chosen color.

Never Trust a Blue Mage 2UU Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature has flying and can't attack.
UU: Return Never trust a blue mage to its owner's hand.

Share my Pain 3RR Enchantment
Whenever you draw a card, Share my pain deals 1 damage to you.
2R, Discard an enchantment card from your hand: Share My Pain deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

That Stings 1B Enchant Creature
Sacrifice two lands: Regenerate enchanted creature.

Too.. Many.. Words.. 2WW Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature's text box is blank. If enchanted creature's power or toughness is undefined, treat it as 0.

Undercover Disguise 4U Enchant Creature
You may play Undercover Disguise any time you could play an instant. As Undercover Disguise comes into play, choose a creature type. Enchanted creature is that type.

Very Strict Tutor 4W Enchantment
1W, Sacrifice Very Strict Tutor: Search your library for a blue or green enchantment. Reveal that card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Wall of Schizophrenia 3GG 5/3 Trample.
Wall of Schizophrenia may block any number of Goblins and/or Wizards each combat. Wall of Schizophrenia can't block Carnivores, Elephants, or Walls.

I think all of these blow except for
too many words and I dont think so..

From the first set, in my opinion the good ones are:

Dark Transformation kicks ass.. As does Shadow and slippery licid
spirit leech just has too many possibilities to not be good.

Healing Soil and Charge are both good since they share both buyback and cycling..

Has anyone ever seen these for sale? I'm positive they aren't tournament legal but I'd run them.

Reminds me of the "M" Fronted, and Blank Solid Black Magic cards that are apparently impossible to find.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No, they aren't listed in my Apprentice...

But I do know of them, although I didn't know that there were two separate sets...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This site says they have the Apprentice CHK patch. I haven't checked it yet, but if you do, does it have those Duelist Invitiational cards also?

F

Force of Will Smith

Probably, since i think you have to add the CHK one to the existing apprentice.

E

Ephraim

It occurs to me that Sensei's Divining Top is very good in conjunction with Mise. Obviously, Mise already fits in with cards like Brainstorm or Serum Visions. However, I think that Mise could be used effectively in a non-blue deck as a splashed card, with the help of things like Sensei's Divining Top, Goblin Spy, Yet Anoter AEther Vortex, any of the CHK Deceiver cards, etc. Of those, Sensei's Divining Top probably provides the most economical and useful effect on its own.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nope, same address as before...

Edit: And I am quite happy to have the good version of Appr. again, as well as the cool old Memory Jar decklist...