• Sega's Dreamcast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is the XBox going to upgradable? Because the recent issue of Computer Gaming World made a good point (I thought): in the next year or so, PC's will surpass what the XBox will offer and it will soon become outdated, the rate technology is advancing. Can the XBox keep up?

I guess the same could be said for all systems, so is this really a point to consider at all?

F

fuzzy510

Methinks that they won't be upgradable. Otherwise, PS2 wouldn't be here.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Spiderman
Is the XBox going to upgradable? Because the recent issue of Computer Gaming World made a good point (I thought): in the next year or so, PC's will surpass what the XBox will offer and it will soon become outdated, the rate technology is advancing. Can the XBox keep up?

I guess the same could be said for all systems, so is this really a point to consider at all?
There is going to be room for expandability. There is going to be a hard drive bay, with a 16GB hard drive packaged with the console. There is also a Ethernet adapter built in so you can use your broadband connection. I'm also pretty sure there are USB and serial ports on the system. But like all consoles, the internal hardware, such as the graphics chip and CPU are not upgradable. But it is still the most most powerful console seen and nonupgradablity allows for software stability. The graphics chip is modeled after the GeForce 3 chipset which is the most advanced chipset to date and the CPU is more than twice as fast as the PS2's(733MHz compared to PS2's 300MHz). This amount of power is pretty much all you need for the next few years since nothing really requires this much power.

M

MrClueless

I say Playstation 2. First of all, I don't know much about X-Box or GameCube... and also, Squaresoft makes games for PS2.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by MrClueless
I say Playstation 2. First of all, I don't know much about X-Box or GameCube... and also, Squaresoft makes games for PS2.
If you want information on the X-Box go to http://www.gamespot.com. It is probably the best videogame site out there. Also there are rumors that squaresoft will also be developing for the X-Box. So you might see Final Fantasy X for the X-box.

M

MrClueless

Originally posted by nodnarb24

If you want information on the X-Box go to http://www.gamespot.com. It is probably the best videogame site out there. Also there are rumors that squaresoft will also be developing for the X-Box. So you might see Final Fantasy X for the X-box.
Thanx, I'll check out that site. Also, rumors are after all just rumors. I heard that Squaresoft wasn't planning to release FF10 for the X-box anymore, just PS2.

F

fuzzy510

...where they revealed Xbox, FFX is unconfirmed, but likely for Xbox.

M

MrClueless

Anyone know of any good games that are going to be on X-box?

M

mogg bomber

http://cube.ign.com/

That's probably the best site for Gamecube right now. And a good X-Box site is at http://xbox.ign.com/
An interesting thing, Squaresoft could very well go to other platforms, and were actually asking Nintendo to have their games back on Nintendo systems again as well. Unfortunately, Nintendo is still holding a grudge against them right now, hopefully they'll change their minds though.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by MrClueless
When is gameboy advance coming out?
It was released in Japan last week. It will be released in the US on June 11, but you better reserve it now because Nintendo is going to release only 500,000 units on that date.

M

MrClueless

What is so special about GameBoy Advance anyways other than the fact that it has more colors?

M

mogg bomber

It's like a portable SNES, what's not to love? And it can play all the old gameboy games too. The launch titles don't look too exciting though, at least not to me(SMB2 is a good game, but why bring it back?).

F

fuzzy510

Another thing about GBA is that the cartridges are half the size. Now all of the old cartridges will stick out of the top.

M

MrClueless

That's cool. What about the projected cost? Will it cost the same about as when GB Color came out? More? Less?

H

Hetemti

Super Mario Brothers 2 was THE BEST of the mario series. Yoshi's island comes second. (Note in both you can grab things and throw 'em! :D)

Yes, the normal Mario fare is ok, but SMB2 was truly distinct...mostly due to the fact it was another game, Doki Doki Panik, with a graphics remix.

Nintendo had SMB.
Super Nintendo had SMW.
Game Boy had SML, which burns the eyes.
Ultra 64 had that GOD AWFUL M64.

We need something fresh, dang it!