RPG, Chapter Two: The Road East

D

Daggertooth

I weave my way in and out trying to get free of the fleeing villagers. As soon As I clear them I go to a fierce gallop.

Leaning forward in the sattle I pull back the string and eye my first opponent. A bandit whose fate led into the range of one of my arrows. "I've never killed anyone before." I mumble, hesitating to let go. "I expected monsters and animals, not humans." After a few more seconds of indecision I realize that my companions need me to act quickly. I let it fly.

Before the fletchings passed the bow, my hand was on the next arrow in my quiver. And before the arrow was halfway to the target, I have another arrow notched, pulled back and ready to fly. Thus I attempt to pick off the closest bandets with my deadly barrage of arrows.

C

Cateran Emperor

Taranec leaps to the side as a tidal wave of villagers rushes past. When the tide abates, he looks into the town and notices a distinctly humanish looking figure in the town square.

Taranec checks to see that his greatsword is secure in its sheath, then charges toward the center of town to confront the figure, knowing that the others are only just behind him.

N

Naren

Naren shouts out above the noise of combat "Hold your positions! If we charge with a united front we can force them back against the River Fen, giving them no room to retreat!"

Naren charges forwards to place himself between Archway and Taranec, and hefts his double bladed staff like a lance, ready to attack.

R

Rando

To Naren -

Caught up in the moment, no one hears your tactical words. They all, including Archway, continue to rush headlong into the frey.

To all players -

You all charge into the town. You try you best to keep from running down what few villagers are left, and see that there abour 12 of these bandits all togeher. There are a few of the town guard on foot, but you see them horribly cut down and trapled beneath the bandit's horses.

Archway lets go of his reins and draws out both of his flintlocks. Guiding his steed with only his knees, he lets loose with his guns, ripping one bandit off his horse as they pass by each other. His charges spent, Archway discards the pistols and draws a highly ornamental long-sword that apears to be in the ancient dwarven style. He comes around in a circle to join with all of you, since you were a few paces behind him.

You are all now squarly in the center of town, and the 11 bandits that remain line up across from you in a stand-off. In the center of the band is a large bear of a man, wildly spinning a huge axe over his head and shouting commands to his compatiots in a language none of you can comprehend.

Sudenly, they all charge forward in a wave towards your group...

E

EricBess

Jaspar quickly scans the area. He then has Stephen break off from the group. With Stephen controlling the reigns, he slowly stand up on the back of the saddle. When Stephen gets close enough to the nearby building, Jaspar leaps and climbs up onto one of the lower buildings in the area. He then jumps to another building where he has a good view of the battle scene. Pulling out one of his knives, he waits for the right opportunity and Stephen rejoins the group in battle.

R

Rando

To all players -

Nychus' arrows easily find thier mark and cut down 2 more of the bandits. The hulking leader of the crew eyes your whole group, then singles out Taranec and charges him.

Thedlyn rides forward, swinging his hatchet as he and Dorgath fight side by side. Archway pulls back for a moment to reload his pistols, then rejoins the fight.

To Jaspar -
The building with the best view of the battle is the Whistling Lady Inn, on whoose rooftop you now stand. You see Srephen bury his axe in the chest of a bandit, but then get koshed on the back of the head with another brigand's club. He falls from the horse in a heap.

There remain 8 Bandits as the battle rages on...

E

EricBess

Jaspar keeps an eye on as much as the battle as he can. If someone appears to be in trouble, the bandit giving that trouble will have to figure out how to give it with a knife growing from his back. That is, if Jaspar has anything to say about it. However, he tries to be a bit discriminate about who he throws at. There are only 4 knifes and one of them has that leader's name on it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I survey the area and notice a small bucket fill with water next to a trough. I creep close to it and, when I reach it, I splash the water on a random bandit and hit him on the head with the bucket. I lunge at the bandit with a small knife and dispatch him. Afterwards, I grab the bucket and climb on top of another bandit, who is trying to sneak behind Dorgath. I bang him on the head with it and cover his head with it. I then jump off and lunge at him with the small knife.

