Reorganizition

N

Nightstalkers

Idea's are great! but action in the past has been fleeting. glad that you guys got together on that links thing... finally

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Nothing wrong with squabbling... we just love the site so much that we want it to improve, but we have different ideas on how to achieve it :)
:D I figure that the more we argue the closer we'll get to a compromise...if we weren't both so darned stubborn...

-Ferret

"...somewhere in the middle of this is a guy that's been waiting a looooong time... :)"

N

Nightstalkers

Just remember to never overlook the obvious when judging in yoru desitions... For all we know, you guys will bomb the site with crap and make us email Ed to fix it (Or have us hack in and do it ourselves :( )

Code:
That reminds me, I'd like to post a picture
on the site, but when I try to throw in up in
the testing forum I can't see it when the page
reloads to the thread.
- Nightstalkers

Give into tempation while you still can, or can't if your like me :(

O

orgg

Ever been to the mise tings forums?

They seem quite active. They have Magic, General, and Article forums, the lattermost of which is taken off of the Article Replies that first began appearing on the CPA.

However, when you look at it, there is a body of common-posters, a few that lurk mostly, and several who are known throughout the forum.

Yes, their vibe is different. Most of them are the insides of sphincters.

They have one of the most bustling forums for a "niche" site on the web.

I realized recently that they have the forum they do because they have only two "real" forums, and that the CPA has more activity than they do.

Granted, I know there were times when the CPA needed all of the topics subdivided as they are now, but I'm not adverse to re-combining some of the forums into one.

Here's my take:

Magic Related
Casual Decks/Variants/Etc
Single Card Strategies
Rules Questions
Storyline
Single Card Strategies/Rules sometimes fall into very similar veins-- many time a Single Strategy will become a rules debate, from what I remember. Thus we'd have Decks/Varients, Rules, and Storyline for Magic Related.

CPA Related
General CPA Stuff
CPA Voting Forum
CPA/Magic Issues
New Members
Classic Questions
Home Made Cards
Issues and Voting could easily become CPA/Magic Issues and Voting. New Members, Classic Questions, and HMC are pretty independant, and General is one of the buisier forums. However, it might be possible to combine General with Voting and Issues, but I wouldn't.

-2 forums.

As for the Other Stuff, each of those is very specialized, and different people like different things. I'd leave them as-is...

But I would like to see Icons that would tell what kind of post it is, such as "Deck" or "Single Strategy," "Rules," et cetera.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
:D I figure that the more we argue the closer we'll get to a compromise...if we weren't both so darned stubborn...
So true, so true...

theorgg: (you ought to email/PM Ed about your theorgg account :) ) Storyline isn't doing that much, why keep it separate?

Like I said, I think Voting meshes more with General than with Issues.

Post icons are interesting, but the (slight) problem with those is that a thread goes off-topic a lot of the time... so then the original icon doesn't really apply anymore...

N

Nightstalkers

howabout placing an RPG forum under that other game stuff?

I'm currently making an RPG with an unfamiliar program. Still trying to place some people from here in it too :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not enough demand. If it's a game you're running, put it under Games Run By. If it's just a description like that Nightstalkers Guild thread that got closed, put in General Games.