Ravager Affinity

D

DeathMaster666

What I said was that with his hand he should have won, not that the deck wins by turn 4 every time. Also, this is what I suggest post-banning.

4 Great Furnace
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Tree of Tales
3 Glimmervoid
3 Blinkmoth Nexus
4 Oxidize
4 Ornithopter
4 Welding Jar
4 Pyrite Spellbomb
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Frogmite
4 Shrapnel Blast
4 Disciple of the Vault
2 Tooth of Chriss-Goria
4 Arcbound Worker
4 Arcbound Ravager

T

train

Ravager is not a long-game deck... It can play well against non-control, but if you don't get the draws in any deck it won't work out for you...;)

T

train

yes - any...

the statement was - if you don't get the "draws" - as in the correct land(mana)/spell ratio... it's just not going to work out for you...

even holding a slew of flashback/madness/alternate cc... cards doesn't help without the ways to cast them... Then it comes down to answers...:)

D

DeathMaster666

I think after the 'clamp banning we may see a comeback of Broodstar affinity.

C

chocobo_cid

Very nice. :D

If you're really worried about T2, then Diabolic Tutor would work almost as well.

T

train

I don't think Broodstar will come back, as ravager is much faster...

but a control type might come up...;)

D

DeathMaster666

Thats what I meant. A blue-based (sorry) control affinity with Broodstar as a kill instead of Ravager. Thats what I was running pre-Darksteel.

H

Homestar

I come bearing bad news............ I LOST TO RAVAGER AFFINITY IN A TOURNEY :mad: . o well, i did place second tho :) ........not as good as first :rolleyes: i played my R land destruction. and then he rubbed it my face! his whole Ravager affinity deck was FOIL! 4 foil ravagers 4 foil clamps....oo except for one thing. after he rubbed it in my face he asked to look at my rare binder and he saw my foil Solem sim. and he wanted to trade me for it cuz thats al he needed to make the whole deck foil.....so i haggled till i got 2 soul foundrys and a pristine angel for it! did i get ripped off?

edit: o and to get to the finals, i had to go throo 2 tooth and nail decks, a goblin bidding deck, an elf and an elf and nail deck.

D

DeathMaster666

Personally, I would have tried to trade up with the Solemn, Soul Foundry is still a good card. Not sure about Pristine Angel. I wouldn't have done it, but I don't think you got ripped off.

H

Homestar

yea....man, the pristine has been wrokin great! i juss got the solem for trading purposes n e way, and the soul foundrys are good cuz in my bird deck i imprint aven brigadier and in my cleric i imprint doubtless one.

T

Tabasco

cause all creatures with affinity have double affinity

for instance frogmite and Broodstar cost "2" less for each artifact you control. That is sick when combined with the artifact lands and the Tooth/Scale of Chiss-Goria.

Think

Turn 1 : Artifact land, Sol Ring, Spellbomb, Scale/Tooth of CG, Frogmite, 1CC Artifact.

Turn 2 : Another Land, Tap Ring and 2 Lands to Play Mycrosynth Golem. Then any Frogmites or Broodstars or Myr Enforcers have "double affinity"......It's sick.

H

Homestar

uhhhh, hmmm. i dunno. i traded a Patriarchs bidding for a foil Qumulox and an Old School Revised foil Serra's Angel. dunno if thats a good deal or not. but i dont care much cuz onslaught is going out and, well, thats gonna screw all my decks over cept broodstar affinity.