Puzzle Box

T

Turtlewax Joe

I don't plan on countering things during their turn, the counters are just to protect against other instants. Rhystic tutor I think works better than Vampiric Tutor in this deck.

I'll play test the Bridge vs. Terminate though.

Thanx, T.J.

T

Turtlewax Joe

How about:

-4x Counterspell
+4x Indentured Djinn

Thanx, T.J.

N

NeuroDeus

Indentured Djinn is a beast in this deck as I already said... your opponent would think twice to draw cards...

T

Turtlewax Joe

it's them or counters, and when Masques rotates out I'll lose 4 more cards than before...

I still can't decide though...

Tjanx, T.J.

T

Turtlewax Joe

-4 Terminates
+4 Ensraring Bridges

that should also take care of the Djinn thing also, since it couldn't attack with the bridges.

Puzzle Box decks have always had two combos and I feel that coming back with the Bridge/Scullcap+Tyranny/Puzzle Box.
now that the terminates are out for bridges it feels like a more classic build of puzzle box!

I'll write in a couple of weeks aftrer play testing to let you know how it worked.

I think Urza's Guilt would be a bomb in a deck like this! comments on that are welcome.

I still havn't found a better name for the deck...

Thanx, T.J.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

In place of Grafted Skullcap, you could use Null Brooch.

T

Turtlewax Joe

4x Teferi's Puzzle Box
4x Pherexian Tyranny

4x Ebsnaring Bridge
3x Grafted Scullcap

4x Recoil
3x Hoodwink
1x Rushin River
2 Wash Out
3x Rhystic Tutor
4x Ghitu Fire

4x Ancient Hydra

2x Forsaken City
4x Underground River
4x Sulferous Springs
1x Salt Marsh
3x Urborg Volcano
2x Shivan Reef
8x Island

//Side Board://

4x Hibernation(bye bye big green meanies)
4x Seal of Fire(in case I need more Direct damage at instant speed)
2x Washout(white threats)
3x Engineered Pleague(rebles)
2x Juntu Stakes(fires)

the main deck suffers to stupid red burn which is as deck I don't mind losing to, and it beat most everything else that I've played. The games versus dicard decks is very togh and is usualy a 50/50 game. I hate Temporal Adepts though.

The side board is a standard threat to the meta game. And if I need to I can kill a temporal with the Pleague
or leave it tapped wit' the stakes.

T.J.