Play MtoA

B

BigBlue

Train is being very gracious....

He had the same draw, and I think I got confused with all the radiance of the angels....

So, It is my fault, not his for the delay...

J

Jigglypuff

I'm going to give a little analysis of the game as I see it.

rkoelsch: Obviously in the best position, with a nigh-impenetrable defense and a huge flying monster ready to stomp all over people.

Jigglypuff: I'm dead. Nothing to talk about here.

Spidey: Amassing quite an impressive army, but still helpless against rkoelsch's flying offense. If he's packing burn, he might still have a chance.

Azrael: If he can keep the Wellwishers alive, he can stall long enough to find some sort of answer.

train: Æther Charge could be his MVP. If he's packing burn, he has a better chance than Spidey because of the extra damage from the Charge.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Draw... Done...

rkoelsch:
In play: 3-Plains,Plateau,Tundra,2-Island, Angelic (Wall1/5,flying),Angelic Wall(1/5,flying), Guiding Spirit(2/3,flying), ((Angel of Mercy(4/4,Flying), Radiant, Archangel(8/8,Flying)Angelic Voices
Hand: 2
Graveyard: Afterlife, Flooded Strand
Removed from Game: 0
Life: 22

Spidey:
In play: Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Dwarven Ruins, Rath's Edge, Dwarven Strike Force(4/3), Dwarven Recruiter(2/2), Dwarven Driller(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(S)
Hand: 3
Graveyard: Dwarven Soldier, Dwarven Miner, Dwarven Bloodboiler
Life: 16

Azreal:
In Play: 6 Forest, Elvish Warrior (2/3), Wellwisher (1/1), Wellwisher (1/1)
Hand: 1
Graveyard:Titania's Chosen, Llanowar Elf, Llanowar Elf, Elvish Champion, Skyshroud Poacher,
Taunting Elf, Wirewood Herald
Removed from Game:0
Life: 13

Train:
In play: Swp, Swp, Swp, Mtn, Mtn, Badlands, Avarax, Aether Charge, Spined Basher.
Hand: 4
Graveyard: Dark Ritual,Thoughtbound Primoc, Crater Hellion, Avarax, Dark Ritual.
Life: 14

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I thought more progress would have been made in the three days I wasn't here.

I needed to pack better dwarves... as it is, I think rkoelsch has this game.

R

rkoelsch

untap
draw
Attack Spidey with Radiant

rkoelsch:
In play: 3-Plains,Plateau,Tundra,2-Island, Angelic (Wall1/5,flying),Angelic Wall(1/5,flying), Guiding Spirit(2/3,flying), ((Angel of Mercy(4/4,Flying),(Attacking untapped) Radiant, Archangel(8/8,Flying)Angelic Voices

Spidey:
In play: Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Dwarven Ruins, Rath's Edge, Dwarven Strike Force(4/3), Dwarven Recruiter(2/2), Dwarven Driller(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(S)
Life: 16

Azreal:
Graveyard:Titania's Chosen, Llanowar Elf, Llanowar Elf, Elvish Champion, Skyshroud Poacher,

Train:
In play: Swp, Swp, Swp, Mtn, Mtn, Badlands, Avarax, Aether Charge, Spined Basher.
Graveyard: Dark Ritual,Thoughtbound Primoc, Crater Hellion, Avarax, Dark Ritual.

R

rkoelsch

Done then

I don't mean to be boastful but do we need to continue this?

rkoelsch:
In play: 3-Plains,Plateau,Tundra,2-Island, Angelic (Wall1/5,flying),Angelic Wall(1/5,flying), Guiding Spirit(2/3,flying), ((Angel of Mercy(4/4,Flying), Radiant, Archangel(8/8,Flying)Angelic Voices

Spidey:
Life: 8

Azreal:

Train:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-27-2003 07:30 AM

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, there's always a chance!

EOT, I Driller your Plateau.

rkoelsch:

Spidey:
In play: Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Mountain(T), Dwarven Ruins, Rath's Edge, Dwarven Strike Force(4/3), Dwarven Recruiter(2/2), Dwarven Driller(2/2)(T), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(S)

Azreal:

Train:

B

BigBlue

no response meaning you take 2 damage, or no response as in you lose your plateau?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you decide to take the 2 damage during resolution or when you say no response, does that mean the land gets destroyed? I don't have any responses either so the Driller is going to resolution...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, Draw, Attack Azreal with my two Vigilantes.

rkoelsch:
Life: 20

Spidey:
In play: Mountain, Mountain, Mountain, Dwarven Ruins, Rath's Edge, Dwarven Strike Force(4/3), Dwarven Recruiter(2/2), Dwarven Driller(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(T), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(T)

Azreal:

Train:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

In response I'll tap my 2 wellwishers and gain 6 life. and Block 1 vigilante with the Warrior.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See, I'm not sure about the etiquette in talking and trying to form an alliance and all so I didn't say anything, hoping Azreal might pick up on what I was trying to do. But since he didn't... I wonder if I should have attacked train and he would have picked up on it...

In any case, I'll have the unblocked Vigilante do his damage to the Elvish Warrior. Pretty much done for combat and my turn unless Azreal has more responses.

rkoelsch:
Life: 20

Spidey:
In play: Mountain, Mountain, Mountain, Dwarven Ruins, Rath's Edge, Dwarven Strike Force(4/3), Dwarven Recruiter(2/2), Dwarven Driller(2/2), Dwarven Vigilantes(2/2)(T)
Graveyard: Dwarven Soldier, Dwarven Miner, Dwarven Bloodboiler, Dwarven Vigilantes

Azreal:
In Play: 6 Forest, Wellwisher (1/1), Wellwisher (1/1)
Taunting Elf, Wirewood Herald, Elvish Warrior
Life: 19

Train:

R

rkoelsch

That's what you get for being sneaky, Spidey. ;) I wouldn't have had a problem with saying something like "don't block" without laying out the whole plan. It's FFA and in the past we(people I played with) never put limits on talking. Did we want to allow people to back up?

T

train

I'm not against allowing someone to back up... I guess it's majority consensus...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I wasn't sure if we should "talk" on the boards since there's the ability to PM and in real life no one's really going to leave the table to talk privately (at least, I don't think so).

I wasn't trying to be sneaky in the sense that I was trying to use my Vigilantes; I just didn't want to "overtalk" and influence someone's play when I wasn't certain (and of course I couldn't ask beforehand).

I don't think we ought to back up now that the plan is (mostly) out in the open. Besides, maybe the game will get over faster and I can improve my deck with better dwarfs :p