Saproling-Opposition

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Mikeymike
Why play Inspiration over Fact or Fiction? FoF is superior in every respect.

BoP or Utopia Tree? Turn 1 BoP gives you access to turn 2 excludes *cough* Yavimaya Barbarian *cough*.

Also, I'd drop a Titan in favor of another Snake as you'll almost always want a Snake over a Titan. A 2/2 counter is better than a vanilla 2/2 with an Opposition out, even if it costs more. Also, with the Opp out, a 5/5 trampler is almost overkill.

Last thing I would say is try to find room for Repulse (remove exclude or opt maybe). Its a great utility cantrip that can bounce back 9 CIP creatures (including the Titan) in your deck back to your hand along with slowing down Senor Opponent.

Put 2 Nemata in your sideboard, as she can easily win the game on her own (is that a she or a he?).
With enough card-drawing, I don't NEED a searcher that puts cards into my graveyard.
BoP over Utopia Tree, obviously...if I had one more. As is, I'll have to go 3-and-1.
Snake is 4 mana. Amusingly enough, Titan is at his best as a 2/2 sometimes; a fast creature rush can sometimes overrun the W/U/B decks I'm seeing out there.
I don't need Repulse...I have Aether Mutation, which gives me creatures while fulfilling the same function.
Nemata? Tempting, but...I'll rarely have the chance to USE her. (Yes, her.)

M

Mikeymike

The only reason I can see that you would not want the card/knowledge advantage of FoF is if Millstone decks are extremely popular in your area. And even if they are, FoF is still superior. 4 mana for 2 cards isn't worth it unless you get the 1 card you really need, and FoF can give you that 1 card much easier.

I can understand the Titan vs. Snake, b/c the CC are getting high. But you should still try to get the 4th snake in there, its too powerful not to.

You say you like the Mutation/Snake trick. Okay now Repulse lets you do that as an instant. Its an extremely good fit for the deck, try it and I guarantee you'll like it or your money back.

How can't you use Nemata? Both of her abilities would kick booty in here. You can create a token(s) as an instant, and your deck loves to play instants. Token creation every turn is an immediate problem for your opponent for 2 reasons. 1) More Opposition fuel, 2) The saproling 'sac' ability along with your Mutation tokens gives you an instant army to overwhelm your tapped out opponent. Its a very solid alternate victory condition.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Mikeymike
The only reason I can see that you would not want the card/knowledge advantage of FoF is if Millstone decks are extremely popular in your area. And even if they are, FoF is still superior. 4 mana for 2 cards isn't worth it unless you get the 1 card you really need, and FoF can give you that 1 card much easier.

I can understand the Titan vs. Snake, b/c the CC are getting high. But you should still try to get the 4th snake in there, its too powerful not to.

You say you like the Mutation/Snake trick. Okay now Repulse lets you do that as an instant. Its an extremely good fit for the deck, try it and I guarantee you'll like it or your money back.

How can't you use Nemata? Both of her abilities would kick booty in here. You can create a token(s) as an instant, and your deck loves to play instants. Token creation every turn is an immediate problem for your opponent for 2 reasons. 1) More Opposition fuel, 2) The saproling 'sac' ability along with your Mutation tokens gives you an instant army to overwhelm your tapped out opponent. Its a very solid alternate victory condition.
FoF also throws several cards into my graveyard. If I don't have Opposition in play...which is why I would play FoF...I would basically get Opposition at the cost of milling myself for 4. Whereas the ability to draw 16 cards with my card-drawers...well, if I can't get Opposition with that, I'm not getting Opposition.

Mystic Snake is some good. But it's four mana...and that's four mana I sometimes can't spare, especially if I get into a counter war. (I HAVE done this and lost.)

Why no Nemata? Simple. SIX mana to cast. Still, I'll try to track down a couple and give them a shot, as I DO see your point.

C

Captain Caveman

I'm a little confused now............

Whats the current decklist look like?

Have you tryed Accumulated Knowledge and/or Waterfront
bouncer?

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Captain Caveman
I'm a little confused now............

Whats the current decklist look like?

Have you tryed Accumulated Knowledge and/or Waterfront
bouncer?
No Masques block cards are to be used in this deck.