Old Video Games

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Crono trigger, such an amazing game, and dammit, what happened, the last nintendo Final Fantasy game released in the U.S. was III, didn't they use to own the rights to it, anyway Yellowjacket, Zelda a link to the past is a great game, i beat it not too long ago, after playing an hour a month. the best game for SNES would have to be FF II simply because it is two player

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ummm, I was actually talking about the arcade game. I don't remember an Atari version of it, but I'll take your word on it. My Atari time was somewhat limited (as I explained) but I think I somewhat made up for it with arcade/bar time... :cool:

Anybody else here remember the drag racing arcade game? That one was fun too!

I

Istanbul

No. Final Fantasy always belonged to SquareSoft. SquareSoft signed a deal with Nintendo to make Final Fantasy 1 - 6 for Nintendo systems. But Nintendo screwed SquareSoft over after 3, so SquareSoft said, 'Okay, we'll make our next game on the Playstation...Final Fantasy 7.'

Final Fantasy III is better than II, IMHO. Better mini-games, a less linear plotline, more secret stuff to find...

Oh, and Chrono Trigger and FFIV are slated to come out on the Playstation. Don't worry about getting one. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You might have mentioned it when the topics first came up in here, but what do you think of the XBox? Do you plan on getting one of those?

R

Riva Iron-Grip

some of the best games. god. lets see.

bubble bobble?
gauntlet(love that finding the exit was a pain)
mario(duh)
chronos trigger
the OLD final fantasies
double dragon
BATTLE TOADS. DUHDUHDUH. that game was the fuc**** best. damn, just doesn't get better that that.
there was one action/rpg game, that you were little people, and you had to make your way through the town, beating up people.
and actually, the last ff to game out in the us was 5&6. 4 didn't come out. sux. wellll, god, i loved the old nes. and snes. the games were original, and fun as hell to play. you just couldn't put it down. i would play with my dad, and wouldn't get the hell off. anyone else? it was fun.
God, i wish that i could get an old nes, and play all the old games. they were fun. i'm only 16, so, i didn't go through the atari. OH!!!. duh, duck hunt. that was fun too. with the dog, that would get your ducks. :) =) Ahhhhh.....Thank you for starting this thread

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Riva Iron-Grip

there was one action/rpg game, that you were little people, and you had to make your way through the town, beating up people.
Are you talking about River City Ransom? That game was awsome. I love my Snes and Nes, they are both still in working condition. Too bad the cartridges get dust in them and you have to blow on it to get the dust out every time you play.

I

Istanbul

The X-Box is going to *obliterate* the PS-2. Launch-date online play, hot titles...they're actually LISTENING to the game players (WotC, you listening?), built-in hard drive...very impressive. Oh, and they've *committed* to not costing more than the PS-2.

River City Ransom was amazing. But DO NOT blow in your old carts. Buy a cleaning kit.

The contacts in old games are made from copper. Blowing on them actually accelerates the oxidization that can kill games outright. It's a quick fix, but it's worse for the games in the long run.

B

Baskil

River City Ransom was the best game on the NES, period. God that game was so much fun.

T

theorgg

Instead of a cleaning kit, use alcohol and a Q-tip.

It's the same thing a cleaning kit uses, just not as hard to find in stores.

Cleaning your old NES is still a pain, though.