Nominations for Fallen Empires Casual Card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sorry it's a little late. too much travel for me.

Nominations will close on Monday, 5/29 at 7:00am EST..... or whenever Spiderman or Theorgg get on that day to close it.

Mooseman or BigBlue: You guys up to compiling another list for us?

Ransac, cpa trash man

EDITED: Ransac is a monkey and his brain needs to not explode anymore.

Killer Joe

Goblin War Drums

Why? I've never played it, no one I know has ever played it, it seems like a good ability especially with creatures like the Basilisk that destroys creatures that block it, especially if it has a Lure on it! :eek: Zoiks!

B

BigBlue

As someone named BigBlue... and who loves playing blue... I think it's about time I nominated an actual Blue Card...

However... not quite yet... my favorite insect of all time is the Praying Mantis (well, maybe if Troglodytes were around in my lifetime...)... So, I have to pick one of my favorite pictures... And the ability doesn't suck either for your forestwalking horde...

Thelonite Monk

Here's the list...

White

Combat Medic
Farrel’s Mantle
Farrel’s Zealot
Farrelite Priest
Hand of Justice
Heroism
Icatian Infantry
Icatian Javelineers
Icatian Lieutenant
Icatian Moneychanger
Icatian Phalanx
Icatian Priest
Icatian Scout
Icatian Skirmishers
Icatian Town
Order of Leitbur

Blue

Deep Spawn
High Tide
Homarid
Homarid Shaman
Homarid Spawning Bed
Homarid Warrior
Merseine
River Merfolk
Seasinger
Svyelunite Priest
Tidal Flats
Tidal Influence
Vodalian Knights
Vodalian Mage
Vodalian Soldiers
Vodalian War Machine

Black

Armor Thrull
Basal Thrull
Breeding Pit
Derelor
Ebon Praetor
Hymn to Tourach
Initiates of the Ebon Hand
Mindstab Thrull
Necrite
Order of the Ebon Hand
Soul Exchange
Thrull Champion
Thrull Retainer
Thrull Wizard
Tourach’s Chant
Tourach’s Gate

Red

Brassclaw Orcs
Dwarven Armorer
Dwarven Catapult
Dwarven Lieutenant
Dwarven Soldier
Goblin Chirurgeon
Goblin Flotilla
Goblin Grenade
Goblin Kites
Goblin War Drums
Goblin Warrens
Orcish Captain
Orcish Spy
Orcish Veteran
Orgg
Raiding Party

Green

Elven Fortress
Elvish Farmer
Elvish Hunter
Elvish Scout
Feral Thallid
Fungal Bloom
Night Soil
Spore Cloud
Spore Flower
Thallid
Thallid Devourer
Thelon’s Chant
Thelon’s Curse
Thelonite Druid
Thelonite Monk
Thorn Thallid

Artifact

Aeolipile
Balm of Restoration
Conch Horn
Delif’s Cone
Delif’s Cube
Draconian Cylix
Elven Lyre
Implements of Sacrifice
Ring of Renewal
Spirit Shield
Zelyon Sword

D

DarthFerret

I nominate Fungal Bloom. Why? Because it is the first card to power up a token deck, and it is one of the first cards to drag a game to a halt. (I did this once in a tournament when I faced a goblin deck, while playing my Thalid deck!). Token decks just seem to scream out, CASUAL!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Killer Joe said:
Goblin War Drums

Why? I've never played it, no one I know has ever played it, it seems like a good ability especially with creatures like the Basilisk that destroys creatures that block it, especially if it has a Lure on it! :eek: Zoiks!
I used to play with Goblin War Drums in a goblin deck. The main point was that if my opponent only had one creature in play, he couldn't block. If he had more than one, he could only block half as many of my goblins as usual. If you're playing Lure on a basilisk, I don't see why you'd need the war drums at all.

Anyway, there's a couple cards I'd like to nominate here, but I'm going to go with Ebon Praetor. It's big (5/5 for 6), has trample and first strike, and also has a really weird, flavorful ability. Finally, the art features a giant bunny and an imp (I think) holding a thrull (I think) before the praetor in some sort of trial. The important part of that is GIANT BUNNY!!!! It doesn't make any sense! That is so casual.

O

orgg

Well, I hadn't created this thread because I thought we were going to vote on who replaces me on the councel before this.

As I'm not going to be on this councel, I'll nominate a favorite card from Fallen Empires.

Thrull Champion. He's what a Casual "Lord" should be-- He gives himself the bonus, but isn't worth the price if you don't play him with his 'Tribe.' He has an ability that fits with the flavor of a Thrull rebelling against his masters, as he's rallying the other thrulls to join him, including your opponents' thrulls. He's also very flavorful, with his banner and axe hefted high to slay again and again.

He's the first Lord creature that wasn't undercosted, wasn't overcosted, and worked very well with more than one.

Thrull Champion-- The 'well done' Thrull Lord.

I would nominate Myself, but I don't believe that you should be able to vote for yourself. I'll let someone else do that for me. :D

turgy22

Nothing Special
orgg said:
I would nominate Myself, but I don't believe that you should be able to vote for yourself. I'll let someone else do that for me. :D
Hehe. I was thinking about nominating "you" but IMO, the only real impact Orgg has made in casual circles is being your namesake. So I went with the giant bunny card. GIANT BUNNY!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
my favorite insect of all time is the Praying Mantis (well, maybe if Troglodytes were around in my lifetime...)
Troglodytes? :confused:

Anyway, I nominate Order of the Ebon Hand. Black already had excellent creatures in the form of Hypnotic Specter and Black Knight, but there was plenty of room for another and Order of the Ebon Hand was the perfect choice. A pumpable first striker is superb for both attacking and blocking. Protection from white is the icing on the cake. It helped made playing monoblack worthwhile.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It was a typo. No need to growl about it.

And I hadn't known that they were lizardmen in D&D. They are actually cavemen (also Pan troglodytes is the species name of the common chimpanzee).

But that still doesn't explain them being a candidate for BigBlue's favorite insect...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll nominate Orcish Spy, mostly for old times sake, as I had used them once in a casual red/green deck along with Sylvan Library, that used Millstone to get rid of the good stuff coming up for my opponent, or the chaff on MY topdeck...;)

L

Lythand

Breeding pit. One of the very first cards I actually saw a combo with..used him with my Lord of the pit..and thought I was gonna win magic tourneys left and right..boy did I get schooled..:)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul, you did not respond in the form of a question. Therefore, you are forbidden from nominating any "Non-Thallid" cards.

:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Status
Not open for further replies.