D

Daggertooth

Nychus circles the bandits making sure he keeps a fair distance away from them. Unskilled in using his short swords he was better off confusing the enemy with a volley of arrows.

I slow down and look to see the location of my companions. I find that I am alone on the other side of the bandits. But those bandits I see are far enough away as to be no threat to me.

"dang, six arrows left. These guys must be wearing some sort of armor to destroy 10 of my arrows." I search for my next target, Pull back, then fire.

S

sageridder

I parry with whatever bandit,or bandits come closest to me as they mount their charge.If the opportunity to take a backslash or stab at the leader presents itself I take it.

B

Bob

*...and is ready to decapitate Anakis. Anakis dodges the attack, but his arm is slashed slightly. Anakis lightly curses, draws his short sword and stabs the bandit. the bandit moans, and Anakis elbows him in the stomach, knocking the wind out of the bandit. Anakis finishes him off with his sword, heals his wound, and rests.*

R

Rando

A reminder of what few rules we have for this.

Also, please remember that these rules are only to maintain consitency and enable every one to better enjoy this.

1 - Do not add to the story, make up the actions of anyone but your character, or decide that this or that happens.

2 - Please disable your sig.

3 - No non-game posting.

4 - If you have a question for me or another player, please *bracket it in asterixes* to distinguish it from what your character is saying or doing.

If you want to get an idea of how one of these can go smoothly, please follow the link to the old mtgnews RPG on the thread I started asking for players.

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass over a silly little game, but am just trying to maintain every one's enjoyment, just like a GM in a real RPG.

If anyone else has any ideas for more rules, please say so.

We will not be continuing this until Monday, because I have no internet connection at home and more people are able to participate during the work-week.

Have a good weekend, and we will finish this fight on monday. Thank you.

jp

C

Cateran Emperor

Taranec roars and charges furiously towards the bandit leader. He draws his massive blade and sweeps into an arc that is barely parried by the bandit in time. Taranec and the bandit leader begin furiously exchanging blows, parrying and slashing away at each other.

Taranec falls over one of the badits that had fallen behind him, and plummeted to the ground. As the bandit raises his axe, Taranec leaps backwards off the ground just in time. He makes a mighty slash that splinters the haft of the bandit's axe, and continues throwing his weight behind the blade until it cuts straight into the skull of the bandit.

Making gurgling sounds, the bandit falls to the ground. Taranec withdraws his blade and steps back to observe the scene around him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... is just chopping and punching with his hands, protecting Thedlyn's back and whoever else is near.

* Is CE's post the kind of the thing you are warning against making? Because it seems he's assuming he's killing bandits and stuff... just wondering *

R

Rando

**Yes, it is. Also, someone said that he finds a bucket and does all kinds of silly crap with it and other such things.

Don't say you kill a bandit, say you attack one and I'll tell you if you kill it.

Don't say you find a bucket and put it over someone's head. Say you look for a bucket to put over someone's head, and I'll tell you if you find one.**

S

sageridder

I parry with whatever bandit,or bandits come closest to me as they mount their charge.If the opportunity to take a backslash or stab at the leader presents itself I take it.

C

Cateran Emperor

** Got it, I won't do it again**

Taranec runs over to see how the others are faring. A bandit swings at him, and Taranec brings his greatsword up to parry it...

C

Cateran Emperor

Where is everybody? I've been in the middle of my downstroke for almost three days now! (and boy are my arms tired BA DUM BUM!)

R

Rando

**Howdy folks! I got busted for spending too much time online here at work, so I've been forced to lay low. It's all pretty much blown over now, so the game will continue if people are still interested. What's it been, 2 weeks?**

To all players -

The battle rages on all around you. Stephen gets up and shakes off his wound, then leaps onto the back of another bandit's horse and throws him off, trampling him.

The bandit leader charges Taranec with a huge axe, but Taranec easily deflects his blow. The bandit king sweeps around for another pass...

There are 5 bandits still left, and thier leader.