New member wants opinions.

C

Chaos Turtle

For the record, in case I haven't mentioned it (I have, of course, but gee, isn't belaboring a point fun?) I embrace change. Unless it's just random pointelss change; but I guess that's subject to individual interpretation.

Anyway, change is good. Otherwise, we'd still be apes.

D

DarthFerret

I agree with Oversoul (obviously since I stated my opinion when I started this thread) that there was no logical reason why they should have done the 'facelift'. If a person cannot tell all the information about a card with the old face, then they have no business playing magic and should stick to Pokemon or something equally simpler. This is just my opinion and is not meant to offend anyone, but I also dont want to keep seeing 10 yr olds out ther playing a game whose complexities they will never understand. Really annoying when I go to different card shops and see kids playing magic, and playing it wrong

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
Unless it's just random pointelss change; but I guess that's subject to individual interpretation.
Well, the facelift wasn't promoted as a pointless or random, although that is what I considered it to be.

The reasoning that was presented was that it would make for easier gameplay. I didn't buy their reasoning (maybe I was overly critical of it, but that's the role I tend to play) for that. And I found the old card face to be more appealing from an aesthetic standpoint (and not because I was used to it, although I'm sure for many that was the major issue).

But it's too late now. I didn't get into the game for the artwork or anything along those lines anyway, so it was never as big of a deal as what kind of cards they were printing and bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

D

DarthFerret

Well, after all the feedback, I guess I should announce, that my opinion remains the same, but I will probably start aquiring cards with the new facelift regardless. That is, as soon as I aquire the money I need to purchase the cards. Any donations would be welcome! :D

(Some of these cards sound like they are really worth having.)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by DarthFerret
Well, after all the feedback, I guess I should announce, that my opinion remains the same, but I will probably start aquiring cards with the new facelift regardless. That is, as soon as I aquire the money I need to purchase the cards. Any donations would be welcome! :D

(Some of these cards sound like they are really worth having.)
I've seen lots of cards that are really powerful and some that utterly ruin the game because people just love to get their mitts on four of them and build decks around them...

-Ferret

"...it seems almost impossible to find a truly Casual game on MTGOL"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm more worried about a certain card from Scourge than any of the cards with the new face. Still Mirrodin block has a couple of totally broken bombs...

T

train

I really can't find anything in mirrodin that is broken - unless it's the islands...:rolleyes:

There have been strong cards since Masques... but none broken...

Ferret

Staff member
Mirodin was plagued w/ the usual problems that come from artifact heavy sets: Blue got some great cards (can we say Afinity?) and the other colours had to play catch-up. By the time Darksteel came out it was getting silly. Fifth Dawn really helped encourage rainbow decks, but in most of the folks I saw playing w/ the block still leaned toward Blue...

-Ferret

"...at least from my perspective..."

T

train

I agree the affinity became a strong staple in a lot of play... but ravager runs without the blue, and is very strong... and there's also the green anti-art/affinity...

It all depends on the type of gamers you are around...

and though a lot was leant towards blue - it certainly wasn't broken...;)

C

Chaos Turtle

Originally posted by Oversoul
Mind's Desire is one of the most broken cards ever printed.
Which of course is why it dominated the Pro Tour last season in what will be called for years to come:

"The Summer of Desire."

:p