school's back...:(

T

theorgg

School is about to start up again for me. <sigh>.

I'm once again going to be put into the condition of having to sneak onto the boards or only post on the weekend...
:(

Wish me luck tomarrow...

sining off for this week,

T

The Magic Jackal

I feel your pain, Less than 4 weeks remaining of summer vacation.....

H

Hetemti

What? Don't you have access after school?
Jackal...lucky stiff. We get olny 9 weeks off here in turdville.

Z

Zadok001

You guys are _complaining_??? For God's sake, I can't wait for school to start up again! I don't get to see my girlfriend _nearly_ enough over the summer! :( School, though, that's another matter!

I _like_ school... As for the internet, well, I help run the 'puter lab...

D

DÛke

We have 1 week left here.
I don't care, because I'm gonna be a senior and I will graduate to kiss the place GOOD BYE :)
I don't care about school! It's like a JOB that you have to do!

H

Hetemti

I'm glad this is my last year too...this place SUX.

The principal is cool though. I've seen him personally twice. Once to give me some info about programs they have for people who did good on the SAT (1540) and the time before where I gave him the mouse I cought in the lunchroom. Cute little bugger, bit my finger though.

Yes. I caught the mouse and took it to the principal. Got interesing reactions from all the faculty I met on the way. :)

A

Apollo

Yeah, I have about a week and a half left. I'm used to posting here almost every day; now I'll be sneaking on at night or the weekends if I get on at all. And for the third year in a row my schedule was messed up, so I'll have to fix it...

Aargh. Why did you have to bring this up, Orgg?

A

arhar

College again!
Who needs sleep?
Must.. not... sleep...

hehe I'm gonna have fuuuun

C

Cateran Overlord

'Bout 4 weeks left for me... Damn, essays gotta be sent by Wednesday, takes time out of D2 :mad:

T

theorgg

so everyone would know where I am--I'm suppose to refrain from the 'net on weekdays[me] snickers[/me]

E

Elrond

I have to go back tomorrow.
That's not that big a deal because I've already been back for two weeks for summer band, but it was a lot of fun.
I actually like school because I don't get to see my friends outside of school or school related events very often, plus I'm a senior and get to go home at one.

H

Hetemti

They screwed my schedule since day one, so I can't. I need all my classes. :mad:

I guess they just couldn't handle someone who didn't need to take grades 1-8.

It's a pity, I maxed the High School IQ tests at 8 yet my educational future is being handled by people who can't figure out how to enter a seven digit code into a computer.

F

Fire Slinger

I have a week left before I start college again. Woo-Hoo!
I love college.
My parents stuck me in the dorm this semester. I guess they really wanted to get rid of me. :p

So does anybody have any fond memories or horror stories about college?

Z

Zadok001

Hetemi, I know how you feel. :( Not personally, I've taken all the grades for the sole purpose of getting to analyze the people I see. That's fun...

But I have a lot of friend who could easily ace college finals. And they're stuck reading Last of the Mohicans (*sic*) with the rest of us. Bleh. The upside is, they're cool to have around. People like that teach the rest of us. Without people like that, school would be quite a bit less interesting.

And I'm telling you guys, if you're not in high school yet, or are in your Freshmen year, check around for the magnet schools in your area (larger school districts have seperate, smaller schools for Science/Tech and for Writing/Language Arts). They're worth finding, trust me. :) I mean, the one I ended up in after one hellish year at at a mainstream school has all of 134 students, every single one of which is a self-confessed nerd.

And with 1/4 to 1/3 of the school population knowing how to play Magic... Heaven, I'm telling you. :) (Although the male/female ratio leaves something to be desired, but hey, it's a nerd school for Science and computer nuts. What did I expect? :) J/K)

C

Cateran Overlord

Not trying to offend Hetemi or anyone else who thinks that school is there for the IQ tests, it's really not the reason school is worth going to. I've had massive scores on IQ tests since I was 5, but I honestly don't care. i wouldn't skip a year of school even if it were offered to me.

I for one hate IQ tests and other such things because they don't show your skill at what's truly important to you, only what is assumed you need to know. I absolutely abhor anyone who thinks they're better than everyone around them because of their "high IQs". IQ isn't how smart you are, it's how smart you can potentially be. Just keep that in mind everyone, and remember that school is there to help your personal skills and your ability to lead (or follow), not necessarily your IQ.

L

Lythand

Here is one time I am glad I AM older then a lot of the people here..I CAN sleep in..And no more school

WOOHOO!! :p

K

K1

*ang, some of you college people start early. I start in two weeks and I'm the first person going back that I know except for the UC Berkeley people.

Anways, I like school. In fact, it would be perfect if it weren't for those 'lectures' and 'exams'. Friggin nuisances, those.

L

Lythand

Actually I do.
I work from 3-1 on the morning..so its 4 10 hour days..and friday saturday and sunday off