REPLIES!!!!

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Baron Sengir, Jul 31, 1999.

1. Baron Sengir CPA Founder, Vampire Legend

Okay, I e-mailed Doust about setting up the website. Hopefully soon we'll be ready for anything.

BTW, does anyone have any ideas for a logo or something? If we're going to have a website, we should have something like that. I can work on one if you'd like and post it on the e-mail.

I will be out of town all weekend, unfortunately. Things are happening so rapidly that I hate to miss anything but I promised a friend of mine I'd help him move to Fargo. I have a hell of a drive ahead of me. I'll be back on Monday and hopefully things will be running by then.

I remain
    The Baron

Just my luck. I get involved in something really cool and have to miss some of it. Damn.
  2. Young Jedi Administrator

Getting a reply from New Wave is cool. Have you gotten any replies from The Dojo or Brainburst yet? I think an official CPA website is a great idea. I will offer to be the webmaster.
  3. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Bad Traders: I think this would be better addressed on The Dojo - it would keep everything centralised. I'd hate to hear about a guy that trades w/ someone mentionned on The Dojo, but since he didn't see it here he went ahead and got screwed.

As for the quotes, it's not a bad idea; but I think that each of us should find one that suits us...something like

-Ferret, Casual Players Alliance

"...we are CPA of Borg. We will casually assimilate you...."
  4. Baron Sengir CPA Founder, Vampire Legend

I agree. Everyone come up with a tagline that suits them. We should still sign CPA or Casual Players Alliance before our tags, tho.

Anyone see anything about us on line anywhere yet?

I remain
    The Baron

Oh! I'm terribly sorry ... No, no, no, please don't get up. NO!!!!!!
  5. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Mind if I stick with something remotely resembling my current tagline?

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
  6. nekrataal Administrator

No, haven't seen much as for the postings online. I think that our website should have a main page, members page, subject page, etc... I'm not sure what all we would want to put up, though.

-nekrataal
    "CASUAL PLAYERS ALLIANCE UNITE!"
  7. igfett CPA Founder

Well, as long as we are posting our lines here, here's mine

-igfett
    CPA Member
    "respect my authority!"
  8. Ed Sullivan CPA Founder, Web Guy

Well here's mine:

-mike
    CPA Member
    "Is this Council of Players thing like the Jedi Council?"
  9. TomB Administrative Assistant

Hey, guys.
    Here's an idea.

TomB
    CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
    -Daudi, Femeref Tutor
  10. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Huh? And what, exactly, would the idea be? The quote from the card? If so, that's really a good idea... Maybe we could all come up with our favorite quotes from MTG cards, and use them as our signature, right after CPA Member*.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
    CPA Member
    "We have more sprouts than they have hands."

*Warning: I have no intention of writing this out each time I post a message... I'll put it in letters, but not here on the forums. Too much typing for my poor, carpal-tunnel-syndrome infected hands.
  11. Child of Gaea Phantom CPA Founder

I thought this one was appropriate.

Child of Gaea
    CPA
    "The harder you push, the stronger we become."
  12. bane New Member

Anyone have a list of flavor texts?

How 'bout this:

.oO(bane)Oo.
    Casual Players Aliance
    "He casually craves only one commodity..."
  13. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

I've always liked the flavour text from Lotus Petal...it says so much about the secondary market...

-ferret

"...I wish I had my cards w/ me so I could type it our right now!"
  14. K1 New Member

K1
    CPA
    "These monkeys mean business."
  15. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Agreeing with me because we're in the same area? Maybe. It could just be a natural reaction people have when they read my posts - just kidding :)

-ferret

"...85% more accurate than I want to be!"
  16. Drik2 New Member

I wholeheartedly agree with Ferret (hmmm that is two times now, could it be because we live in the same area? :)

Lotus Petal's Flavour Text was a nice subtle way for the R&D guys to express their sentiment regarding MTG and the secondary market:

"Hard to imagine," mused Hanna, stroking the petal, "such a lovely flower inspiring such greed."