Reality Bites

Killer Joe

Just heard this morning about some producers wanting to make a reality show called, "Loser leaves Town". They take two families who hate each other (from the same town) and pit them against each in reality show type stuff and the loser at the end of the show or season must leave town, forever. They had to have agreed to moving prior to the shooting of the show.

It's like the Hatfields and McCoys.

J

Jigglypuff

That's pretty stupid. Who the hell would agree to that?

(- Steve -)

D

DarthFerret

Depends on 2 major factors.

1. How much money does the Loser get? (moving expenses)

2. Does the loser have family in the town? (making it hard during the holidays.)

Killer Joe

I forgot to mention that both families recieve $100,000. So the family that has to move out of town has moving money and what's left over is theirs but the staying family gets pure non-expense money. :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of these reality shows are pretty dumb, like that one where a girl tried to fool her family into thinking she was marrying a slob when she herself was being hoodwinked that the slob was an actor ("Who Wants To Marry a Loser"?). Or that one about a family gathering to hear a will and one gets eliminated every show and the judges are the "help".

There are actually a lot of families who probably dislike each other and would want to see the other out of town, so I can see participation. Whether it would make good ratings to keep it on the air, that's another story.

I

Istanbul

For $100,000? Man, I'll get people to POSE as my family and not care whether I win or lose. Hello, house and bills!

D

DarthFerret

Who Wants To Slap A Bag-Woman, coming soon to Thursday Night Prime Time!

D

DarthFerret

wearing skimpy clothes while fighting over a man, who will turn out 10 episodes later to be thier brother, which is when the ladies find out that they are sisters, and band together to imprison the incestious brother.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, the girls find out that they're clones of each other and either have a tearful reunion or one tries to steal the other's life, but either way one dies tragically... :D

D

DarthFerret

In the mansion of the sinister [insert name here] who is manipulating the system to cover the fact that his multi-million dollar company is corupt and illegal as heck....

D

DarthFerret

While his two brothers run around the town with a total lack of respect for the police, laws, women's rights......

(somehow I think we got WAY off topic here)