Rebel Conspiracy

L

luke twigger

This deck idea stemmed from a question asked by Seeker of Truth on the Rules Questions board, so thanks to all the people who contributed to that thread for providing some inspiration.

Anybody got any suggestions for improvements? The good thing about this deck list at present is that it only needs 4 Rares - the Conspiracies - so it should be nice and cheap to assemble.

Rebel Conspiracy v1

4 Conspiracy

This is what drives the whole deck, the idea that you play Conspiracy declaring "Rebel" as the creature type, meaning that the Rebel searchers can pull out *any* creature in the deck.

4 Ramosian Sergeant
4 Ramosian Lieutenant
2 Ramosian Captain

These are the searchers, to pull out whatever creature best fits the situation. Lin Sivvi would probably fit in well here but is too expensive :-(

2 Bone Shredder
2 Monk Realist
2 Ravenous Rats
2 Reliquary Monk

These are the utility creatures, with a Conspiracy and a searcher out, I should be able to pull out whatever the situation requires and make use of the Coming Into Play effect. I really wanted a card that destroyed artifacts as it came into play like Uktabi Orangutan or Keldon Vandals, but they're the wrong colour, so Reliquary Monk was the nearest I could find - I'll just have to suicide block with it.

4 Unearth

These will work on any of my creatures and should allow me to make multiple use of the above utility creatures.

4 Skittering Horror
4 Skittering Skirge

I figured I might as well get some of the best beatdown creatures I could and have the added benefit that Rebel searching or Unearth won't trigger the Skittering effect.

2 Peat Bog
2 Remote Farm
4 Dark Ritual
9 Swamp
9 Plains

Finally, the mana.

S

Seeker of Truth

luke twigger:

Well, you beat me to the Conspiracy deck...I tried to come up with something, but it didn't turn out well at all, so I unfortunately had to put it out of its misery... :(

As for yours, since Conspiracy is such a major part of your strategy, I would consider using either Enlightened Tutor or Vampiric Tutor (probably the Enlightened one, since it's only uncommon) to search for the enchantment, and maybe Dark Rituals as well to put Conspiracy into play faster.

As for the Skittering creatures, that's a great idea, only it won't work because...

:eek:

...it DOES??!

OK, so that's another card I've been playing wrong all this time...

Anyway, it's a great idea you've got, I would also think about including more real rebels just in case Conspiracy doesn't show, like the Gliders, but overall, I like the idea.

L

luke twigger

There are some Dark Rituals in there, tucked away in the Mana section.

I did wonder about adding more "real" Rebels, maybe in the sideboard if my opponent has a bunch of Protection:Black or something like that. But if the Conspiracy doesn't show there's still a total of 10 Rebels I could pull out.

When Prophecy becomes legal, the Rhystic Tutor might be another option. Thanks for the suggestions.

I

Istanbul

Rishadan Pawnshop?

"I'll bring the Shredder into play."
*pop*
"I'll pay 2, and put the Shredder back into my library."
"I'll bring the Shredder into play again...aww. It's okay. C'mon, quit crying."

S

Seeker of Truth

Istanbul:

I think that would be considered "tech" in more competitive Magic circles, but here, we just call that "cool."

:cool:

C

Cateran Overlord

Try out Rebel Informer in there as well, as a backup plan to Pawnshop. Crossroads would work better than unearth I would think, because of the instant speed crossroads then recruit idea. You may consider doing mercenary searchers instead of rebels, with the lower search cost. Finally, you may want to consider credit voucher or some such thing to put the utility creatures back in you library if you draw them(more instant speed fun)

H

herald of valdemar

built well i like it. I have a deck that uses similar tactics

D

Dune Echo

Here's two variations I've come across. Yeah, they have more rares, but check out the decklists.

“Conspiracy.dec”
Colors: White/ Black/Red/Green
Created by: Donald Shepard
Description/Theme: Use Conspiracy to turn all your creatures to Rebels to “recruit” utility creatures as needed
Source: MTG-Strategy-L

White:
3 Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
1 Monk Idealist
2 Monk Realist
2 Mother of Runes
2 Radiant's Dragoons
4 Ramosian Captain

Black:
2 Bone Shredder
4 Conspiracy

Red:
2 Avalanche Riders

Green:
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Dawnstrider
2 Uktabi Orangutan
3 Vine Trellis
3 Yavimaya Elder

Lands:
3 Brushland
3 City of Brass
5 Forest
4 Peat Bog
2 Phyrexian Tower
3 Plains
4 Swamp

Sideboard:
3 Carrion Beetles
3 Duress
2 Groundskeeper
1 Highway Robber
3 Perish
1 Rank and File
2 Volcanic Wind

