school's back...:(

Killer Joe

Well, from the other side of the view (teachers-that's me), I look at the beginning of every year as a fresh start. I know ALL of my students already because of band camp, and I like every one of them. Being a Band Director, I'm not treated quite the same by students as they treat the other teachers. I have students comming down to my office throught the day and they mostly complain about other teachers, I always try to put a positive spin on their problems letting them know that the teachers are just doing their job and don't hate them if they get a bad grade or whatever. I love my job, and since I have these students for four years, I really get the time to develop a friendly rapport with them. As for the summers off, well, we really are 'laid-off' 3 months of the year because we don't get paid if we're not teaching (I'll bet no one has really thought of it as that way, huh?).

L

Lythand

Its interesting to see what types of people play magic. For example teachers like Yellowjacket. My friend Domanic is an Algebra teacher and he is also a level 1 judge. It surprised me. I work for a resturant and see many truck drivers. One of them says he plays magic at the truck stops with his buddies in between runs. Kind of interesting. So I am gonna start a new thread in off topic..I think thats where it should go..About the more unlikly people to play magic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
3-1? That's okay, but I think I would like more 11-9 or 12-10. I don't need to sleep in THAT late :)

Even better, telecommuting... :)

L

Lythand

I had no choice in the matter. They told me thats what its going to be. And I had to accept it

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I realize that (I think). I was just stating MY ideal working hours (although 10 is too much, even if you get 5th day off). For an eight hour day 11-7 or 12-8.

N

nanokill

school started for me last week on the 14(sighs)

hememti the reason the orgg doesn't have access after school is because he runs a local at-school magic club (which i know about because i was in it). Great group
they are, orgg's a great player

E

Elrond

I HATE my fifth period class, it's economics btw, but that's not why I hate it. It's all because the teacher is a jerk and a coach, I just don't get along well with coaches. I just don't like it.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I had orientation today.

*sighes*

I did meet some cute girls though so it'll be fun:)