R/W Destroy all Monsters/Dingus Deck

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I noticed that mythosx had posted the makings of a dingus deck..

I put this thing together mainly for multiplayer, but it can consistenly blow up everything almost all of the time. It was made in response to really really fast decks..

basically the idea is you sweep the board once... twice.. three time... toss out a dingus.... wait... or just kill with dingus staff or dingus egg..

the design of the deck is pretty simple, made a few changes to make it less unpredictable.. you just have to play it carefully.. and sometimes be willing to eat some damage so you can dingus for 18 during their turn.

it designed to destroy any deck that takes more than 2 turns, or more than 1 card in play to win :D.. notice i say destroy... not win against..
i suppose i could put some creatures.. cut the red, remove the dingus conditions and make it more competetive, but there's seriously nothing funnier than playing against a type 1 ravager and making him scoop turn 1.. followed by a 2nd game and i manage to drop a mox monkey turn 1, followed by serenity my turn 2

equipment, artifact, swarm, elves, WW, etc..

The sideboard is almost completely anti artifact and affinity,..

SB:
3 Ancient Runes
3 Price of Progress
3 Serenity
3 Mox Monkeys (Gorilla Shaman)
3 Chalice of the Void (Stops moxen, plus its funny)

11 mountains
11 Plains

4 Dingus Egg
4 Dingus Staff
2 Nevinyrral's Disk
2 Powder Keg
2 Gustha's Scepter
2 Zuran Orb (Saves you from Dingus damage)
1 Darksteel Reactor

White:
4 Armageddon
4 Planar Collapse
3 Wrath of God
3 Balance
1 Enlightened Tutor

Red:
4 Jokulhaups
3 Obliterate

The best part about this deck is that countermagic does almost nothing to it,
you save yourself so many turns, you almost always have double and triplicates of each spell. It's a very focused deck.. and a cranial+splinter would probably ruin your day.. but you can easily choose who won't win.. or just F everybody up and make them win with 1/1's no artifacts, enchantments, equipments, or lands.

this deck hates: straight burn, free creatures, creatures with haste

J

jorael

Brrrr.... I really don't like the amount of lands in the deck. I mean, armageddon, jokulhaups and obliterate? I would like to recuperate after casting one. Cool deck idea, however!

Maybe adding Darksteel Ingots and more lands? I'd go for 24 lands (why not 4 indestructible ones? :)) and 4 ingots. That way you could cast your expensive removal more consistent and you still have some mana available after it.

Catastrophe comes to mind for additional removal, it's WoG and (uhm or) Armageddon.
Desolation Giant is cool too: it gives you a 3/3 body after clearing the board.

Why Gusta's Scepter? I like the dingus artifacts, but playing them together with Nev. Disks and Jokulhaups is a bit too bombo for me. Why not add some pinpoint artifact/enchantment removal (Orim's thunder) and use only mass creature/land removal?

Jokulhaups combo's nicely with enchantments like Moonlit Wake, Ghostly Prison, Inheritance and Opal Acrolith. Might make a cool deck too.

I once used Nev. Disk and Jester's Cap together with Treasure Hunter in a R/W deck. It also contained Wayfarer's Bauble for acceleration and creatures like Blinking Spirit & Shard Phoenix that can be reused. It's so nice to be able to mass remove all non-land permanents in multiplayer and take away their most dangerous cards :)

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah with this deck, you have to make more difficult decisions than an all counter deck..

Almost every game i was like... damn... i should make much more LD...