Really Rare Rares?

M

mythosx

I'd love to...problem is....I am in japan. They don't really want to have english cards, it is a second language. On the other hand. english cards are cheaper to purchase. Most times at a quarter of their value.

S

Simpleminded Sage

There was a similar discussion on the massage boards on the magic home page. People were either not getting any skullclamps in boxes or getting 4 or 5. I just noticed something with the mirrodin packs I bought. I only got one diciple of the vault(common) and a playset of wall of blood(uncommon).

I

Istanbul

Even when it occurs, they won't mention anything about it publically. WotC pretty much has a standing policy of 'better to let them wonder than admit fault'.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know WOTC has been bought by Hasbro since then, but I was encouraged by their response to the Legends initial distribution fiasco...

M

mythosx

yeah...a new head company means a different boss walks home with a fatter paycheck...

R

Reverend Love

Not necessarily. Sometimes a large company (Hasbro) decides that instead of taking the time to form a team, create product, and hope it sells. To just buy an existing company (WoTC) for their share...there by getting into it on the cheap.

Also in some cases the parent company is smart enough to leave a successful team alone and are completely content to milk the cash cow. And in Hasbro's case make their extensive marketing and distrobution network available to the smaller organization. Being swallowed isn't always a bad thing...afterall you do get access to that companies coffers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know the exact power structure or relationship between WOTC and Hasbro, but I'm also hoping it's like what Reverend describes. It could be that Hasbro largely leaves WOTC to itself and trusts it to still make most of its decisions... :)

M

mythosx

thats what im saying....but in the end i dunno if they should leave em alone....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not actually sure that WOTC should have been in the retail business, to be honest. I think they were expanding outside their "core" business anyway.

Although I can't remember if the store closings decision was made from Hasbro or from WOTC.