Nominations for Fallen Empires Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Limited

I'll have to second the nomination for Thrull Champion.. he is, after all, a Champion.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, see what happens when I'm not here... :)

Actually, the nomination for this card AND the committee member could go on at the same time. This would be the last card orgg votes on as part of the committee. That's what happened during the last nomination process when I was replaced - the committee nomination and the nomination for the casual card for whatever expansion (I think Legends) occurred at the same time.

But, whatever works for the current committee :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Then I'm a little confused about our guidelines. The way they're laid out, it appears that the order goes like this:

Week1: Nominate Members
Week2: Elect Member
Week3: Nominate Cards
Week4: Committee Selects cards
~repeat~

That's the way I always interpreted it. But, perhaps I'm looking at them too strictly?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, it's more like

Week1: Nominate Members, Nominate Cards
Week2: Elect Member, Committee Selects Cards
Week3: Nominate Cards
Week4: Committee Selects cards
~repeat~

'Cause otherwise we'd only do 12-13 cards a year. Doing a card every two weeks just speeds it up.

I nominate Thallid Devourer, because he's the best Thallid as he can create Saprolings & pump himself up.

B

BigBlue

Oversoul said:
It was a typo. No need to growl about it.

And I hadn't known that they were lizardmen in D&D. They are actually cavemen (also Pan troglodytes is the species name of the common chimpanzee).

But that still doesn't explain them being a candidate for BigBlue's favorite insect...
<Blush>

Especially since I meant Trilobites... not lizardmen... That's what I get for typing in a hurry and not proofreading...

Trilobites

turgy22

Nothing Special
BigBlue said:
<Blush>

Especially since I meant Trilobites... not lizardmen... That's what I get for typing in a hurry and not proofreading...

Trilobites
LOL. I thought that was what you meant at first, too. But when I went on google to get an image of a trilobite, all the troglodyte stuff came up, so I just assumed that was what you meant. In retrospect, "well, maybe if Troglodytes were around in my lifetime..." doesn't really make much sense at all.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
D

DarthFerret

What Spiderman must realize, is that without a Fungal Bloom, your Thallid Devourer is nothing more than a topping on a pizza!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
<Blush>

Trilobites
I actually thought you might have meant trilobites, but I wasn't sure enough to say, "Hey, don't you mean trilobites." So I just figured I'd make you explain for yourself and see if I was right--I am a bad person. :eek:

B

BigBlue

Nah Oversoul... you aren't a bad person... a bit of a troglodyte maybe... but not a bad person... :D

I do that a lot... mean one thing and the neurons misfire and I say or write the wrong thing... Freudian Slip or whatever... they tend to make me look a fool - hell, I am a fool - a fool for thinking I'm not... but anyways...

Thelonite Monk - This creature epitomizes casual to me. Not that these other creatures and enchantments aren't casual - though some of them are imho beyond casual... You have a cool piece of art - the first Praying Mantis on a card. And you have a praying mantis posing as a Monk. He must be the master ("Ah so grasshopper!"), since the Mantis preys on the weak grasshopper for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And finally, since this is still all about a card from a game - the ability screams useful to the forest mage. Other than the expensive but cool Gaea's Liege, he was the only way to grant forests in a mono-green deck.

You want to cast your next green monster, but your opponent has 2 untapped Islands? Use your monk to make one of them a forest - attack with reckless abandon with your forestwalking army... then go ahead and cast your beast - Counterspell free because he only has 1 island now... it's even better if you can get him to float that blue mana in hopes to counter you - force him to take some mana burn by attacking first... That is casual green...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Since probably no one else will mention it, I feel compelled to note that trilobites are classified in a separate subphylum from insects.

B

BigBlue

Ahhh yes.... technicality of technicality... only because they predate most insects... they are close cousins.... :D (even closer in the Ozarks)...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DarthFerret said:
What Spiderman must realize, is that without a Fungal Bloom, your Thallid Devourer is nothing more than a topping on a pizza!
Well, I don't know about that. After all, the Devourer gets his own counters while the Bloom depends on a creature in play...

But the Bloom is a good card. I just wanted to widen the nominating pool :)

Ferret

Staff member
Now, as much as I love Thallid decks, all of the Tallids (and Elvish Farmer) and great cards with some amazing synergy), I think that none of them are any good w/o Fungal Bloom. If you throw some mana acceleration in your deck, you could use your Bloom to pump out saprolings, or even to cause direct damage w/ a Thorn Tallid (or Thallid Thooter, as we used to call it).... It gets my vote!

-Ferret

"Sure, they cost a lot of mana, but that's what mana is for!"

O

orgg

Two-to-One, Thrull Champion nudges out Feral Bloom and is declaired the Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.