oh my GOD , The pictures of the dead and captured American troops!! (inter to SEE!!)

D

DÛke

Lotus Mox:

weird how 99% of the humans think they belong to the 1%
...you're killing me. :) :D

What's weirder is how Americans think they belong to humanity. Someone should tell them that the Zoo is over there, behind us...

"Monkey no obey U.N. law because monkey want bannnananananaa to sit on..."

T

train

What's weirder is how Americans think they belong to humanity.
We've done more than Iraq or any other country ever has for humanitarian aid...

So we don't belong to it... we grace it with our presence...;)

Z

Zhaneel

:rolleyes:

We're so humane... "Ooh, let's go shoot up Iraq! They got oil! ooh, and a dictator... 50 points if you can hit him!"

T

train

I'd offer at most 25 points for saddam...

50 is usually the mouse scurrying across the corral trying not to get trampled on by the cattle...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Moss
I will just make a few points to help you out get a better grasp of
the situation.
Did you know that this 12 years of UN imposed sanctions have
killed more iraqis, mainly children, from famine and disenteria?
Let's extend this a bit. How many Kuwaitis were killed in the Iraq invasion and occupation? How many Kurds were killed after?

And who says it was the sanctions? As far as I know, Saddam was allowed to sell oil for humanitarian aid. Where has it gone? Why wasn't it distributed to the people?

Funny how Saddam can build oodles of palaces and homes, yet the rest of his country is apparently starving or disease-riddled.

Iraq has the second biggest oil reserves in the planet, iraqi oil
costs 2 USD per barrel and is one with the least impurities. Also
getting control of iraq by installing a puppet goverment
introduces a splinter in OPEC, an organisation or more a cartel
that is controlling oil prices and is annoying US very much. (check
the oil crisis in the 1970s...)
Where are you getting that price from? And how does it cause a splinter in OPEC, when I imagine OPEC would either overrule Iraq or kick it out (and it's not really annoying the US, as there hasn't been an outcry when oil reached $40 per barrel in the months preceding the war).

They could never have had the potential to threaten
anybody, not after 1991 and with the majority of the iraqi military
destroyed.
False, what and who do you think put down the Shiite Basra rebellion in 1991? And what do you think is fighting the coalition forces now?

You believe in democracy. The united nations, and its extension
the security council were democratic organisations that did not
support this invasion. Did Bush and Blair listen? No to support
their own agenda they went ahead illegaly on their own on a
campaign that has alieanted US and UK from his allies. When
most of the European states are against the war and only Spain
and UK go for it and express differently, what do you think this
does to European cohesion?
This I agree with, they shouldn't have gone to war if they didn't get UN support. But what does European cohesion have to do with this? It's pretty irrelevant.

There is no war that does not harm civilians. All this smart
weapons, well, they are not that smart to differentiate between
soldiers and civilians, they are just smart in killing more
effectively. The fact that they say very few civilians are being hurt
is complete nonsense. when you bomb from 30.000 feet, you do
not know where the bomb will fall. Bahdad is a city of 5.000.000
people, you still think very few civilians are being hurt?
What are you talking about? Bombs don't just "fall" now, they are guided to their destination. Considering the amount of explosives "dropped" on Iraq, the civilian casualties are VERY low, and if all the missiles actually were on target, they would have been even lower.

hope I have given you enough
good reasons why this war is not for liberation of freedom, but
for control of Oil reserves.
You've given rather zip about why it's for oil. Just one paragraph and a small one at that.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Zhaneel: We're so humane... "Ooh, let's go shoot up Iraq! They got oil! ooh, and a dictator... 50 points if you can hit him!"
There are two extreme viewpoints that are totally irritating:

1: The cavalier attitude about the war being one big bomb party

2: The idea that warring against anyone, for any reason, regardless of tyranny, is far worse than the initial atrocity that provoked it.

One is totally inhumane, the other will serve as a safety net for the inhumane. I don't like the

E

EricBess

Moss, where are you collecting this drivel? Okay, so what Ferrit said may or may not be filled with contradictions, but the one thing he said about misinformation is totally solid (potentially barring the single word "left-wing").

Do you honestly think, Moss, that with as large as the media is in this country that the government could possibly control it? If it weren't for the competing factions, I would say it is much more likely for the media to be controlling the government. "Tommorrow Never Dies" may not have bee the best Bond movie ever, but it's concept is not near so far-fetched as you might think.

And what's with the pointless name-dropping? Robin Cook? Do you know who that is? The only Robin Cook I know is an author and a medical doctor. He wrote Coma. I've read all of his books. Have you? If he actually said that, I'll tell you right now that it's been taken out of context and twisted for this use. If anyone knows the dangers of chemical warfare, it's Robin Cook. He was more likely commenting on the fact that we armed them in the first place. Although I could see him saying something along the lines of the danger being more immenant internally than from an outside nation. Regardless, you don't even comment who he is and you expect it to hold weight?

Where are you from, how old are you, and where are you getting your information from? You are a bit confused, my friend.

Oh, and as far as what Sadam does and doesn't have, he didn't have the missiles that he's been dropping over Kiwait (sp?) either...

L

Lotus Mox

And what's with the pointless name-dropping? Robin Cook? Do you know who that is? The only Robin Cook I know is an author and a medical doctor. He wrote Coma. I've read all of his books. Have you? If he actually said that, I'll tell you right now that it's been taken out of context and twisted for this use. If anyone knows the dangers of chemical warfare, it's Robin Cook. He was more likely commenting on the fact that we armed them in the first place. Although I could see him saying something along the lines of the danger being more immenant internally than from an outside nation. Regardless, you don't even comment who he is and you expect it to hold weight?
I think he meant that one Labour guy in the British parliament, who's called Robert Cook IIRC. He was the fraction chief (I don't know how that's really called in English, heh) of the Labour party, but resigned because of Blair being so pro-war.

Oh, and as far as what Sadam does and doesn't have, he didn't have the missiles that he's been dropping over Kiwait (sp?) either...
I'm not sure how true that is, but I heard that they were some of the ones which Blix ordered to destroy shortly before the war began.
US officials at least said that it weren't scuds (what was suspected at first) but something else.