Post Judgement WW

R

rkoelsch

Sorry to interrupt all the political banter with actual Magic discussion but I can't help myself. I am so looking forward to Judgement. Feel free to ignore this like normal. But I want to try a mono white WW. It probably won't be any good til the Deed leaves but I will give it a try

Creatures-26
4-Mystic Penitent
4-Benevolent Bodyguard
4-Suntail Hawk
4-Longbow Archer
4-Beloved Chaplain
2-Reborn Hero
2-Pianna Nomad Captain
2-Lieutenant Kirtar

Spells -12
4-Divine Sacrament
3-Shelter
3-Vengeful Dreams
2-Disenchant

Land 22
22-Plains

Let me know what You think

L

Lotus Mox

Why don't you replace Mystic Penitent (one of the weaker cards in your deck) with Phantom Nomad? he's ok on it's own, but with Sacrament in play he's invincible! :D

Speaking of Sacrament, I'm not sure how popular white creatures will get after the release of Judgment, but if they are popular, I'd rather play Glorious Anthem than Divine Sacrament.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Reborn Hero/Lieutenant Kirtar:
I think both of these are mistakes. Kirtar I'm defintly certain is a bad idea, you shouldnt worry about creatures attacking you. Reborn Hero is an argument I think, but I dont think it's a good idea playing it.

Vengful Dreams:
Very bad idea, dont worry about creatures attacking you, just worry about winning.

*shrugs* I hope that helps!

D

Duel

White Weenie has one major problem in this environment.
Until recently, the goal of white weenie was to play powerful, fast creatures and then armageddon, and use disruption to stall until it wins. Armageddon is, alas, no longer with us, so instead White Weenie either needs stronger disruption or better creatures. Basically, it needs a reason not to be g/r. With more powerful creatures and better burn, g/r can easily try to replace it, while armageddon's gone.

HOWEVER, judgement gives white some damn good creature destruction. Now how to use it.....

First off, watch your curve. Too many 1-drops is bad news, meaning your midgame is seriously underpowered (and deed for 1 is a killer. Not that deed isn't a killer anyways)

Creatures-27
4-Patrol Hound (a good 2-drop... more aggressive than the penitent)
4-Benevolent Bodyguard
4-Suntail Hawk
4-Longbow Archer
3-Beloved Chaplain (I'm not sure about this... I know it's alright but 1W for a 1/1 chafes.... Maybe spurnmage advocate?)
2-Reborn Hero (I like this card. That's about it. Control DOESN'T like this card)
2-Pianna Nomad Captain
4-Phantom Nomad (I'm not sure about this card.... time will tell. My instinct says it's the best of the phantom cards, though, since it will probably simply slip through. Maybe the centaur is better... any thoughts anyone?)

Spells -12
4-Divine Sacrament (maybe glorious anthem is better?)
3-Shelter
2-Vengeful Dreams
3-Aura Blast (stronger than disenchant, in this environment)

Land 21
21-Plains

The sheer number of creatures should mean you never have to be too conservative.... not sure, though. I think g/r just squishes this deck.

L

Lotus Mox

Pariah helps vs. R/G, it kills a creature and fogs them for a turn.

I don't think Kirtar is bad, he's a 2/2 flyer for 3 and creature destruction all in one, but maybe there are better cards to play with.

BTW, I wouldn't build mono-WW in Judgment T2, since mono-colour-decks are just not all that good in an environment containing Invasion Block.
The best colour to splash would be Red or Black IMO, and there are also some interesting new Green/White cards, but GW decks are usually more green centered.

R

rkoelsch

First off thank you guys for once again surprising me. This is more responses than any of my decks has had in a long time. First let's talk about Phantom Nomad

Phantom Nomad
1W
Creature – Nomad Spirit
~this~ comes into play with two +1+1 counters on it. If damage would be dealt to ~this~, prevent that damage and remove a +1/+1 counter from ~this~.
0/0
Common
Jim Nelson
17/143

I guess I overlooked this one. So you are saying if there aren't any counter's then it still prevents the damage. How cool:cool:

You can't compare WW to GR they are completely different strategy. WW cannot simply race. It needs to be able to prevent damage it is whites strength. I have used Lieutenant Kirtar and he is always good. I used to use 4 of him but that is too many.

I am thinking of putting Valor in the deck. I like the fact that his ability doesn't cost mana.

I also understand about color splashes for Spectral Lynx and Vindicate or Flametongue Kavu and Rage. But I don't know if I will get to play again til September and by then I will probably have traded my Invasion Block cards before they become worthless to me. The card shop I play at only holds type II tournaments so those are the cards I use.

D

Duel

Because it's unexpected and it can take down g/r. If they walk into it, then it's incredibly good, and in game 2, they can be Worships instead....

