New game: Dominion

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, but I think there's a stronger chance that Oversoul will end the game now by picking up that last Province.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah, luck was cruel to me this time (actually, I was getting worse draws overall than I'd expected based on my card pool in both this game and the previous one so perhaps luck is only cruel to me through Rokapoke, in which case I should make a note not to play Russian roulette against him). I'm not ending it. I think Melkor still wins, but I haven't done the math to be certain. I'll buy three Duchies and a Copper.

R

rokapoke

Oversoul buys 3 Duchys and a Copper.

Spiderman's 17th Turn
Hand:
Copper x2
Province
Moneylender
Village

Playing the Village draws you another Copper.

You have 3 treasure for 1 buy. If you choose to use the Moneylender, you will have 5 treasure for 1 buy, permanently losing a Copper.

What'll it be?

Stockpiles:
QTY..CARD
26...Copper (cost = 0, 1 treasure)
31...Silver (3, 2 treasure)
15...Gold (6, 3 treasure)

11...Estate (2, 1 victory point)
8....Duchy (5, 3 victory points)
1....Province (8, 6 victory points)

7....Cellar (2) (+1 action. Discard any number of cards from your hand. Draw that many cards.)
1....Village (3) (+2 actions. Draw one card.)
8....Woodcutter (3) (+1 buy. +2 treasure for this turn.)
8....Moneylender (4) (Trash a copper from your hand. If you do, gain +3 treasure for this turn.)
7....Feast (4) (Trash this card. Gain a card costing up to 5.)
6....Smithy (4) (Draw 3 cards.)
8....Festival (5) (+2 actions. +1 buy. +2 treasure for this turn.)
5....Laboratory (5) (+1 action. Draw two cards.)
4....Market (5) (+1 action. +1 buy. Draw one card. +1 treasure for this turn.)
8....Mine (5) (Trash a treasure card from your hand. Put a treasure card costing up to 3 more into your hand.)

Deck size / Draw pile size:
Spiderman -- 30 / 15
Turgy22 -- 29 / 19
Melkor -- 23 / 3
Oversoul -- 30 / 10

R

rokapoke

Bah, luck was cruel to me this time (actually, I was getting worse draws overall than I'd expected based on my card pool in both this game and the previous one so perhaps luck is only cruel to me through Rokapoke, in which case I should make a note not to play Russian roulette against him). I'm not ending it. I think Melkor still wins, but I haven't done the math to be certain. I'll buy three Duchies and a Copper.
For the record, despite my sarcastic comments regarding the complexity of your turns, I let the Excel random number generation determine the draws. Therefore, the seeding of the RNG is cruel to you. :p

Also, these emoticons are not very good.

R

rokapoke

Spidey buys a Duchy.

Turgy22's 17th Turn
Hand:
Silver
Smithy
Mine
Laboratory
Estate

Playing the Laboratory draws you a Gold and a Copper.

You have 6 treasure for 1 buy, with 1 action available.
If you choose to use the Mine, you will have 7 treasure for 1 buy.
If you choose to use the Smithy, you will draw another 3 cards but will have no more actions available. There are currently 12 cards in your draw pile.

What'll it be?

Stockpiles:
QTY..CARD
26...Copper (cost = 0, 1 treasure)
31...Silver (3, 2 treasure)
15...Gold (6, 3 treasure)

11...Estate (2, 1 victory point)
8....Duchy (5, 3 victory points)
1....Province (8, 6 victory points)

7....Cellar (2) (+1 action. Discard any number of cards from your hand. Draw that many cards.)
1....Village (3) (+2 actions. Draw one card.)
8....Woodcutter (3) (+1 buy. +2 treasure for this turn.)
8....Moneylender (4) (Trash a copper from your hand. If you do, gain +3 treasure for this turn.)
7....Feast (4) (Trash this card. Gain a card costing up to 5.)
6....Smithy (4) (Draw 3 cards.)
8....Festival (5) (+2 actions. +1 buy. +2 treasure for this turn.)
5....Laboratory (5) (+1 action. Draw two cards.)
4....Market (5) (+1 action. +1 buy. Draw one card. +1 treasure for this turn.)
8....Mine (5) (Trash a treasure card from your hand. Put a treasure card costing up to 3 more into your hand.)

Deck size / Draw pile size:
Spiderman -- 30 / 15
Turgy22 -- 29 / 12
Melkor -- 23 / 3
Oversoul -- 30 / 10

turgy22

Nothing Special
12 cards in hand... 5 of which do nothing to help me, 3 that will win it and 4 that will help, but only if I draw two of them. I could Mine for Silver, and pick up 4 VPs, but Melkor's almost guaranteed to get a Province next turn.

Going for the win... Smithy.

C'mon top deck!
(I predict that I'll draw a Copper, a Market and an Estate / Province.)

R

rokapoke

The Smithy draws you...

a Copper and 2 Silvers.

You now have 11 treasure for 1 buy, and I'll assume you spend it on the last Province.

The game has ended! Correctly, this time!

Final Scoring: (Estate = 1 victory point; Duchy = 3 victory points; Province = 6 victory points)
Name..............E...D...P..........SCORE
Turgy22...........4...0...5..........34
Melkor............3...1...4..........30
Oversoul..........3...3...1..........18
Spiderman.........3...1...2..........18

So ultimately, Turgy22 won the game! Congratulations on a game well played. It was interesting to see the different strategies in action.
I have attached the spreadsheet I used to run the game, in case anybody has interest in playing again (I agree with Oversoul's previous post, suggesting that players can handle it themselves).

Attachments

turgy22

Nothing Special
Whew! Good game guys. I was fortunate that Oversoul kept playing for the win himself (despite insurmountable odds) instead of ending the game and guaranteeing himself a finish about Spiderman.

I still feel as though Melkor outplayed me (and everyone else). He had the best strategy from start to finish. I also benefited from taking my turn before his.

Melkor

I was counting on Spiderman to buy a Province on his 15th of 16th turn to set the Province clock in my favor. I did envy the big turns you guys would sometimes have with all the actions, but it seemed like thinning the deck with Moneylender and buying Gold would be more consistent.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
but it seemed like thinning the deck with Moneylender and buying Gold would be more consistent.
I wanted to thin my deck! I was going to use Mine to do it, but I got stalled by all the early turns with only three treasure. For most of this game, I was calculating my odds of having different treasure values (mainly 3, 4, and 5), but I kept drawing Estates and by the time I finally had any buying power, it was too late.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats turgy22! I really didn't have a strategy, except trying to get the Provinces, but I guess the cards I picked hindered that since turgy22 (and Melkor) clearly ended up with more. I think it's hard to keep track of what's going on unless you're actively keeping track of the turns since it plays out over weeks rather than "minutes".