Ransac vs Spiderman: Casual Decks Collide!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT tap that Plow

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Done.

Ransac:

Life: 14
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in Library: 43
In Play:
(U) Birds of Paradise [0/1, Flying, T: add one of any color mana to mana pool]

(U) Library of Alexandria
(U,U) Tropical Island [U/G Dual Land] x2
(U) Tundra [U/W Dual Land, 2/2]

(U) Sol Ring [T: Add 2 colorless mana to mana pool]

Goblin Trenches [2: Sacrifice a land: Put two 1/1 red and white Goblin Soldier creature tokens into play]

Celestial Dawn [Nonland cards you own that aren’t in play, spells you control, and nonland permanents you control are white. Lands you control are Plains. Spells and abilities you control produce white mana instead of any other color. You may spend white mana as though it were mana of any color]

(T) Gruul War Plow [Creatures you control have trample. 1RG: ~this~ becomes a 4/4 Juggernaut artifact creature until end of turn]

Graveyard: Taiga, Fling, Balance, Verdant Touch, Form of the Dragon
RFG:

Spiderman:

Life: 9
Cards in Hand: 6
Cards in Library: 38
In Play:

(U) Island
(U,U) Underground Sea x2 (U/B Dual Land)

(U) Icy Manipulator

(U) Mt (2/2, enchanted by Dominating Licid)

(U) Dominating Licid (1/1, 1UU, T: ~ becomes an enchant creature card. Pay U to end this ability. You control enchanted creature)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sorceress Queen, Demonic Tutor, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Island, Underground River, Nettling Imp, Polluted Delta, Undermine
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's it. Next time you tap my plow, I wanna hear you recite Megan's Law.

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 42
In Play:

Goblin Trenches [2: Sacrifice a land: Put two 1/1 red and white Goblin Soldier creature tokens into play]

Celestial Dawn [Nonland cards you own that aren’t in play, spells you control, and nonland permanents you control are white. Lands you control are Plains. Spells and abilities you control produce white mana instead of any other color. You may spend white mana as though it were mana of any color]

(T) Gruul War Plow [Creatures you control have trample. 1RG: ~this~ becomes a 4/4 Juggernaut artifact creature until end of turn]

RFG:

Spiderman:

In Play:

(U) Island
(U,U) Underground Sea x2 (U/B Dual Land)

(U) Icy Manipulator

(U) Dominating Licid (1/1, 1UU, T: ~ becomes an enchant creature card. Pay U to end this ability. You control enchanted creature)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sorceress Queen, Demonic Tutor, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Island, Underground River, Nettling Imp, Polluted Delta, Undermine
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, tappity-tappity-tap-tap-tap that Plow. :D

Trying to get to 7 cards, eh?

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Underground River, El-Hajjaj, Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 42
In Play:

RFG:

Spiderman:

Cards in Hand: 5
Cards in Library: 37
In Play:

(U) Island
(T,T) Underground Sea x2 (U/B Dual Land)
(T) Underground River (U/B Pain Land)

(U) Icy Manipulator

(U) El-Hajjaj (1/1, when ~ deals dmg, gain that much life)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
4 1/1 soldier tokens and draw a card. My Turn

Untap, upkeep, Draw, make the plow a creature, Volcanic Island Attack with th 4 soliders, the Tundra, and the Plow. Responses? I'm assuming you're going to tap the plow.

Ransac:

Cards in Hand: 5
Cards in Library: 40
In Play:

(T) Library of Alexandria
(U) Volcanic Island [U/R Dual Land]
(T,T) Tropical Island [U/G Dual Land] x2

(T,T,T,T)Soldier Token [1/1 white creature] x4

Graveyard: Taiga, Fling, Balance, Verdant Touch, Form of the Dragon, Decree of Justice.
RFG:

Spiderman:

In Play:

(U) Island
(T) Underground river
(U) Icy Manipulator

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know if you had any responses to my Icy. So I guess no responses during Declare Attackers...

My Mt will block your Tundra. You have priority...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Stack Damage. Tap Sol Ring and sac Tundra to Trenches for two more 1/1 goblin tokens. The licid dies when the Mountain dies, right?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, what was I thinking? I got confused during this combat and meant to keep the Island untapped, although that meant I wouldn't be able to use the Icy...

Oh well, yeah the Licid dies :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a part of me says I should live with my mistake, but another part says this is just a casual game and the last one of the series so....

If I had 20 life, I'd do it but I only have nine and if I take it back, I'd be taking 6 which really doesn't leave me enough to survive another attack so we'll just keep going. Your Mt under my control dies, Your Tundra dies, my Licid dies, and I take 4, right?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm done. (begins to drum-roll to help Spidey get a top-deck).

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 40
In Play:

(T) Library of Alexandria
(U) Volcanic Island [U/R Dual Land]
(T,T) Tropical Island [U/G Dual Land] x2

(T) Sol Ring [T: Add 2 colorless mana to mana pool]

(T,T,T,T) Soldier Token [1/1 white creature] x4
(U,U) Goblin-Soldier Token [1/1 red/white creature] x2

Graveyard: Taiga, Fling, Balance, Verdant Touch, Form of the Dragon, Decree of Justice, Tundra
RFG:

Spiderman:

Life: 5
In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Underground river
(T) Icy Manipulator

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Sorceress Queen, Demonic Tutor, Swamp, Swamp, Swamp, Island, Underground River, Nettling Imp, Polluted Delta, Undermine, Dominating Licid
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Say, how about after this game we give an analysis over our decks: What cards worked well with the others, what cards did we always seem to just hold, etc.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think it was a less extreme instance of what would happen in the old Type I. While other decks were more streamlined, Keeper had the broken bombs that would hit one after another until it won.