Selecting the starting rare!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Switchover
Color: U
Cost: 2UU
Type: Enchantment
P/T:
Rules Text: 2U: Shuffle target non-land permenent into owners library, target permenent's controller draws a card.
GU, Sacrifice <THIS>: Each player shuffles lands they control into the owner's library, each player draws cards equal to the number of lands they controlled that were shuffled into a library, each player may put all lands from their hand into play tapped.
Flvor Text:
Rarity: R

Card Name: Sack of Bones
Color: B
Cost: 2BBB
Type: Creature - Skeleton
P/T: 3/3
Rules Text: Fear.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>
If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.
Flvor Text:

Ok.
I like Switchover, since it's a bounce enchantment that lets opponent cycle through their deck (if you use it too much) and then you can set up for the Armegedon-like sac ability.

Sack of Bones is good, and works off of your opponent's action (unless you make them sac). It also has a limiting factor.

D

DarthFerret

Even though I have been out of it for awhile, I would agree that Switchover would be a good theme to run, as it should work in some fasion with every color/color combo. Sets a good tone for the set.

Tag Guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Although, Talking to a 3rd level judge, he thinks the "bounce" part may be a bit broken.... Like really broken... we may want to up the cost or put some kind of restriction on it (like: Use this only once per turn)

T

train

I have to agree the bounce is too strong as is...

The once per turn would be better...

Unless life was paid - or cards discarded...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
How about changing the CC to 1UU and the "bounce" to
"1UU,return <this> to your hand: Shuffle target non-land permenent into owners library, target permenent's controller draws a card."

For 9 mana you can play it, bounce something and play it again.

L

Limited

That seems pretty fair.

DF? Ransac? Please select a starting rare! (just pick a rare you want to be part of the set).

Cost: 2UU
P/T:
Rules Text:
"1UU, return <THIS> to your hand: Shuffle target non-land permanent into its owners library. That permanent's controller draws a card.
GU, Sacrifice <THIS>: Each player shuffles all lands they control into the owner's library. Each player draws cards equal to the number of lands they controlled that were shuffled into a library in this way. Each player may put any number of lands from their hand into play tapped.
Flvor Text:

Card Name: Sack of Bones
Color: B
Cost: 2BBB
Type: Creature - Skeleton
Rules Text: Fear.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>
If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five life.
Flvor Text:

D

DarthFerret

Alright, I guess I will choose....

Card Name: Guardian Mudball
Color: Z
Cost: WBG
Type: Creature - Elemental
Rules Text: Trample
Whenever <this> deals combat damage, you may instead divide that damage as you choose among attacking player and/or any number of creatures he or she controls.
Flavor Text:

Mainly because I like cards that cause more than 2 colors to synergize together. It is very rare that you see a 3 color deck that works really well, and they are almost unheard of in any type of tourney scene....

Tag Guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Lets change the cc also

Cost: 1UU
P/T:
Rules Text:
1UU, return <THIS> to your hand: Shuffle target non-land permanent into its owners library. That permanent's controller draws a card.
GU, Sacrifice <THIS>: Each player shuffles all lands they control into the owner's library. Each player draws cards equal to the number of lands they controlled that were shuffled into a library in this way. Each player may put any number of lands from their hand into play tapped.
Flvor Text:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why don't we pick cards that should get booted to trim it down to about 200 cards. I don't want to go through every single card again in a thread.

Or we can play with them as is and see which are broken, useless or just bad.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
AH! This thread was referring to me and I didn't even bother reading it!

What am I selecting a rare for?

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

We are each selecting a rare we want to be in the set. Than we'll examin which themes they indicate and which other cards logically follow.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll select Brain Strap

Card Name: Brain Strap
Color: A
Cost: 4
Type: Artifact
P/T:
Rules Text: At the end of each players discard phase, that player discards cards or draws cards until he/she has 2 cards in his or her hands.
Flavor Test:

Flavor Test?

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Why don't we pick cards that should get booted to trim it down to about 200 cards. I don't want to go through every single card again in a thread.

Or we can play with them as is and see which are broken, useless or just bad.
This might also be a good plan. Reconstructing the entire set will probably lead to a lot of refinalizing of cards..

Is each of us going to construct a deck with the set as is (aka the 261 cards thread)?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
This might also be a good plan. Reconstructing the entire set will probably lead to a lot of refinalizing of cards..
So each of us, or whoever wants to, take some time and list the cards you feel should be axed from the set. Then we can hash out these cards.
If anyone sees any problems with any cards, just bring it up and we can look into it.

Limited said:
Is each of us going to construct a deck with the set as is (aka the 261 cards thread)?
Spiderman was supposed to put this entire set into Magic Suitcase and then we can generate sealed decks, boosters and whatnot to start playtesting it.
I would like to play a few MindMaster games with the cards so that we are forced to use most of the cards.