New RPG sign-up board...

R

Rando

OK...city adventure it is.

So, we did the magnificent water-front city of Radafel the last time, so on to a new city.

This one will be called Kaelenton, named after famed Antheerian general Kaelen, who founded a wilderness fort where this city now stands.

It is in the heart of the great Antheerian Empire, and as such is goverened by a Lord apointed by the Emporer.

The city it'self is set up like a huge, 4 teired circular pyramid, with seperate, walled wards. If seen from above, the city would apear as 4 circles inside of each other. Since it is built on a very large, round hill, it apears as a stepped pyramid when viewed from the ground.

Each ward has 2 gates, one on the south and one on the north. One street runs through all of these gates from the north side to south, in and out of the city. At night, to help cut down on crime, the gates are closed. Seperate streets also run in half-circles through the wards.

The first and largest ward, called in fact the First Ward, is the residential area for the bulk of Kaelenton's population, the middle and lower classes of laborers and merchants. You will also find a few small or seedy taverns and dens of ill-repute here.

The second ward is the Merchants Ward, where you will find Kaelenton's shops, inns and guild-halls.

The third ward is the Nobbleman's Circle, where the titled and wealthy reside.

The top-most ward is the Crown Ward. Here you will find the Lord's mannor house, the courts and jails, and the garrison of Antherian soldiers. Here also is the Temple of Braith. This is the only church in the entire town, since the worship of the goddess Braith is the state religion of Antheer.

So sign up if you wish to play! Also, if you have a character in mind, that would be nice too if you would describe him/her.

We will be running on the Make-It-Up-As-You-Go system, but recall that I get veto power if you do something that I think is too powerfull or outlandish. Makes me wish I had admin capabilities just for the RPG's.

E

EricBess

I'm in. I need to give some thought to what type of character I want to play though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I will offer to be on "stand-by"; that is, if you need more people I'll play but if you get enough, I'll wait until someone "drops" out.

R

Rebrouge

I guess I'll go on this feeble mission. I must satisfy the beast within me. I must ascend. The force upon me I can't handle. It is what leads me into these easy missions. Don't think of me as a lad, please, you have yet to see the "aid" I bring.

My powers are abnormally powerful, yet the curse has fully engulfed me. It is fully inside my soul. This curse is said to have no cure, or at least, I never have heard any wise words about such cure. It is the blood of the living I desire the most, for it replenishes all that energy I seem to waste superfluously. The amounts I lose doing the simplest activities is insane, but it's true. This curse made blood a best friend of mine. Please, don't stare me that way; I don't like it.

If you need to know more about me, my past, my abilities, and my skills, please, don't let my strange temptations stop you, ask me anyway...

S

sageridder

Bah pay that braggart Rebrouge no mind.He issssss just a vagabond thief,that hasss ssstolen MY necklace.Tisssss no matter tho keep it and the unraveling of your mind and sssssoul that go with it rebrouge.The only place you can be trusted to be honorable is in battle fortunately that issss alssso the only place you long to be. :p

***Fair bard Rando as always you can count on my oath of steel and fire.:)My boy Snake has been working out for the last year, I will pm you with stats.***

R

Rebrouge

Snake...Snake...Snake...<sigh>

I have always admired your bravery, unfourtantly, it soon shall meet its end. You will meet your creator, that is, if you believe in your God. Time will tell you more.

Keep my words burning in your twisted mind, Snake.

Melkor

I wish to return to this land of mystery and magic. Who I will be is yet to be determined. Ridal A'Bornia my previous incarnation is by now an insane shell of his former self, and with Rebrouge the way he is, we don't need anyone else styling themselves a god. So I will play someone different if I can join.

S

sageridder

Well then perhapsssss after thisss noble cause has been won
we shall meet on the field of personal combat.It would bring me pleassssure to relive an old friend of all the pain thissss mortal coil.And with this we begin.
"So shall you hear of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts, of accidental judgements, casual slaughters, of deaths put on by cunning and forced cause; and, in this upshot, purposes mistook fall'n on th' inventors' heads."

