New game - Ghost Party

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Beyond Balderdash has ended and I'm a bit leery about doing another similiar game like WWYT or Tribond again due to the participation level... what about a board game? I was thinking something easy like Ghost Party or something semi-complicated like a wargame like Fortress America (a Mindmaster game of the same family as Axis & Allies, but now out of print, I believe).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you asked :)

Ghost Party is a board game where you try to "avoid" being found by Hugo, the Ghost, who wants to take you down into the cellars to get you drunk. :) You have a certain number of pieces, called party-goers, depending on how many people are playing. Everyone takes turns placing them on the game board, which is just a rectangular path, representing the hallway of the mansion. There are rooms that you can enter from the hallway, but only one party-goer can occupy a room. Each player rolls a d6 during his turn and moves one piece that amount of hallway spaces; you don't need exact count to enter an unoccupied room. A "3" means Hugo gets to move three spaces instead. If Hugo passes over or ends on a piece, that party-goer gets banished to the cellar. The first cellar space is -10 pts, the next is -9, and so on. The round ends when everyone is either in a room or is in the cellar. The game ends after 3 rounds.

Basically, because of the large negative points, you want to try to get the least negative score :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Limited, Ransac, turgy22, and Mooseman, in that order, pick a color to represent your playing pieces.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's a good thing Limited didn't want maroon... :)

Keep in mind that this is all on the computer, most likely through Paint, so "maroon" basically becomes "red" and "silver" will probably become gray, depending on how well it shows up on the board :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so dopey, I was all concentrating on making the game "real" when we could just use the initials of the players. I mean, we could still use colors, but to get the game started, let's just use black initials.

Okay, the order of the players are:

Limited
turgy22
Ransac
Spidey
Mooseman

I think it's okay if I play as well since it's all determined by a dice roll. If not, let me know and I'll bow out.

The game board is attached. Hopefully you all have Paint(?). Just d/l, indicate where you want to put a playing piece with your initial, and then upload. Since there's five players (with me), everyone gets 3 pieces.

You can only place pieces in the hallway (the rectangular track). Remember, when the game starts, only one piece can be in a room. Movement will be clockwise. Hugo the Ghost is currently on the -10 space in the center - he will gradually move out when its rolled on the die and will move clockwise also form the bottom of the board.

So Limited can place first. Feel free to ask any questions, of course.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, just one at a time.

Looking at the map, it's a bit unclear, but two rooms to the left are worth +3 points while two rooms to the right are worth -1 points.

Again, remember, when the it's your turn and I roll the die, you only move one piece. A piece in a room is no longer able to move.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
There should be Additional options right under your editor window. There is a section for managing attachments.

This is a test. Is this how you want it done Spidey?

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You have to Go Advanced to see the upload attachment option, you can't use Quick Reply.

Yeah, that's close, but the gray squares are the board. Your M(m?) seems to be in a white square.