RPG, Chapter Two: The Road East

D

Daggertooth

I move my horse closer to Naren in order to have a friendly chat with our newest member.

:) "The storm and the night ended together no more than 3 hours ago. And we're 2 hours from the nearest town on horseback. So, what were you doing traveling by yourself at night in the rain? And with no particular destination."

E

EricBess

Jaspar grins at Archway in mock surprise, "Sir, you insult me with the question. The day I cannot come up with a good travelling song in indeed a grave day. In light of our new companion, I have the perfect song."

Jaspar's grin becomes mischevious as he starts up a song about a married man whose jealous wife put a curse on him. Each verse counts as a hair falls out of his head for each woman that he desires. The chorus sings of how he went bald within the year.

R

Rando

To Dorgath -

Although he definetly has Dwarven fetures, his hieght and his eyes speak of a different heritage. Perhaps he is a cross of Dwarf and human?

S

sageridder

"Archway,Will we make town by nightfall or should we travel on some hours then prepair camp for the night?"

***What time of day is it?To my count there should be 10 of us on 9 horses,The original 7,archway,the new dwarf,and Naren.Should we have some sort of marching order,If so I would suggest archway in the lead then two abreast four deep.I'll be in the back of the party.***

R

Rando

To Zilor -
It was around mid morning when you met up with Neren. As for marching order, the road is wide enough to comfortably ride two abreast.

Archway speaks...

"I think we should reach Reedton by this eve. When it gets late though, we should be on the look out for a place to camp, just in case."

You all ride on for a few more hours, enjoying eachother's company and the nice weather.

As dusk approaches, you crest a hill. Coming over the hill you see in the North-east the Brekfol mountains on the horizan. Down in the valley bellow the hill you are on is the small town of Reedton.

Scarcely a dozen buildings and one large guard tower, Reedton is set on the banks of the river Fen, same as Habbendale. In fact, it is not too uncommon for you all to see travelers from here stopping in Habbendale with thier barges for the night on the way to the larger cities in the West.

You next realize that there are several dozen people, maybe a hundred, on both foot and horse back coming up the road towards you, headding west.

Farther back behind them, in the town it's self, you can make out 6 or 8 people on horse back riding through the town with torches and chaseing the vlillagers out.

Archway breaks formation and charges down the hill towards the people on the road.

D

Daggertooth

Without a word Nychus follows Archway closly. Nocking an Arrow in his bow and preparing for battle.

E

EricBess

*** Having spent some time in Reedtown, do I recognize any of these people? I figure I spent about a month here after Lynn was killed.

S

sageridder

"Well friends our lot has been cast,They will surely be slain without us."
***I give casnar a couple elbows into the ribs.***
"Wake little mage,our honor is at stake."
***I charge after the first two katana drawn,But watching to see if these riders are attacking,or just shooing the peasants out.***

R

Rando

To all players -

The village is still pretty far away, and even so the villagers fleeing choke the road, so you'll have to make your way through them first before you can continue towards the town.

To Dorgath -
Thedlyn spurs his horse forward and follows Archway.

To Jaspar -
You recognize several of the faces in the crowd coming towards you all, and in particular you recognize Stephen Grelston, a local woodsman and lore-spinner that you got quite chummy with during your stay.

(The following assumes you have gone forward to meet the villagers. If you decided to hang back and see what is happening, just say so)

To all players -

Archway stops next to the crowd heading west and says. "What goes on here?"

A man steps out of the crowd and speaks, "Sir, I am Stephen Grelston of Reedton. We were orginizing a pilgrimage West to escape the rampages of that damned dragon, for we feared our village would likely be his next target. A group of bandits that call themselves "Rolph's Ravagers" has taken advantage of the chaos and rode into town just as most of us were leaving. They now pillage the town uncountered, save for a few constables that stayed behind to see out the evacuation. I doubt they will last long against these brigands, and I must see the women and children to safty."

E

EricBess

"Stephen, you scoundrel! One minor inconvenience of a wurm moves in and you think you can encroach on my territory like I did on yours?" Jaspar grins broadly as he greets his old friend.

"Still, I wouldn't have expected you of all people to allow a group of brigands to run rampant. Aren't you pretty handy with that axe of yours?"

B

Bob

*Anakis listens to the man as he hands out porkchops and mutton. He looks at Archway*

"Well, since we are on an Adventure, it probably wouldn't hurt to take out some bandits."

*He waits for Archway's response*

S

sageridder

***I drop casnar off.***
"Well I've never turned down a chance to prove my honor."
***With that I start off toward the bandits.***

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The group hears a rustling in the woods. Out comes Casnar. Apparently, he was stuck working at Blockbuster(real reason why I haven't been on a lot) and just caught up with the group.

"Gosh, I pass out from the free drinks that I recieve, and I can't get up for a while" says the reluctant, midget wizard.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

*******Ransac,Are you on the horse with me or on foot here?*******

R

Rando

To Jaspar -

Stephen says, "Well I'll be... I didn't think I'd be seeing you in these parts again until I was grey. I may be handy with this axe, but someone had to see these good folk to safty. Now that we are a good pace out of harms way, I think I'll be heading back in, if you'd be kind enough to give me a lift, and if your fit to fight?" He grins and lifts up his hand so you can help him up on your horse.

To Anakis -

Archway turns to you and says, "Aye, someone must dispatch these scoundrels, and it seems the local constabulary is out matched. Come on boys! Towards the danger!"

And with that, he rides at full gallup towards Reedton, with Thedlyn close behind.

E

EricBess

I grab Stephen's hand and pull him up in front of me. I then hand him the reigns, "I have a feeling we'll be more effective this way," and we head off, following the others.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Horse. Are you crazy? I'm a friggin 3 foot friggin 2 inch midget. How do you expect me to walk? If I walked, I'd be dead. Of course I take the horse!

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

***I am charging at the bandits as fast as i can without trampling the villagers.***

(((Ransac,I asked because I was tring not to play your charters actions.Also please disable your sig,and post your charters name in the subject like everyone else.it just makes it easier for everyone.)))

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I didn't mean to disrespect you. I just wanted to state the fact. Hope hard feelings.

But, you have to admit, a 3'2 midget isn't the best to be RUNNING into battle.

Ransac, cpa trash man