Provokers

H

Homestar

that helps a lot actually. but wow, i knew provoke was a rare thing but i didnt kno there were only 9 creatures with it.....:eek: . yea i bought the sliver shivers deck and i got a few slivers from booster packs. i got talon sliver also so that might help a little. i have 2 swooping talons and 3 deftblade elites. i have a brontotherium and a kroasan vorine. i just need that hunter sliver then i could easily make a sliver deck. i dont kno if i want to tho cuz i heard that sliver decks are restricted, is that tru? if not then im definatly gonna make it a sliver deck. i also have that Sliver Queen. that card is so kick ass. my favorite sliver is the crystalline sliver though. spined sliver is a close second. Clot sliver and victual sliver is a great combo. heart sliver is good. horned sliver has won me games countless times. muscle sliver helpsthings along to. those are my best slivers. i have like 12 differant ones besides those but i like those the best. and also brood sliver and crypt sliver deserve recognition.

T

Tabasco

Magma And Toxin Slivers?

Or the Blue one that only lets slivers be blocke by other slivers?

huh?

Go slivers!!

I dont think the restricted thing is true. Don't forget your overlord!!!!

K

Killerbob

Or the Blue one that only lets slivers be blocke by other slivers?
Not that good with toxin sliver and the provoker.

i dont kno if i want to tho cuz i heard that sliver decks are restricted, is that tru?
Decks cant be restricted. Only cards. And none of the slivers are restricted. Restricted means "no more than one of this card in your deck."

T

Tabasco

Just thought of something

If you have....the Toxin, Magma, and Hunter + a way that makes them not tap to attack (is there a slier for this....I don't think so but I could be wrong).....

The you attack all out, provoke their blockers....then If you have 1 more attackers thatnm they do blockers....you win

here's scenario:

You have 5 slivers

1 Toxin, 2 Hunter, 1 Magma, 1 Crystalline (or what ever)

They have 4 blockers

Provoke all but Crystalline, it gets through, tap all your non-tapping attackers..... and that equals win...

I want to know if there is.......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, don't think there is such a Sliver, but there's a cheap white enchantment that doesn't cause your attackers to tap (Serra's something).

H

Homestar

im think i have the slivers to do that............. but i think i traded my magma sliver for a krosan cloudscraper........

T

Tabasco

I have a magma, If you need one.

Ya all the slivers are cool!! I like how the new one dont require an activation cost like some of the others do.

I especially like the instant and uncounterable slivers (GO GREEN!!)

G

GauntletKing

This past weekend I lost miserably to a sliver deck that was pretty simple:

Magma sliver, (the black sliver that destroys a creature if it is blocked), the provoke sliver, and the 2 versions of regenerating slivers.

All of my creatures died, and the army just kept coming. I hated it.
Slivers are so good they instantly raise the power level of the next few games. After a sliver army makes an appearance, the casual fun turns to friendly brutality.

No matter how the sliver deck starts, if it's not stopped before 3 abilities hit the table, it's pretty much goodnight for the competition.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's true, that's why global resets like Wrath, Nev's Disk, Jokulhaups, etc are useful or if you expect to play it 'cause someone in your group does, anti-tribal cards.

T

train

The card spidey referred to was Serra's Blessing...

and all that's needed to stop slivers - with ahorde out - without mass removal - ensnaring bridge... and others like it...

N

Notepad

Engineered Plague does wonders to kill slivers, and keep 'em from coming back. Just fetch a couple copies and slivers are as good as wiped out for good. :D

T

train

Not with a plated out - then they nullify each other...

Slivers have an answer to almost everything...;)

T

train

that's why I said almost...

Best thing to do against the queen is nullify her ability... against the horde - crawlspace... and those options are only if you don't have the mass removal...

H

Homestar

omg i kno this is off topic but its all good. i just a wizard deck and once i finished it, i went out and bought a booster pack and got an onslaught booster and got a Psychic trance!!!!!i have 2 isochron scepters in that deck so i can be almost unbeatable. well actually, if i pull that off then i am literally unbeatable right? and the other thing that i did was i traded my friend for his Slivos, Rogue Elemental. me's havin a goody day :). buut, you expert people always have a totally differant opinion on what are good cards then me so what do you think about them?

T

train

Silvos and isochrons good - psychic - not so good... It needs to be in a tribal Wizard deck - but since it's only good for one turn, you mainly want to use it during a big multi-player stack battle, or when a lot of storm-spells are on the stack - otherwise it acts as almost a single counterspell...

For something permanent with the similar effect - look at voidmage prodigy... null brooch... or some control like wand of denial...;)

H

Homestar

yea u have a point.....BUT that silvos is better than good. 6 mana for a 8/5 trample G:regenerate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i take that over the cloudscraper in a green deck. but that prodigy is pretty good. i think my friend has that card but i overlooked it.......