Newsflash! Planeshift Land Spoiler!

G

Gizmo

I think they are all terrible, from a constructed point of view. In fact they are all terrible from a Limited point of view as well.

I

Istanbul

I gotta agree with Gizmo on this one. Forsaken City is wretched, unless you can find some way to get a major advantage from an empty hand. Meteor Crater is inferior in 5CG, multicolor, and pretty much every other deck.

Terminal Moraine is *marginally* playable as a suitable substitute for Harrow, but it's still fairly bad. At least it still produces colorless mana.

D

Duel

I think you are mistaken, there. The moraine is eminently playable. Any non-green deck can use one.

C

Cateran Emperor

That was a rather large amount of spam...

I never would have thought of the Rising Waters trick with Forbidden City, but that still doesn't give me very many uses for it.all of my 3+ color decks would rather use City for my silly tricks.

D

DÛke

...I think I know who I'm votin' for the "spam" award for this year...

Anyway, I don't think the Terminal Moraine is THAT bad. It does help you smoothen out the mana base a little bit. It could be used, but not much...but still...I'll try it.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm just trying to work with what they give me.

Oh, and Terminal (?) Moraine doesn't make much sense as a name, IMHO. Am I missing something?

C

Cateran Emperor

Terminal basically means fatal. The moraine's going to be destroyed. Guess that explains the sac thing.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Oh no, save the nice glacier before it drops dead! NOT the image I think they were going for.

But if this were Pokémon, it would be called "Fainting-Prone Moraine", and the picture would be of a glacier with a smilie face. ;)

D

Duel

[me] wonders if Duke was referring to him or Chaos turtle[/me]

HE started it!

Anyways, I think moraine is a definatel addition to any non-green deck. It's almost a dual land. More like one of those search-lands from tempest, only a little worse.

I

Istanbul

I think you mean Mirage search-land. And let's remember how much THOSE got used outside of Survival decks...and this new one can't fetch duals.

I'm not saying it's horrible. I'm saying it's not good, and any deck that needs it (5CG) doesn't need it (Birds, Fertile Ground, Harrow, etc.)

C

Chaos Turtle

I think opposing-color strategies could use this land quite well.

T

Turtlewax Joe

This is the best forum I've read in a long time!
and on the land subject...I'm not going to use any of them.:p

what to do about ''spam''...This practicly is a chat room!;)

C

Chaos Turtle

Where do you see spam?

Not here, surely!

Not in the CPA!

That's... that's... preposterous!

D

Duel

Yeah, especially with such dignified members.

"You can't spell 'immature' without 'mature'"

D

Duel

Sarcarsm? Nooo.
We don't have "Sarcasm" here.
Why, I haven't seen "Sarcasm" in aaages.....

D

Deadman

It's MUCH better then the Mirage search lands.
The Mirage search lands all came into play tapped and couldn't produce generic mana.
Where as this one DOES produce mana, DOESN'T come into play tapped AND can search for ANY basic land.
It's not exactly a powerhouse, but it does have it's uses.

D

Duel

No, a little worse. Mirage lands cost nothing to use. THat's a huge thing, if you ony draw one or two lands.