Rebel Conspiracy

L

luke twigger

The variant decks are all very entertaining but seem a tad fragile to me - as soon as the Conspiracy-Seahunter combo is disrupted that's your whole strategy ruined and you could be left with a hand full of uncastable cards.

Also, if you Conspiracy-Mercenary, the Seahunter is useless as you then have no Merfolk!

Whereas in a Rebel version, even without a Conspiracy on the table, you can still summon up Lieutenants, Sergeants, Defiant Falcons, Rebel Informers, Lin Sivvi, that kind of thing. So I'm really trying to make a more robust deck.

I agree that, in ideal circumstances using a Seahunter to pull out Avatars for 3 mana is fantastic, but how often will you get away with that in a T2 tournament?

And while I'm here, it was suggested that Haunted Crossroads would be better than Unearth? Well to gravedig a 3cc creature via the Crossroads route requires you to have a Crossroads and a large enough active Rebel searcher in play and costs 5 mana, whereas you just need the Unearth in hand and it costs 1 mana? (and Unearth has cycling if you need it).

G

galtwish

Sorry about the typo, Conspiracy Merfolk, naturally. And almost all of thos cards can be cast with the decks mana. Additionally, it was not clear that this was supposed to be a T2 listing. I still stand by my assesment that the Seahunter-Conspiracy is better. Brainstorm becomes Ancestral Recall, you get counterspells, and the SB hate is much better. Making all your creatures able to be Unearthed is kind of counterproductive, because Lin Sivvi is very mana efficient, allowing you to go get Masticore, Morphling, etc. Additionally, a serious T2 deck can't really be concerned about rarity, you just simply have to use the best cards to win. I'm not saying all of this tom make my deck look good, and yours look bad, I am just showing some of the logic I used ot get to my build. Here's a T2 listing for Seahunter:

4 Conspiracy
4 Seahunter
4 Brainstorm
2 Gush
4 Miscalculation
4 Foil
1 Avatar of Woe
4 Skittering Horror
1 Jolting Merfolk
1 Masticore
1 Morphling
1 Avatar of Will
1 Dark Hatchling
1 Abyssal Horror
3 Vampric Tutor
4 Saprazzen Skerry
10 Island
4 Underground River
6 Swamp

While the Rebel Conspiracy T2 would be:
4 Conspiracy
4 Sergeant
4 Leiutenant
4 Lin Sivvi
1 Dark Hatchling
1 Abyssal Specter
1 Cateran Slaver
1 Thermal Glider
1 Nightwing Glider
1 Gravedigger
1 Western Paladin
1 Eastern Paladin
1 Lightbringer
1 Lawbringer
1 Avalanche Rider
1 Uktabi Orangutan
1 Monk Idealist
1 Monk Realist
4 Vampric Tutor
4 Duress
11 Plains
9 Swamp
1 Thran Quarry
1 City of Brass

I think it is much better to control the board and find the one creature your opponent cannot deal with than to keep recurring stuff to deal with continued creature threats. Besides, Lin Sivvi is about $5 a copy right now on eBay. I sold 3 and a Jhoval Queen for $14 recently, all mint.

Erik

D

Duel

I disagree with your rebel conspiracy decklist. Too limited. You may want to throw in an avatar of woe or two to my original, because alot of echo creatures will die, and take stuff with them.