New Game: Beyond Balderdash

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, now that Tribond has ended, I promised those that Beyond Balderdash would be the next game. Here's the rules since I can't find the old copy (apparently, threads ARE unreachable after a certain point).

I post a category and question. Players PM me their guesses to what the answer is. I post the list of guesses and then players have to pick from that list what they think the answer is. You get points for giving guesses for the list and guessing the correct answer from the list, and getting others to guess your answer.

Ex. Category is Initials. The initials are: S.M.F.W.

Player A guesses So Many Fine Women
Player B guesses Society of Medical Friends of Wine (the correct answer)
Player C guesses Society of Male/Female Whisperers

That's for the list. When I post it

Player A guesses B
Player C guesses A
Player D guesses B

Players A, B, and C get points for doing initial guesses.
Player A gets points for getting the correct answer from the lists, PLUS getting two people to guess his answer.
Player B gets points for getting the answer right off the bat
Player C gets no points
Player D gets some points for guessing the correct answer, but not as many as Player A because he didn't do an initial guess for the list.

Got it? Confused? Let's play! Game will start Monday, 5/7. The categories I will be using are People, Initials, and Dates (no words or movies because they're too easy to look up).

Points: You get one point for providing an initial guess. You get three points for providing the correct answer (and cannot guess from the list afterwards)

If you did the above, you get 2 points for getting the correct answer. If not, you only get 1 point.

You get a point for each person guessing your answer from the list.

Each round there will be a player designated as the "Dasher". If no one guesses the correct answer from the List, the Dasher will get 2 or 1 points, depending on if he did an initial guess.

Let's play! :D

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

...I'm sort of confused, but I'll participate anyway.

G

Gerode

I'll be in, even though I'm kinda confused. My streak of mediocrity must continue!

B

Baskil

Finally, a game where Google isn't the path to victory :p (oops, did I say that?)

A

Apollo

I'm in.

And Spidey, you're example is slightly messed up. Players A,B, and C should get points for submitting a guess. And you said player B in there when you should have said player D. But hey, I'm just a stickler for details.:)

I remain,
Apollo
Shooting for 2 points in this game!

E

EricBess

Baskil,

I still have no idea what Google is. But we are on the internet aren't we? That doesn't make it any easier, it just alters the rules a bit... We all have access to the same information. :p

C

Chaos Turtle

Is that one of those mega-searchers like Dogpile and Big Mama what's-her-face?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Baskil: Well, by cutting out words and movies, I'm hoping to make this less-Google too.

Ransac: Yes.

Apollo: Thanks for catching that, I was typing it in a rush and SOOO disappointed I couldn't bring up my old instructions from the previous games so I could just cut-n-paste. I'll go back and edit.

Chaos Turtle: Yes.

All: I'll try to find who the current champ is unless that person speaks up or someone else remembers so you know who to beat :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't been around awhile, unfortunately, so it looks like we're gonna have a new champion...

D

DÛke

...New champ IN DEED!

I'm playin' this freakin' dang thang...

...I'm short on time (meaning I didn't read much about the rules), but how much time do we get to answer the questions?

Late-a'...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just like in Tribond, you will have approximately 3-4 days to give initial guesses and final answers (so a full complete question will take about a week).

F

fuzzy510

Say we're all complete idiots (Which 97.62% of us are :D). If nobody submits the right answer, will it still appear? Also, if player D submitted the same thing as Player A, does Player D get points? :confused:

S

Sleepy

hey I'm back.I'm sneaking online at work a little every now and then. I'll try to play too.

S

Salacious Crumb

Arg... I'm not not not not not not not not not not in:D

Hoipa