nuke deck

M

MrPapersHead

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................
Actually he was in Arabian Nights, and then he was reprinted in 8th. So pick any format you want, and he is there.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Right, I mean he's in Arabian Nights. I didn't know he was also in 8th. But no, he's not in any format you want. He is not in old Standard where 6th edition was the core set...

R

Rooser

I would like to push this thread forward without actually offering a decklist yet. I offer decklists way too often, and now that the voting public has deemed my decklists to be made of solid gold, I don't think I should just be giving them out like sweet candy anymore, (Not even on Halloween!:mad: )

Also, I think it's funny that you guys responded to the call of old Type II with the comment, "Oh yeah, now we're in my territory! January 2000 was when I started playing!" Wouldn't that mean that we're not in your territory at all, because that would be when you were at your most scrubby? I started playing in late 1999, and started playing with my own cards in mid 2001, but I would say that I'm the most skilled at the current Type II environment because right now I'm a better and more informed player than I've ever been.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, actually, I started in 1997, so I wasn't quite so scrubby by 2000 (although I still kinda was).

It's more a familiarity with the cards from those sets for me. I don't know what a Mistform anything is, but I know all about the rebels and mercenaries. I can't speak for anyone else in this regard though...

R

Rooser

Yeah, I was actually pointing more toward 13Nova with that comment.

but anyway .... deck lists?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I posted one earlier on this page, but I haven't looked into it after posting. The mana base is fairly generic for a W/R deck and might benefit from some tweaking. Also I never tested the deck at all, but I think it's a start...

R

Rooser

Sorry, somehow I spaced on it. I think it has too much land destruction - you don't need 4 Geddon, 2 Disaster, and then 2 Catastrophe to be backed up by 4 Stone Rain and 4 Pillage. WE can lose the singular LD and just stick with the global LD. Also, I think Ghitu Encampment would be really good here. We also might want more win condition/early utility creatures to get in the way. Unfortunately we're missing good ol' Serra Angel. What other solid white or red win conditions exist? Also, how good is Masticore in a deck that blows up all the lands?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, there might not be Serra Angel, but there is Opal Archangel, although it is rather situational...

I think the LD should be cut down too.

For Masticore, one doesn't typically need all that many lands so he might still be okay in the deck.

M

mythosx

I got one card that will knock your socks off for red....

MOUNTAIN GOAT!!!!!