Parallel Thoughts

N

Nightstalkers

apprentice is really easy... just get his IP and put in the deck.

R

Rooser

Yeah, apprentice is simple, dude. Anybody who's confused by it probably just hasn't realized that it doesn't enforce any rules, it simply allows you to simulate the manipulation of a deck of cards. Either that or you read rasko's game logs and think that there's no GUI where you can actually see the cards. Admittedly you'll need to fiddle around for a few minutes checking out what all the menus do so you know how you might recreate certain game mechanics, but it's really easy, point-click-and-drag kind of stuff.

M

Mikeymike

In that case I'll work on it this weekend. It will probably be Sunday, Rooser I'll shoot you a PM when I'm all set with it.
Either that or you read rasko's game logs and think that there's no GUI where you can actually see the cards.
Yup, that'd be me.

R

Rooser

I suppose I'd be up for a game in the games forum. Never done something like that before though.

N

Nightstalkers

GREAT! I'll play you on the forum :D:D:D:D

Just let us set the thread and you get to go first.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rooser: If you haven't been able to check it out, see some past threads of games in there to get a feel for what goes on. It's really just like playing in real life except you're trying to keep track of the game in text.

R

Rooser

And obviously you're running through a real deck in real life to keep track of your own stuff, you aren't just pretending like you drew X and Y.

Right?

T

train

I actually run through a deck...

Others use Apprentice to keep track of everything...

Apprentice is not allowed to be Downloaded here at work - but I'll have my own laptop, hopefully this fall... and then I can have it on there...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem with Apprentice is that it doesn't save game states, so each day my library is different after I take out what's in my hand, the graveyard, in play, etc... the common-knowledge stuff. But I guess the library is random anyway so it doesn't matter too much.

N

Nightstalkers

Hey, even I shuffle me deck before I play me next move in the forums. It keeps me from cheating, and if anyone has messed with the deck, I've just undone whatever they've done...

hopefully.