BTW

Devoted Caretaker!

I can't believe I missed it. It's an incredible card!

R

rkoelsch

I like the Caretaker but I am not sure if she fits this desk. If I do bring the Nomads in I should bring her in to protect the Sacrament. otherwise losing the sacrament would be a 2 for 1 for my opponent. I too like the Vengeful Dreams against none blue players. Probably would never attempt against anyone who has islands though.

G

Griffith_se

This probably stinks...

Creatures-22

4 Patrol Hound
4 Longbow Archer
4 Phantom Nomad
4 Mystic Penitent
4 Devoted cartaker
2 Pianna Nomad Captain

Spells 18

4 Battle Screech
4 Divine Sacrament
4 Vengeful Dreams
2 Wrath of God
2 Worship
2 Death or Glory

Land 20
20 Plains

R

rkoelsch

Thanks Griffith-se. I am going to have to look harder at Patrol Hound both you and Duel have included them. I want to have at least 24 creatures. The Wrath of God might be better than the vengeful dreams. I understand your including Death and Glory it combos well with Wrath of God. Both of those spells are good but may be too mana intensive. I guess I should count the Battle screech as a Creature. I'll have to think.

G

Griffith_se

I was thinking...

Patrol Hound, Good with - Battle Screech, Vengeful Dreams, Penitent Beside being a bear.

Also Nomad seems really good with Sacrament or Anthem.

D

Duel

I'm not too big a fan of battle screech. I don't know. it costs 4, and basically taps a creature to put 4 tokens into play, 2 of which come in tapped. Right?

R

rkoelsch

I think I will use Battle Screech in my U/W Bird deck but I think it is too expensive for this WW.

C

Captain Caveman

I'm never one to know what is good but here's what I think.

WW is probably to weak. But splashing a second color might
work. Green, Red or Black would be my choice.

This _might_ be a base WW:

4 Patrol Hound
4 Longbow Archer
4 Phantom Nomad
4 Benevolent Bodyguard
2 Pianna Nomad Captain

4 Glorious Anthem

Opinions expressed are not that of a real Magic the Gathering player.

R

rkoelsch

okay I will give in to common sense and put together this WW/splash. It does mean I have to raise the land count . I will try 22 land may have to go to 23.

Creatures-26
4-Benevolent Bodyguard
4-Suntail Hawk
4-Phantom Nomad
4-Spectral Lynx
4-Longbow Archer
2-Valor
2-Lieutenant Kirtar
2-Pianna, Nomad Captain

Spells-12
4-Shelter
4-Glorious Anthem
4-Vindicate

Land-22
4-Caves of Koilos
4-Swamp
16-Plains

LMK what you think. One thing this design does without using flashback or threshold I can use Morningtide with impunity from the sideboard.

possible sideboard
4-Orim's Chant
4-Morningtide
4-Mystic Crusader
3-Vengeful Dreams

T

Tabasco

What about that Big, Fat, Flying Angel in Judgement??

Sorry I am really bad w/ names recently!!!

R

rkoelsch

Yes the Silver Seraph is very good and will make it into my angel deck. But she is a little too expensive at 8cc for this deck.

L

Lotus Mox

Here's my take on B/W weenie, I took your deck and mainly added Duress, Phyrexian Rager and Glory, while taking out the other protection stuff.
Benevolent Bodyguard is much better when he protects 6/6's than 2/2's or 1/1 flyers ;)
I'm also not conviced that first strike is that strong on such small critters.

Anyway here's my decklist:

4 Suntail Hawk (Lava Axe)
4 Phantom Nomad
4 Spectral Lynx
1 Patrol Hound (just a 9th 2 mana critter, I'm not sure how important it is to get Glory into the graveyard by discarding, so maybe I'll have to add more)
4 Phyrexian Rager
2 Lieutenant Kirtar
2 Pianna, Nomad Captain
2 Glory

4 Duress
4 Vindicate
4 Glorious Anthem
2 Pariah (nice with lynx or nomad+anthem or a combination of terminate and moment of silence)

4 Caves of Koilos
6 Swamp
13 Plains

SB:
4 Meekstone
3 Cremate
1 Aura Blast
2 Spurnmage Advocate
3 Mesmeric Fiend
2 Worship

T

Tabasco

...is that you need at least one big fattie as an alternate kill mechanism:

for example I have included a Morphling in my Donate/Illusions Deck, which has almost no creatures seeing as it is a combo deck rather than an aggressive deck, but I needed an alternate kill Mech. In case I couldn't pull off the Combo.

Not to Mention

1. She boosts all of your creatures(I've heard)
2. She's almost a game over as soon as she hits the table(flying)
3. She's Burn Proof

I don't know maybe she is the answer to some of your problems??