Playing Magic Online

J

Jaws10387

Does anyone here have Apprentice? If you do send me a private message and we could play a game of magic.

F

Fire Slinger

I used to play Appr. but when I played, everybody would use net decks or turn 1 kill decks and the decks I played couldn't stand up to them, so I gave up and deleted it.

F

FoundationOfRancor

well when my and my friends play app we usually play MBC6

D

Duel

I have apprentice, but don't play too often, though my brother does.

I

Istanbul

I use Apprentice. And I pride myself on the fact that EVERY deck I make is my own creation. (Granted, this means that some of them are less powerful, but such is life.) Unfortunately, I do have more T1 decks than T2, but no Power Nine or anything like that.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
On Apprentice, when I've got the time anyway. Lately that's been in short supply...

My decks generally fall into 3 catagories. Existing actual decks, serious type play decks that include cards I don't actually own, and fun (non-killer) decks copied off of places like this site, and elsewhere on the net.

I can't say I've run into the "Winners" you found, Fire Slinger, though I have played some people who were excellent players and had tournament grade decks to play. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with it, but I think if you wanted to give it a try again you'd find plenty of people here that would be willing to play you, and I can almost guarantee they won't be packing Dojo decks. ;)

R

rkoelsch

I use it mostly for solitare goldfish type testing. At work i am behind a firewall which makes it difficult.

T

The Undertaker

Where do you get the Apprentice software? I normally play online with the Magic IE but it would be nice to play some different people.

I

Istanbul

So far, I've only played against theorgg and Chaos Turtle on Apprentice. Is this all we have, three Apprentice players?

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I've got Apprentice. Yay! :D
Now, all I have to do is figure out how to use it.... :mad:

A

Almindhra

I have appr...Just put my on your AIM list or see when I'm on the CPA and ask me to play...

M

manchot_13

I can sometimes have my arm twisted into playing on apprentice(but only for obscene sealed deck) i much prefer to play in chat on aim so i can use my cards.

T

The Undertaker

Curious, can you play more than one opponent at a time on Apprentice? I am trying to find something to play a two-headed giant format or a 3-player game. Any info that can be providede would be greatly appreciated.

G

Griffith_se

No, I'm pretty sure You can't. Check out Netdraft it might be close to what You want.

[Edited by Griffith_se on July 21st, 2000 at 09:03 AM]

U

uncle2frodo

I downloaded apprentice. How does the dang thing work? I played with it for a while, but it makes no sense to me. help.