Return to Ravnica Intro Packs: Spidey (Selesnya Surge) vs Mooseman (Azorius Advance)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
1st - no life gain for the Selesnya Keyrune
2nd - populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of a creature token you control.)
It's on.y one token,not a token for each.
Did I miss how you now have 4 tokens?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1 - Doh! I guess that would be pretty abusive though... :)

2 - Double doh! Well, I just have three tokens then as I'll choose to copy the Elemental token: first creature token is the Elemental token from the Grove, second is the Centaur token from Coursor's Accord, third is the copy of the Elemental token from populate from Coursor's Accord.

So I just gain 4 life, not 6. But do I gain 2 life from when the Grove "became" a Elemental token?

And I still attack with the first Elemental token.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You do not get any life for the Grove becoming a creature, since it's already on the battlefield
you do get 2 life for each token that ETB..... one at the end of my turn and two during your turn... correct?
Block with the Krovod

R

rokapoke

I think he does gain life from the Grove, because he sacrifices it and puts a token into play -- it doesn't transform.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think he included it in his second statement about a token entering the battlefield at the end of his turn (the Elemental), so not sure what he meant by his first statement.

So overall I have gained 6 life so far.

You seem to be tapped out so I assume the Krovad dies.

Done
Spidey: 26
Hand: 1
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Selesnya Keyrune (T: Add G or W to my mana pool.; GW: ~ becomes a 3/3 green and white Wolf artifact creature ueot)

(U) Centaur Courser (3/3)~Cops~
(U) Healer of the Pride (2/3; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, I gain 2 life)
(U) Brushstrider (3/1; Vigilance)
(U) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance)
(S) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance)
(S) Centaur creature token (3/3)

Graveyard: Grove of the Guardian
Exile:

===================================================================
Mooseman: 15
Hand: 3
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TTT) Island

Arrest (Enchanted creature can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be activated.)
Righteous Authority (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card in its controller's hand. At the beginning of the draw step of enchanted creature's controller, that player draws an additional card. )

(U) New Prahv Guildmage (Human Wizard, 5/5, {W}{U}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.) ~Holy rule~

Graveyard: Bazaar Krovod
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I meant the Keyrune
UUD
Island
Azorius Arrester (Detain one of the 8/8s)
Done
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Selesnya Keyrune (T: Add G or W to my mana pool.; GW: ~ becomes a 3/3 green and white Wolf artifact creature ueot)

(U) Healer of the Pride (2/3; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, I gain 2 life)
(S) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance)
(S) Centaur creature token (3/3)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TUUU) Island

Arrest (Enchanted creature can't attack or block, and its activated abilities can't be activated.)
Righteous Authority (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each card in its controller's hand. At the beginning of the draw step of enchanted creature's controller, that player draws an additional card. )

(U) New Prahv Guildmage (Human Wizard, 5/5, {W}{U}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.) ~Holy rule~
(S) Azorius Arrester (Human Soldier, 2/1, When Azorius Arrester enters the battlefield, detain target creature an opponent controls. (Until your next turn, that creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be activated.))

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Did you draw the extra card during your draw step from the Righteous Authority and your hand count is correct but your library count is off, or is your hand count off and your library correct (but you need to draw the extra card?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty

Untap, upkeep, draw

Attack with the free Elemental
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 2
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(U,A) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance)
(U) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance) *Detained for a turn*
(U) Centaur creature token (3/3)

Exile:

Library: 46
Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TUUU) Island

(S) Azorius Arrester (Human Soldier, 2/1, When Azorius Arrester enters the battlefield, detain target creature an opponent controls. (Until your next turn, that creature can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be activated.))

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arrester dies screaming.

Centaur's Herald

Done
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Elemental creature token (8/8; Vigilance) *Detained for a turn*
(S) Centaur's Herald (0/1; 2G, Sac ~: Put a 3/3 green Centaur creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TUUU) Island

Graveyard: Bazaar Krovod, Azorius Arrester
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUDD
Bazaar Krovod
done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(S) Centaur's Herald (0/1; 2G, Sac ~: Put a 3/3 green Centaur creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:

Hand: 4
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TTTU) Island

(U) New Prahv Guildmage (Human Wizard, 6/6, {W}{U}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.) ~Holy rule~
(S) Bazaar Krovod (Beast, 2/5, Whenever Bazaar Krovod attacks, another target attacking creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn. Untap that creature)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with both Elemental tokens
Responses/blocks/take it?
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Centaur's Herald (0/1; 2G, Sac ~: Put a 3/3 green Centaur creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TTTU) Island

(U) New Prahv Guildmage (Human Wizard, 6/6, {W}{U}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.) ~Holy rule~
(S) Bazaar Krovod (Beast, 2/5, Whenever Bazaar Krovod attacks, another target attacking creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn. Untap that creature)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Krovad bites it and you take 8

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

(U) Centaur's Herald (0/1; 2G, Sac ~: Put a 3/3 green Centaur creature token onto the battlefield)

Exile:

Mooseman: 7
Battlefield:

(TU) Plains
(TTTU) Island

Graveyard: Bazaar Krovod, Azorius Arrester, Bazaar Krovod
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUDD
Plains
Archon of the Triumvirate
Detain both 8/8's
Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Forest x4
(U,U) Plains x2

Exile:

Mooseman: 7
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains
(TTTT) Island

(S) Archon of the Triumvirate (5/4, Flying Whenever Archon of the Triumvirate attacks, detain up to two target nonland permanents your opponents control.)

Graveyard: Bazaar Krovod, Azorius Arrester, Bazaar Krovod
Exile: