Saviors of Kamigawa Preview

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiritual Visit looks cool.

What's with the "sweep" thing?

Edit: Okay, so the answer was Gottlieb's article. Sweep is a useless word that they threw onto some spells. The spell already says that it returns basic lands of a specified type to your hand. We don't need "sweep" to tell us that... :mad:

J

jorael

yeah just like Gotcha in Unhinged, it's a keyword that links cards that work the same.

J

jorael

Also: check out the faq: it shows a lot of cards!

I'm getting to really like this set :)

Killer Joe

Without the abilities, a 5/5 green fattie for 5 mana is good alone. now, add the ability/s and it's a FUNtastic card!

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I'm glad that Sky Asunder card was shown. For the most part it looked like Red and Blue were getting all the decent cards. Red gets lots of raw damage and land destruction, while Blue gets card drawing and library destruction. I think that White and Black are getting what they always get. Cheap critters and abilities that suit their colour's "flavours". Powerful, but balanced.

But, as usual, they hold off on showing Green's abilities because they're probably just watered down crap that Green gets every set. Big creatures that are still targets of every other colour. Blech. Then again, the past few sets have been actually making me feel like they're trying to help out green since it more or less spent a year underground durring the Rise of Affinity.

I'm hoping that when I get my stable connection, I can scoop a few dozen cards from the Kamigawa block. It looks like the most entertaining block I've seen since Tempest. Lots of cool cretures, but no real way for one colour to dominate if someone builds a decent enough deck to counter it...

-Ferret

"...all we need now is a cheap Green flyer. Hell, ANY flyer would be nice..."

F

Force of Will Smith

Saviors looks SO broken :D.. its gonna be fun..

so is channel like cycling... as it's uncounterable?? it looks to be that way..

I'm glad that black stompy will finally get a little boost, you have the hand of cruelty, plus the nezumi graverobber...

blue looks ridiculous as well... with the poostick creature with ANY instant(s)/sorceries in your library card..

that UU draw 3 cards spell is broken btw..
i'd only try to get one.. as it'll probably be restricted..

green is going to need a lot to keep up with these ultra cheesy new cards..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The burning question seems to be, “Why 'keyword' these abilities at all?” The answer is for ease of communication.
I missed the part where there was any difficulty (at least for those of us without lobotomies). :rolleyes:

Y

YoungBeard

Green got some power... Elder Pine of Jukai == Mulch-o-matic! This guy was crazy at the pre-release. He thins the land outta your deck, fills your hand (boosting all those Saviors "wisdom" cards), and soulshift 2 is just icing on the cake. Me and the guy who were fighting for 3rd place in our flight were both G/B with this guy, and we both agreed it was, like, the key card in our decks. (Unfortunately he got his first in both games, plus he had more spirits/arcane to power it, so he took 3rd and I got 7th place.)