Provokers

K

Killerbob

deftblade elite with venom or death pits of rath would be very annoying.

Think what you could do with four more of you!
Actually this situation was dealt with in The Simpsons. It turned out to be like peeing in your pants to keep warm. Its works well in the beginning, but later its not so good.

N

Notepad

Hmm, four copies of oneself does sound appealing in a very creepy sort of way, especially if oneself happens to be Sefro...

...the copies could legally enter DCI tourneys and conspire to win.

Then we could all time travel together and buy up a lot of Alpha cards for cheap.

T

train

While we're at it - why not four more of me...:D

and that deftblade trick isn't a bad idea...;)

H

Homestar

yea thats what i do. i do the hero's resolve one ut not the death pit thingy cuz my deck isnt black....its white and blu. ooo i kinda like swooping talon.:)

N

Notepad

But you could also use that Provoke Sliver, then put out a couple of Isochron Scepters with Trickery Charm imprinted on them, and change a bunch of normal dudes into slivers who gain Provoke. Imagine Exaulted Angel with provoke when she's a sliver.

...seems a little too sexy to be allowed on TV...

ANGELS GONE WILD ENDLESS PRO TOUR BREAK!!!

T

train

Yeah - Homestar - try running the slivers provoke deck - Then drop a Coat of Arms on the table!...

N

Notepad

Or just play a stinking sliver deck, that way all your creatures have provoke, regeneration, trample, spirit link, etc...

What a wonderful idea. :D ;)

T

train

That was kind of what I meant...

"Slivers stink... maybe they are related to rabbits..."

N

Notepad

Rabbits don't stink too bad, unless you happen to be caring for them wrong. Are you abusing rabbits? Do I need to call the ANIMAL POLICE on you?

It'll be fun watching you getting arrested on DIscovery Channel or Animal Planet or whatever the hell that show runs on. Pushed into a paddywagon for animal abuse, and waiting inside is Bobo the Silverback, who the police forgot to handcuff when they put him in there for flipping off the giraffes at the zoo.

T

Tabasco

I just got a mag that has organized all creatures according to their abilities....There is a provoke section.....I will review it and post some valid entries for your deck.

However, I first need to know exactly what colors you want.....G/W......R/G........R/W.........G/R/W???

Please LMK

TY

Have a Smurfy Day

N

Notepad

There's actually a mag that lists all the creature abilities?

Quickly, which color is best if I want to use the Ghazban Ogre ability in a deck to the fullest potential??? :eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is it Inquest? Because I remember a couple of issues ago they broke out all the creatures by tribe (creature type)...

H

Homestar

i was thinkin white cuz of all the life gain but im a newb so.........................................yea:rolleyes:

T

Tabasco

Yes the April Inquest Issue breaks down creatures into common abilities.....trample, flying, double strkie, first strike, provoke, etc.

Ghazban Orge would fit best into Mono green Stompy....probably with Winter Orb to lock down the board.

R

Rooser

Homestar, you really should post rules questions in the Rules questions forum, just so that way the thread looks more "official" just in case your friend comes over again.;)

I love Broker/Megrim Decks. Talon of pain is unecessary, though. It's just a "win more" card. A broker and a Megrim kill real quick, especially if you get either in multiple.

What I do in that sort of deck is play Ensnaring Bridge. It might be a bit expensive for a new player to get 4 of those right away, but it's a card I'm sure you'll love! Check it out! After that just play with "draw then discard" types cards so you can fly through your deck without actually putting more cards in your hand.

H

Homestar

yeah that is a sweet card...... OOO another good card for broker/megrim decks is Lumengrind Auger cuz it says wen they discard the card it says "if a card is discarded this way then untap him" or somethin like that so that eans you can do that more then once right?

T

Tabasco

The provoke ability was only given to Green, Red, and White creatures. The creatures are also few in number and are as follows.

Green:

4GG
Brontotherium - Beast

Provoke
Trample
5/3

3G
Krosan Vorine - Cat Beast

Provoke
Can't be bloked by more than one creature

3/2

4GG
Feral Throwback - Beast

Amplify 2
Provoke

3/3

-------------------------------

Red:

R
Goblin Grappler - Goblin

Provoke

1/1

4R
Crested Craghorn - Beast

Haste
Provoke

4/1

1R
Hunter Sliver - Sliver

Provoke
All Slivers have Provoke

1/1

----------------------------

White:

W
Deftblade Elite - Soldier

Provoke
1W: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to and dealt by Deftblade Elite this turn

1/1

4W
Lowland Tracker - Soldier

Provoke
First Strike

2/2

4WW
Swooping Talon - Bird Soldier

Flying
Provoke
1: Swooping Talon losses flying until end of turn

2/6

So that is all....9 creatures....... Beasts or Soldiers would have to be your tribal type. You could go R/G Beasts...or Provoking Soldiers.

Otherewise you could go with Slivers and Soldiers...or Slivers and Beasts.....It is now solely up to you.....

Hope that helps..

T

train

Mono-sliver is a good way to go... Then they all have provoke...