Post your Ravnica decks!

J

jorael

Ah somehow I still had the notion it is an all Ravnica deck. I believe you have corrected that idea once earlier, but apparantly I forgot....

But anyone using Wurmweaver Coil can post his/her deck in this thread, if you ask me :)

H

hrothmar

I Second that....

With a little luck, ill own a playset of the coils soon. When I do Ill make sure to place the decklist here. ;)

J

jorael

Still haven't seen that decklist hrothmar. ;)
No Wurmweaver Coils yet? Or not a deck yet?

Anyway, Dissension is upon us and the Block is complete. And boy does Dissension give us cool cards to use!

When I saw Paladin of Prah I couldn't stop thinking about Living Inferno and Hammerfist Giant. Bid red damage sources and lifegain. It's as appealing as old school COP: Red and Orcish Artillery. So time for a Boros deck:

Disco Inferno said:
4 Boros Garrison
9 Plains
11 Mountain

4 Boros Signet
4 Lightning Helix

4 Boros Guildmage
4 Guardian of the Guildpact
4 Wojek Embermage
4 Sunhome Enforcer
4 Paladin of Prav
4 Hammerfist Giant
4 Living Inferno
The forecast ability of the Paladin combo's nicely with the 8 red fatties and with Wojek Embermage. Finally a good use of this Embermage, I hope. At first I wanted to add Transguild Courier to be able to shoot every creature in play (...except the Guardians of the Guilpact). But I went for the Sunhomies instead. They give me a better shot at surviving until I can use the big creatures. That's why I included 28 mana-sources. A Living Inferno doesn't come cheap (hmm... Debtor's Knell?).

D

DarthFerret

Ok, my Orzhov Guild Deck -
(Every Card in this deck has the Guild Symbol printed on it!)

1 Cry of Contrition
2 Benediction of Moons
1 Seize the Soul
3 Castigate
1 Mortify
3 Pillory of the Sleepless

2 Agent of Masks
1 Teysa, Orzhov Scion
1 Belfry Spirit
2 Orzhov Euthanist
1 Exhumer Thrull
3 Mourning Thrull
3 Blind Hunter
2 Souls of the Faultless
2 Orzhov Guildmage
3 Absolver Thrull
4 Shrieking Grotesque

1 Orzhov Signet (all I own)
2 Orzhov, Church of Deals
3 Orzhov Bascila

10 Swamps
10 Plains

There was not a lot of strategy behind this deckbuild. I just looked through every card that I have from the Ravnica block, found the ones with the guild symbols, and put them in a deck. Amazingly enough, this deck seems to work ok, but not spectacular.

J

jorael

All card Orzhov marked huh? Very nice!

Benediction of Moons is bothering me though. Theoretically, how many players would have to be included to make it good. Five? Six? I wanted to say that Benediction is a card I would never play, but I can see its use when playing Emperor. One mana and a card is a great way to gain 6 life, twice...

Another one I just made (sunday deckbuilding day :)):

MS Rakdos said:
4 Rakdos Carnarium
9 Swamp
11 Mountain

4 Hit // Run
4 Wreaking Ball
4 Parallectric Feedback

4 Gobhobbler Rats
4 Squealing Devil
4 Rakdos Guildmage
4 Rakdos Ickspitter
4 Hellhole Rats
4 Ratcatcher
The idea is to punish high converted mana costs: Hit, Hellhole Rats and Parallectric Feedback make sure that you'll deal some damage, whatever your opponent does. I really hope to take out an opponent with lethal Feedback when he/she plays a fattie.

First I had Coalhauler Swine in mind as a six-drop. I mean there are only 8 rats in Ravnica Block so why use Ratcatcher? Then again, 4/4 fear is quite threatening and Repeatedly casting Hellhole Rats can probably be enough to take out certain opponents. Gobhobbler Rats are less impressive, especially because this deck isn't hellbent on emptying the hand, but it's still a bear and Guildmage food.

"You can't have so many people living so close together, all practicing so much magic, and not expect some feedback".
-Parallectric Feedback

H

hrothmar

Jorael: no coils...no deck...no decklist. Alas!

Instead, my favorite ravnica'ish deck sporting the Ultimate dissension combo: vigean intuition an 32 creatures!

4 simic bounce land
4 simic guild land
4 simic signet
5 forest
5 islands

4 vigean intuition

4 aquamoeba
4 wirewood savage
2 krosan warchief
4 stratozeppelid
4 plaxmanta
4 assault zeppelid
4 trygon predator
4 indrik stomphowler
4 helium squirter

adding ursapines and gristleback would make this block legal but less of a deck (i love this deck just the way it is!)

J

jorael

Wow, a very nice tribute to the beast tribe! :D And even easy to convert to a Ravnica-block deck.

My kind of cup of tea.

H

Homestar

Now this deck isn't amazingly good but it's really fun to play =D. It actually can work out to be very deadly.

And it's not Ravnica block =( but I didn't wanna start yet another thread lol. It's just Type 2 tho.

