Nominations for Urza's Legacy Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

orgg

Beast of Burden.

I've gotten many a'mile outta the original BoB.

I once got him to be a 13,013/13,013 creature. Slack-Tastic!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was going to vote for Simian Grunts..... but I just nominated Ravenous Baboons in Exodus. I'll not go the monkey route again so soon.

I'll nominate Quicksilver Amulet. Timmy, Power Gamer had come out in Unglued less than year prior to this set and it immediately made me think of "EASY WAYS TO GET MY SPIRIT OF THE NIGHT OUT!!!!!!!!"

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I know its 'too good to be casual', but I have to nominate Deranged Hermit.

The name, the flavor, the art.. I think its still a casual card at heart, but unfortunately was abused a lot during tournaments ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Defense of the Heart: I've yet to meet a player that disliked this card. Even when it's about to fetch two of my opponent's scariest creatures and I have no real defenses, I'm all, "Dude, that card rules."

L

Limited

I dislike that card!
Seriously, searching your library for two creatures and putting them into play is just sooo nasty..
I don't care which creatures you fetch, I'm always wondering why someone would put such a all-or-nothing card in their deck.

Melkor

The first thing I did after Legacy came out was put together a Defense of the Heart deck. It's casual credentials are up to snuff, good nomination. Rancor may be too good and too specific, but I think it makes all sorts of green beatdown decks a lot better, and green beatdown decks are almost always casual because they can't actually win tournaments. I'm going to delay on my nomination for the moment, but I will say that Legacy was a very good set, lots of good commons and uncommons, and very few useless rares.

T

train

Weatherseed Treefolk....

He's a fattie... with stompy.. and returny... for only 5 mana...

Not cheap - not too expensive..

And he keeps going, and going and going... And I don't just mean through trample...

T

train

Can we do more than one nomination?...

(I mean - are there rules against it or something?)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
train said:
Can we do more than one nomination?...

(I mean - are there rules against it or something?)
I believe that only one nomination per person, but you can suggest cards for others to nominate.

O

orgg

I'm supprised someone hasn't nominated Simian Grunts after Ransac mentioned it...

I've loved playing "Grunt with Buyback" or "Grunt without Buyback" several times during Highschool.

...in Oddyssey, "Ambush with Buyback" or "Ambush without Buyback" didn't feel the same. Dropping an ape on someone's head is funnier and more satisfying than dropping an elephant on them.

Odd how that works.

T

train

It's easier to monkey around... than put up with all that bull (elephant) crap-ola...

L

Limited

Simian Grunts is a brilliant card indeed.. but I already nominated the Hermit

Come on, Squirrel tokens!

T

train

Molten Hydra is the only other one I think really looks casual...

but I'll stick with the treefolk...

T

train

I thought about repopulate - but I didn't see it as more casual than the treefolk or the hydra...

Status
Not open for further replies.