Nominations for Urza's Legacy Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Not to mention, Repopulate totally hoses Living Death.

I've had some trouble narrowing down my choices, however, two deck builders and a creature came to my mind, Pyromancy, Second Chance, and Mother of Runes. Even though my group has always had a fondness for Second Chance, oftentimes with hilarious results, trying for an infinite turn combo isn't quite as casual as trying to fling a Polar Kraken at someone, so it comes down to Pyromancy v. Mother of Runes. Mother of Runes is quite good, but I feel it is still casual because it is essentially a card that protects creatures and encourages actual combat phases and other neat tricks. Still, probably not as casual as pitching a Degree of Annihilation at someone. I nominate Pyromancy.

T

train

Chances are really good a green or artifact card will get this one...

T

train

"I think Moosie had some bad berries again... he's losing it..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Come on, Beebles? What is more casual that that? Also, Blue is the best color ever, well, at least before WoTC started to hate it........ ;)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Erm, Youngbeard? Goblin Gardiner is Urza's Destiny, I think. It's not your fault though - Gatherer appears to have a bug where when you search for Legacy cards it gives you Destiny cards, and vice-versa...Just switch your search criteria, and try again...:)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
TomB said:
Erm, Youngbeard? Goblin Gardiner is Urza's Destiny, I think. It's not your fault though - Gatherer appears to have a bug where when you search for Legacy cards it gives you Destiny cards, and vice-versa...Just switch your search criteria, and try again...:)
Or try www.essentialmagic.com.... :D

G

Gizmo

Deranged Hermit, surely. Yes it's a powerful card but it's been used in some really bad decks as well, and its SQUIRRELS! Come on, it launched a whole obsession with Squirrel decks for casual play...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, I noticed it when I had to do some updates to the database for Magic Suitcase... I'm guessing no one has told WOTC yet? :)

Final Nominations:

Beast of Burden - orgg
Quicksilver Amulet - Ransac
Deranged Hermit - Limited, Gizmo
Defense of the Heart - Oversoul
Weatherseed Treefolk - train
Bouncing Beebles - Mooseman
Repopulate - TomB
Pyromancy - Melkor

Closed for voting

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's some heated debate among the committee and I'm going to be off tomorrow, so maybe we'll pick a card on Monday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.