GELECTRODE BURN

Creatures:
4 Gelectrode
4 Wee Dragonauts
3 Izzet Guildmage
4 Drift of Phantasms
(15 Creatures)

Instants/Sorceries:
4 Lava Spike
4 Shock
4 Glacial Ray
4 Volcanic Hammer
4 First Volley
4 Geurilla Tactics
(24 Instants/Sorceries)

Land:
4 Steam Vents
4 Shivan Reef
2 Pillar of the Paruns
3 Izzet Biolerworks
4 Island
4 Mountain
(21 Land)

The point is to get Gelectrode out ASAP. Don't use any fo your burn cards until you do. The Drifts of Phantasms are just to Transmute for Gelec. Wee Dragonauts can get really nasty in here if you get him out before you go on a burn spree with Gelec too. It's pretty fun.

M

Maik

When I first saw the cardlist of Dissension two cards made me drewl upon my keyboard. Experiment Kraj and Dovescape. When I read dovescape the first time I thought it was a very weird card with almost no potential, but then I thought of my spider I wanted to use a long time in some sort of deck. So here it comes. It's not ravnica only, so the diehard (s) (yes I mean you Jorael and to a lesser extent Limited :) ) might be bit disappointed

Pigeon Farm
9 Forest
3 Island
4 Plains
4 Azorius chancery
2 Simic growth chamber
3 Novijen, heart of progress

4 Trophy hunter
4 Hunted troll
4 Indrik stomphowler
4 Silklash spider
3 Droning bureaucrats
4 Azorius guildmage

4 Sylvan scrying
4 Dovescape
4 Supply/ Demand

I played this deck once now in multiplayer. I didn't get blue mana until I got at maybe a third of my deck, but still did pretty well. The guildmage, troll en hunter did their job well, but it was the spider which rocked when the dovescape entered play.
If only I had blue mana so I could make 2/2 flyers for me......... :(
Overall the deck did better than I expected. The creatures synergised nicely with the pigeon crafter. Even without the blue mana I dictated the game.

Hints, advice????

L

Limited

I really like Supply // Demand in this deck.. but I get the feeling the deck isn't packing enough non-creature spells to really take advantage of the Dovescape..
I'm also doubting how usefull Indrik Stomphowler is here.. Dovescape gives you opponents a lot of 1/1 tokens and the Howler will be easily chumpblocked.
(On the other hand, it a way to have acces to artifact and enchantment removal, so it might just be a great fit for this deck)

Any way, I was thinking about combining this card with another Dissension rare: Celestial Ancient. Once you have enough bird tokens, giving them all counters should provide enough of an advantage.

I am blatantly copying part of your deck, because Trophy Hunter and Droning Bureaucrats are just great with Dovescape

DoveShaman.dec said:
Creatures (26)
2x Auratouched Mage
4x Beacon Hawk
4x Carven Caryatid
2x Celestial Ancient
3x Dowsing Shaman
4x Droning Bureaucrats
3x Nullmage Shepherd
4x Trophy Hunter
Spells (10)
1x Conclave's Blessing
3x Dovescape
1x Guardian Magemark
3x Moldervine Cloak
1x Pollenbright Wings
1x Shielding Plax
Lands (24)
10x Forest
10x Plains
4x Selesnya Sanctuary
hmm.. I ended up with even less non-creature spells.. but I think Dowsing Shaman and Moldervine Cloak should be able to help in that respect (and I wouldn't mind having a turn two Beacon Hawk and a turn three Moldervine Cloak).
A couple of cards I wanted to try
  • 1x Conclave's Blessing: Being the only enchantment with Convoke, I felt I had to give it a try.. Just one though; Auratouched Mage can tutor for it :)
  • 1x Guardian Magemark: An instant enchantment..
  • 1x Pollenbright Wings: More expensive enchantment, but might also provide another route to victory.
  • 1x Shielding Plax: Combo's nicely with the Auratouched Mage and cantrips..

Maybe the deck needs more mana..

J

jorael

An update on my Disco Inferno deck (see above). I made some changes. I dropped the Signets: I rather have more business spells and wait a bit longer before Living Inferno comes online. I dropped the Sunhome Enforcers for Beacon Hawks and added Grifter's Blade. It's nice to have a Boros deck without the Enforcers as I have used them in several decks.

Grifter's Blade is a nice combat trick that noone will expect the first time and it lets the Hammerfist Giant survive its own ability. Beacon Hawk is a good defensive creature that can untap your Wojek Embermages or Hammerfist Giants for extra damage :)

During a 2 player game with some creatures in play I activated Hammerfist Giant while it was boosted by the forecast ability of Paladin of Pravh and I wiped the board and gained 20 life (24 and lost 4, actually). Guardian of the Guildpact survived and finished the opponent off. Hrothmar wasn't as happy :D

L

Limited

Yes, but somehow they are quite useless when they are forced to block a Shinen of Life's Roar while Masumaro and Descendent of Masumaro kick in your face for 19 damage.

:mad: