REPLIES!!!!

B

Baron Sengir

Okay, I e-mailed Doust about setting up the website. Hopefully soon we'll be ready for anything.

BTW, does anyone have any ideas for a logo or something? If we're going to have a website, we should have something like that. I can work on one if you'd like and post it on the e-mail.

I will be out of town all weekend, unfortunately. Things are happening so rapidly that I hate to miss anything but I promised a friend of mine I'd help him move to Fargo. I have a hell of a drive ahead of me. I'll be back on Monday and hopefully things will be running by then.

I remain
The Baron

Just my luck. I get involved in something really cool and have to miss some of it. Damn.

Y

Young Jedi

Getting a reply from New Wave is cool. Have you gotten any replies from The Dojo or Brainburst yet? I think an official CPA website is a great idea. I will offer to be the webmaster.

Ferret

Staff member
Bad Traders: I think this would be better addressed on The Dojo - it would keep everything centralised. I'd hate to hear about a guy that trades w/ someone mentionned on The Dojo, but since he didn't see it here he went ahead and got screwed.

As for the quotes, it's not a bad idea; but I think that each of us should find one that suits us...something like

-Ferret, Casual Players Alliance

"...we are CPA of Borg. We will casually assimilate you...."

B

Baron Sengir

I agree. Everyone come up with a tagline that suits them. We should still sign CPA or Casual Players Alliance before our tags, tho.

Anyone see anything about us on line anywhere yet?

I remain
The Baron

Oh! I'm terribly sorry ... No, no, no, please don't get up. NO!!!!!!

Z

Zadok001

Mind if I stick with something remotely resembling my current tagline?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

N

nekrataal

No, haven't seen much as for the postings online. I think that our website should have a main page, members page, subject page, etc... I'm not sure what all we would want to put up, though.

-nekrataal
"CASUAL PLAYERS ALLIANCE UNITE!"

I

igfett

Well, as long as we are posting our lines here, here's mine

-igfett
CPA Member
"respect my authority!"

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well here's mine:

-mike
CPA Member
"Is this Council of Players thing like the Jedi Council?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, guys.
Here's an idea.

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref Tutor

Z

Zadok001

Huh? And what, exactly, would the idea be? The quote from the card? If so, that's really a good idea... Maybe we could all come up with our favorite quotes from MTG cards, and use them as our signature, right after CPA Member*.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

*Warning: I have no intention of writing this out each time I post a message... I'll put it in letters, but not here on the forums. Too much typing for my poor, carpal-tunnel-syndrome infected hands.

C

Child of Gaea

I thought this one was appropriate.

Child of Gaea
CPA
"The harder you push, the stronger we become."

B

bane

Anyone have a list of flavor texts?

How 'bout this:

.oO(bane)Oo.
Casual Players Aliance
"He casually craves only one commodity..."

Ferret

Staff member
I've always liked the flavour text from Lotus Petal...it says so much about the secondary market...

-ferret

"...I wish I had my cards w/ me so I could type it our right now!"

Ferret

Staff member
Agreeing with me because we're in the same area? Maybe. It could just be a natural reaction people have when they read my posts - just kidding :)

-ferret

"...85% more accurate than I want to be!"

D

Drik2

I wholeheartedly agree with Ferret (hmmm that is two times now, could it be because we live in the same area? :)

Lotus Petal's Flavour Text was a nice subtle way for the R&D guys to express their sentiment regarding MTG and the secondary market:

"Hard to imagine," mused Hanna, stroking the petal, "such a lovely flower inspiring such greed."