**Stolen from hamlet by William Shakespeare***

L

Landkiller

Count me in.

As for my character choice, I have the personality and basic abilities somewhat decided.

Name - Ezkal, Leon
My character works as a fugitive tracker for a government. He is age 24, and a police detective on special assignment. Has some spell abilities, in addition to combat training, and has innate ice elemental affinity(due to status as an unknown non-human race).

Although Leon is human in size and shape, his body temperature is ranges from about 30-40 degrees normally. Skin is pale white, hair is pale blue. Always breathes frost. Blue eyes. His blood freezes within a few seconds when exposed to open air, and remains frozen for a half-hour.

Wealthy, yet cheap. Rubs most people the wrong way. Never emotional. If advanced technology is available, will use it. Devoted to his work, he rarely thinks of anything else.
Very intelligent.

R

Rebrouge

Silence, Melkor! I do not style myself as a "god" of any sort. I don't have the power to be such a repulsive form, nor do I want to be one. I have suffered more than you can ever handle, and only now I realize it. All the pains, the tragedies, the - the misery - this life has brought onto me - all of it - all is because of people who dare not keep their darkness into themselves. Look at me! Just take a look here...you see a soul of darkness itself right before your eyes. That is me. I was not born that way, nor did I ever intend for destiny to lead me this bleak road...but the people themselves...the waste of this...this life - THAT is the source of darkness, and I suffer because of it. It is time for payback. I have kept the beast within far too long...

E

EricBess

Oh, quit your whining and get some self respect for crying out loud...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mean to state the obvious, but for those who weren't on MTGNews, has Rebrouge turned into a vampire or other similiar "denizen of the night"?

R

Rando

I can't even begin to descibe what Rebrouge is.

The best I can think of is that he's some kind of telepath/telekinetic, and every time he uses his powers, he develops wounds and loses blood...I think.

And, I hate to already rain on someone's parade, but, Landkiller...I'm going to have to ask for something a little more down to earth then white skinned, blue haired frost breathing guy.

Also, your characters from the last game may be played. Makes me no never-mind.

R

rkoelsch

I know I will regret this but can Roland Dodo join this motley crew.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Once again, I shall be Casnar, the midget mage. However, I would like to officially get killed in this RPG and in everyone hereafter, like an RPG Kenny.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DÛke

Rebrouge has powerful telepathy and weak telekinesis. His telepathy could be so powerful sometimes, he is even able to control hunderds of people in the same time. His telekinesis is weak; he uses it to redirect weak spells that target him, and maybe focus one of his own knife-shots.

Rebrouge may be immortal, but that's no sure fact. He died 2 times in his life. In his first death, he was "reborn", but the cost of this revival was his mother; she died instantly upon Rebrouge's revival. In his second death, Rebrouge was also revived, this time, the cost was his only friend. If Rebrouge's dies 1 more time, it could either be his assured death, or someone else's...but the way Rebrouge is, not many really like him. His death just maybe definite this time...

The other thing with Rebrouge is upon his 2 deaths, he kinda "adapted" the souls of those he loved that were "sacrificed" for his revival: his mother and his only friend. He has the innocent, caring soul of his mother...and the evil, blood-hungry habits of his friend. He sometimes loses partial control of himself, and does things he'd never really do: like helping people, and caring about the weak and the needy. Sometimes, he also enters these stages of incredible rage, filled with hate and destruction. These souls seem to live inside Rebrouge, and even Rebrouge doesn't know when they take over and when he's himself.

Rebrouge's body is not fully his own. It's the property of all those he loves that died to have Rebrouge be alive.

S

sageridder

A dark cloaked figure with the hood drawn to cover his face approaches.You would guess that he is about 5'10" maybe about 270 lbs. He carries a Trident made of unknown material,it would appear to be of merfolk design and craftsmanship.At this time that is all you might guess about this stranger called Snake.