“Conspiracy Mercenary”
Colors: White/Black/Red
Created by: Bryan Paris
Description/Theme: Convert all your creatures to Mercenaries to be able to dump them all into play
Source: Brain Burst

White:
2 Blinding Angel
2 Monk Realist

Black:
2 Bone Shredder
2 Cateran Enforcer
4 Cateran Kidnappers
2 Cateran Overlord
4 Conspiracy
4 Duress
4 Haunted Crossroads
2 Stupor

Red:
2 Ghitu Slinger
2 Keldon Vandals

Artifacts:
2 Credit Voucher
2 Rishadan Pawnshop

Lands:
2 Dust Bowl
2 Rishadan Port
20 Swamp

D

Duel

well, you beat me to it, but my suggestion was to become more versatile and replace decent cards with good ones. I also think that merc-conspiracy is superior. Unless, of course, you play with rectors. Then screw the mercs five ways from sunday, and go with rebels. The thin is, that mono-color decks have alot more chance of getting the land they need than dual color decks, and rector allows you a mono-color deck with the best of both worlds, the ability to cast conspiracy, and the mono-color deck.

Really expensive, sucky version coming up. Someone, help!
4 conspiracy
4 enlightened tutor
4 Rector
3 Sivvi
3 Rebel informer (Acts as a pawnshop, but no tap, and can be summoned!)
2 bone shredders (GREAT!)
2 Dragoons
2 Avalanche riders
2 Slingers
2 Uktabi
4 seargants
4 lieutenants
2 Falcons
3 Heartstone (with informer, makes a cheaper better pawnshop)

Land:
4 high market
15 plains

SB:
No clue. you might want to SB the sex monkeys and put in something else.... Also, I only put in a couple of each creature, because they'll be coming back.

L

luke twigger

Wahoo, my thread is still going 2 months later, not bad eh? :)

Anyway, I have some Rebel Informers on their way from an auction and will be working on this deck intending to actually use it in a T2 tournament in about a month so I'll post you my updated decklist and also let you know how well it worked in practice.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions...

V

VoLRaTH

hmm... your deck looks very good but 2Crusades may complate your deck

L

luke twigger

Actually, if I was going to go down that route Glorious Anthem would probably be a better choice as it'd boost my black creatures aswell.

C

Cateran Overlord

Actually i'd think mono colored would be a bad idea, if for no other reason than the same problem with playing Rebel Informer in mono-white: what if you draw them? It's probably not a problem, but if you put in one or two Birds of Paradise to summon out then you won't have a problem with hard casting if need be.

D

Duel

You're rightn about that, but that's why I have three. Maybe a path of peace would work... I still prefer mono-white, but you have a very definate point.

D

Dark Horse

Im not entirely sure its legal, but if it is, its awesome.

CREATURES
4 Ascendent Evincar
4 Cateran Overlord

SPELLS
4 Conpiracy
4 Vampiric Tutor
4 Snuff Out
4 Terror
4 Vendetta
4 Seal of Doom
2 Sever Soul

MANA
26 Swamp

Ok, this probably seems very weird. The premise of this deck is to conspire to Mercenary. Im not sure if there is some errata on this, I never bothered to check, but that means you can have 4 Evincar in play at a time, since its no longer a legend. Since the only creature I can think thats big enough to search out the Evincar is Cateran Overlord, you have 4 of those. I throw in 4 Vampiric Tutor To get a missing part of the combo into my clutches. Otherwise, it is a ridiculous amount of creature removal, and a hefty dose of mana to power it all. Keep in mind this never existed, as it would cost a ridulous amount to make, but if ya got the money it seems good.

D

Duel

does that work? Damn! If so, engineered plague is perfect, and massacre. with those, nothing will survive! Wow!

G

galtwish

Why would you make a conspiracy-Rebel deck?
Seahunter
Moggcatcher
Skyshroud Poacher
are all Mercenaries, and can be fetched with Cateran Summons, allowing you to Conspiracy Mercenary to fetch up Avatar of Woe, Ascendent Evincar, Spirit of the Night, etc.

4 Impulse
4 Brainstorm
4 Arcane Denial
1 Mana Leak
4 Seahunter
4 Cateran Summons
4 Conspiracy
1 Dark Hatchling
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Spirit of the Night
1 Alexi, Zepher Mage
2 Lin Sivvi
1 Jeweled Spirit
1 Masticore
1 Morphling
1 Cateran Enforcer
1 Thrashing Wumpus
1 Blastoderm
4 Underground Sea
4 Underground River
6 Islands
9 Swamps
1 Volrath's Stronghold

You can make it better by adding Type 1 stuff like Demonic Tutor and Power 9 type stuff, but it's pretty fun as is.

Erik

D

Duel

Um, I know of very few decks that T1 and Power 9 won't make better...