RG beats

A

Academy Man

I disagree on the comment that you need 4 vises to make it good. While obviously 4 is a lot better, even with 1 when you do draw it, its just as effective, you just don't draw it very often. Chimeric Idol is a good threat and its hard to get rid of. Also, if your mana base can support it, Flametongue Kavu is excellent.

B

BigBlue

I would replace Blastoderm with FTK (or a mixture of 2-2 or 3-3).

It is an excellent card and is only 1 color mana dependent.

Avalanche Riders are also fun... Suq'Ata Lancers are a staple in my playgroup as well... Quicksand helps against pro red stuff.

I also like Goblin Balloon Brigade with Rancor... it is some good early beats and if they don't have a walker you don't need to spend the Red...

D

DeathMaster666

Scryb Sprites work pretty well with Rancor and they don't have the R cost to make them flyers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that Black Vise is good (heck, it was on the Restricted List for a while) and has some synergy with Wheel of Fortune. Just keep the Wheel; there's a reason it's still on the Restricted List :)

T

train

Keeping the wheel, and having ways to reuse it are in the bests interests of anyone not playing against a megrim!...

Maybe Green's Recall nostalgic Dreams can help you get a lot of useful things back?...

B

BigBlue

I run both the Sprites and the Baloon Brigade in my RG cheapo deck... it almost guarantees you a first round flier - and sometimes you don't even need him to fly...

With a cheap deck, one R isn't going to kill you...

The Kird Ape is almost as good, except it's always a target and never flies in R/G.

Put it this way, would you rather have a Scryb Sprite or no flyer first round? With 4 1 drop fliers you aren't always going to get that first round flier, but 8 ups the odds... The biggest problem these cheap decks have is sustainability. If the game gets to a point where your opponent gets going you find yourself running out of bullets quickly.

But, it's your deck... Do what you gotta do.

T

train

Maybe a genesis could help in that deck BigBlue... that way you get your bullets back!...

Or BARISHI !!!... (I think he shuffles all the creature cards into your library...)

D

DeathMaster666

I was actually thinking of throwing in a couple of Genesii myself. They are a recurring 4/4 and can recur other things too.