• Vault of Whispers is banned.
  • Great Furnace is banned.
  • Tree of Tales is banned.

-or-

• Cranial Plating is banned.
  • Arcbound Ravager is banned.
  • Disciple of the Vault is banned.
  • Krark-Clan Ironworks is banned.

But I bet on colored artifact lands getting banned. KCI is amazing in Standard except for the DotV that it loses to. Turn 2 Pentad Prism into KCI or a Talisman into Fabricate for KCI or Incubator is a turn 4 kill most likely. But it can still be "disrupted" I guess, except that they get so much mana anyway if you kill the Ironworks so you need to counter it.

H

HOUTS

This seems so easy....

If you've EVER played Affinity, especially in PTQ's, you'd understand the difference from this version and the first version played at States a year ago:

Disciple of Vault and Arcbound Ravager.

It is a combo.

Before this combo, or people realized Disciple was great in the deck, Affinity WASN'T dominating. The artifact lands, Frogmites, and Mry Enforcers were around and it didn't dominate. Skull Clamp came in, made the deck amazing (with Disciple), and then left.
Cranial Plating is cute and all, but that is easy to play around.

Ban those two cards above and all will be good: GG! Thanks for playing Affinity..

HOUTS

T

TheCasualOblivion

I'm not really all that scared of Cranial Plating. With all the artifact hate going around, its not really that hard to deal with. I don't think it NEEDS banning, and I've always thought the DCI tries to ban as little as possible.

G

Gizmo

The word from people on the judges mailing list is that 4 cards will be banned, which kind of rules out the artifact lands but makes you wonder what IS in those four cards.

C

Captain Caveman

Gizmo said:
The word from people on the judges mailing list is that 4 cards will be banned, which kind of rules out the artifact lands but makes you wonder what IS in those four cards.
If thats true it makes me sad. I'm not much of a tournament player but I've
faced KCI and Raffinity in the "tournament practice room" online and they
are tough decks to beat in the hands of experienced players. Of course, what
I'm playing will have some effect on the outcome, but turn 4 KCI win or turn
three 4/4 + frogs and discounted drawing is tough to beat. Now,.. it does not
happen every game but I've seen it happen a lot. If the artifact lands do not
get the axe affinity will still be good. Broodstar might even be playable. I said
might. The Atog version with Blast will probably re-surface.

I'm not really sure what to think. Tournament magic is not my chosen path
but I've dabbled in it enough to see something needs to be done. I'm glad
they decieded to fix their mistake. I might even try playing in a tourney after
the bannings.

We'll see

:)