Second Singleton Draft, Match 1: Melkor vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Nothing like starting against the best... Good Luck!

Heads!

Melkor: 20
Library: ???
Hand: 7
In Play

Graveyard: Empty
Removed:
----------------------------------------------------------
BigBlue: 20
Library: 38
In Play

Removed:

Melkor

It is heads

Library: 35
In Play

Removed:
In Play

Removed:

B

BigBlue

I'll Play

Shuffle, Draw 7, keep

Play Island
Play Mox Jet
Play Rootwater Thief
Go

In Play

Removed:
Hand: 4
In Play

(T) Mox Jet (T: B)
(T) Island

(S) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.)

Removed:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, done

Library: 34
In Play

(U) Island x1

Removed:
In Play

(T) Island

(S) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.)

Removed:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Swamp
Attack w/ Thief

In Play

(U) Island x1

Removed:
Library: 37
In Play

(U) Mox Jet (T: B)
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.)

Removed:

B

BigBlue

Attack w/ Thief (No blocks or responses - take 1)
Play Jester's Scepter - Remove the top 5 cards from your library from the game. They are supposed to be face down for only me to see, but obviously that isn't possible here - no biggie.
Done

Melkor: 19
Library: 34 29?
In Play

(U) Island x1

Removed:
Hand: 3
In Play

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, target player removes the top 5 cards of their library from the game. {useless counter ability})

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.)

Removed:

Melkor

Remove: Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, done

Library: 28
In Play

(U) (U) Island x2

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror
In Play

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, target player removes the top 5 cards of their library from the game. {useless counter ability})

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Removed:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Swing w/ Thief

Library: 28
In Play

(U) (U) Island x2

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror
Library: 36
In Play

(U) Mox Jet (T: B)
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Removed:

Melkor

There it is

Ancestral Recall
Mana Drain
Grim Monolith
Misdirection
Brainstorm
Underground Sea
Capsize
Forbid
Impulse
Control Magic
Dark Confidant
Watery Grave
Gush
Polluted Delta
Serra Sphinx
Grindstone
Powder Keg
Cruel Edict
Island x 6
Swamp x 4

B

BigBlue

Swing w/ Thief (No Blocks or Responses, I paid BB to remove the Control Magic)

Play Rootwater Diver, Done.

Melkor: 18
Library: 27
In Play

(U) (U) Island x2

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror, Control Magic
In Play

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(S) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand)

Removed:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Island, Capsize the Rootwater Thief, done

Melkor: 18
Library: 26
Hand: 6
In Play

(T) (T) (T) Island x3

Graveyard: Capsize
Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror, Control Magic
In Play

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (Returned to your hand?)
(S) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand)

Removed:

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Rootwater Thief
Attack w/ Diver for 1
Done

(Land would be good...)

Melkor: 18 17?
Library: 26
Hand: 6
In Play

(T) (T) (T) Island x3

In Play

(T) Island
(U) Swamp

(S) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (Returned to your hand?)
(T) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand)

Removed:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Me too, done

Melkor: 17
Library: 25
In Play

(U) (U) (U) Island x3

In Play

(T) Island
(U) Swamp

(S) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (Returned to your hand?)
(T) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand)

Removed:

B

BigBlue

(I'd never even heard of Oona... she'd have been perfect for me... the price I pay for not keeping up I guess)

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack w/ Thief & Diver (The Rootwater Twins...) I'll activate the Thief again and remove the Serra Sphinx if it's still there)
Done

Melkor: 17 15?
Library: 25 24?
In Play

(U) (U) (U) Island x3

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror, Control Magic, Serra Sphinx?
Hand: 5
In Play

(T) Island
(U) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (Returned to your hand?)

Removed:

Melkor

Serra Sphinx is now removed, and I didn't even know about her either until I combed over some set lists for the later picks in the draft.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Powder Keg

Done

Melkor: 15
Library: 23
In Play

(T) (T) (U) Island x3

(U) Powder Keg (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each artifact and creature with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~.)

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror, Control Magic, Serra Sphinx
In Play

(T) Island
(U) Swamp

Removed:

B

BigBlue

Nice... I added CC after permanents - as if you need them...
I think this is about as good a draw as I could hope for except for the mana screw... :)

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Play Hypnotic Spectre
Swing for 2 w/ Rootwater Brothers
Done.

Melkor: 15 13?
Library: 23
In Play

(T) (T) (U) Island x3

(U) Powder Keg (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each artifact and creature with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~.)

Removed:Stroke of Genius, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Dimir Cutpurse, Chrome Mox, Meloku, the Clouded Mirror, Control Magic, Serra Sphinx
Library: 33
In Play

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, target player removes the top 5 cards of their library from the game. {useless counter ability}) (3)

(T) Mox Jet (T: B) (0)
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (1U)
(T) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand) (U)
(S) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player, they discard a card at random) (1BB)

Removed:

Melkor

I don't think I've ever wanted to violate the honor system more than I do in this game. The odds that I would continue to draw, what I have drawn are astronomical. You have stripped this deck of everything but land and card drawing, yet I somehow can't draw either.

Untap, Upkeep (Put a counter on the Keg), Draw

Done. discard Dark Confidant

Melkor: 13
Library: 22
In Play

(U) (U) (U) Island x3

(U) Powder Keg (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each artifact and creature with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~.) (1 counter)

Graveyard: Capsize, Dark Confidant
Library: 33
In Play

(U) Jester's Scepter (When ~ cip, target player removes the top 5 cards of their library from the game. {useless counter ability}) (3)

(T) Mox Jet (T: B) (0)
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(T) Rootwater Thief (1/2; U: Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player - I may pay 2 to search their library and remove a card from the game.) (1U)
(T) Rootwater Diver (1/1; T, Sac ~: Return target artifact from my GY to my hand) (U)
(S) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; When ~ deals combat damage to a player, they discard a card at random) (1BB)

Removed: