Poison Deck

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It seems sort of pointless to take the route your deck does though. With only eight poisonous creatures (none of which are Marsh Viper or anything), the death by poison is terribly slow, and even though you have evasion, they can just beat you down with damage long before the poison becomes lethal. You've got some removal and control elements, but so do your opponents. Or if they don't, they are probably playing a faster or entirely more potent deck than the one you listed...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Oversoul
What sort of stuff do you think they'd make? Would it be anything like the stuff we were working on earlier in the home made cards forum?
Heh, heck if I know. They didn't really give any hints... I'm thinking more efficient creatures and if they really wanted to support it, stuff like you were doing like adding spells that add or remove poison counters. You guys are the more creative ones so your cards covered a good spectrum of stuff :)

C

Captain Caveman

It looks like they have given us a creature base to work with so maybe the next two sets will support a poison theme. The foundation is there to toxify the creature so I'm hoping they give us the power to toxify the opponent.

Something like this would be interesting:

Toxifera Dementia
1GG
Enchantment
Whenever a snake deals combat damage to a player, that player
gets a poison counter.

;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I haven't been paying attention the new set (COK), which seems to contain several snakes, so I'm not sure how good that enchantment would be. :confused:

F

Force of Will Smith

typically snake decks explode with the help of sachi. And snakes are usually powerful enough to take off 10-12 damage from being unblockable.

I think they'd either die before they lost to poison counters, or at the same time.

Im interested to see new snakes...

also, is tangle asp worth running?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I wouldn't think so, Tangle Asp isn't very good. But I'm not familiar with the new snakes so I can't be positive...